It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mexico has a ‘contingency plan’ if Trump wins

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
As a Texan I am happy somebody finally gives a hoot about our plight...

A deluge of uneducated impoverished "refugees" have been overtaking my state by the millions for more than a half century...

There was a time when the US immigration policy sought to "skim the cream" off the top of the worlds nations...

You know, more Einsteins and Nicola Teslas and less Dzhokhar Tsarnaevs...

But what about the women and children? Well, I'm pretty sure the Orlando massacre terrorist was a kid when he came here and that idiot who killed a bunch people in the mall was also a kid when he came here...

So spare me your moral equivocation and any effort's to pull my heartstrings because children grow up born of the sensibilities and genetic predisposition of their culture...and if said predisposition/culture tends towards a cult of death then please stay in whatever hellhole you came from...

For the Werner Von Brauns of the world, come on over if u can get us back to the moon...to the rest, stay where u are please...although u probably can't read so this request is moot..

-Chris

To be fair, Mexicans have been established in that land for over a thousand years. To them, you're an occupier. Try and figure out how to compromise and be accepting. You'll be nothing more than a whiner otherwise because nothing will change that "my people were here first" mind frame.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is all nonsense speculating for nothing.
Trump is never going to be elected.

PERIOD END OF STORY...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Innocuous

YES.! Have you watched our own stock market???
Trumps numbers go up the stocks go down. Hills numbers go up the market goes up.
We've just had nine days of falling stock prices in a row. Since the Email thing again.
Play blind man if you want but that's reality.

Now her numbers are going up again and we're recovering.
I have a portfolio I watch daily.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

A deluge of uneducated impoverished "refugees" have been overtaking my state by the millions for more than a half century...

There was a time when the US immigration policy sought to "skim the cream" off the top of the worlds nations...

But what about the women and children? Well, I'm pretty sure the Orlando massacre terrorist was a kid when he came here and that idiot who killed a bunch people in the mall was also a kid when he came here...

So spare me your moral equivocation and any effort's to pull my heartstrings because children grow up born of the sensibilities and genetic predisposition of their culture...and if said predisposition/culture tends towards a cult of death then please stay in whatever hellhole you came from...

For the Werner Von Brauns of the world, come on over if u can get us back to the moon...to the rest, stay where u are please...although u probably can't read so this request is moot..

-Chris

To be fair, Mexicans have been established in that land for over a thousand years. To them, you're an occupier. Try and figure out how to compromise and be accepting. You'll be nothing more than a whiner otherwise because nothing will change that "my people were here first" mind frame.

We went to war and whipped their ass for our independence...

Read "retreat to glory" when u get a chance...

It was required curriculum for my seventh grade texas history class…

Mexico is more than welcome to try and take back Texas…
Bring it on…

-Chris

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Profusion

Mexico has a ‘contingency plan’ if Trump wins

True.

They won't take Justin Beiber back.

Um Justin Beiber is Canadian and no we don't want him back.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This remark doesn't seem to be in the spirit of most replies, but has anyone considered that the finanace minister of Mexico could very well have a contingency plan. Mexico's oil doesn't have to be sold in DOLLARS. Changing how their oil is sold would be a very interesting contingency - especially if they chose the YUAN.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
This remark doesn't seem to be in the spirit of most replies, but has anyone considered that the finanace minister of Mexico could very well have a contingency plan. Mexico's oil doesn't have to be sold in DOLLARS. Changing how their oil is sold would be a very interesting contingency - especially if they chose the YUAN.

ganjoa

That is a complete impossibility...
The Mexican economy is ththeres through treaties with our dollar and would be impossible for them to sever those ties without complete anarchy...

An entirely new financial system would need to be created, installed, and implemented over the course of decades…

Mexico exists only at America's discretion and in a form acceptable to the US and will continue to do so subserviently in perpetuity...
Otherwise their economy would catastrophically fail and Mexican society would again plunge into ruin and revolution..

-Chris

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Innocuous
"Trump’s negative rhetoric is already hurting Mexico’s currency, the peso. It’s down 9% this year, partially due to Trump"

Does anyone really believe this ?

No they are pulling down the peso on purpose. Remember all the new factory's opening and jobs going over its a benefit for the government to get them in. This is how you do it. Dont forget china i buying factory's and stuff in mexico cause its cheap and we have a trade agreement with Mexico making it even easier to get goods threw.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

-Chris

We went to war and whipped their ass for our independence...

Read "retreat to glory" when u get a chance...

It was required curriculum for my seventh grade texas history class…

Mexico is more than welcome to try and take back Texas…
Bring it on…

-Chris

You'd have more than enough reinforcements from your neighbors to the east, too.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

And you are happy with this?

From what I understand of your nation and its founding, you should be absolutely opposed to your nation having any control over anything except itself, and yet here you are spouting off about how Mexico only exists because the United States permits it?

Did you get yourself a monarch all of a sudden? I only ask because your words mark you out as one who would have preferred that their shackles rest lightly upon them, if you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966
So they don't say what the actual 'contingency plan' is?

I can't think of what they would mean.

So if Trump wins they are going to . . . . .???

Withhold the flow of burritos?

Stop letting American tourists visit Cancun?

Build a huge wall to keep us out of Tijuana?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

And you are happy with this?

From what I understand of your nation and its founding, you should be absolutely opposed to your nation having any control over anything except itself, and yet here you are spouting off about how Mexico only exists because the United States permits it?

Did you get yourself a monarch all of a sudden? I only ask because your words mark you out as one who would have preferred that their shackles rest lightly upon them, if you know what I mean.

I would prefer America cease the inumerable subsidies afforded Mexico and tariff their goods to the same margin our goods face...

Let's talk about Japan, my favorite country in the world(culturally, financially and sensibility wise) outside of America...

To import an American car to Japan is impossibly expensive…
So American carmakers have opened factories in Japan using Japanese labor to build them and sell them domestically…

Why not expect the same from Japan…?
Which we now see happening…
Toyota is opening auto plants throughout the south (mostly due to right-to-work laws) to avoid import tariffs...
BMW the same...

When I say Mexico exists at our discretion I mean because their economy is based upon American consumption…
If we were to turn off the pipeline for financial importation of the US dollar into their economy then Mexico as it exists today would plunge into anarchy...

This is a fact:
Water is wet, the sky is blue and Mexico has an economy driven by US dollars..

-Chris
edit on 5-11-2016 by Christosterone because: iPad speech to text can't understand my hick accent...homonym errors aplenty

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

And by the same token, without cheap Mexican labour to manufacture things, and cheap immigrant labour to keep businesses which have access to that resource from going under, the American economy would fall over and have a heart attack within days.

But well done for not answering the question straight. You would have fit in WONDERFULLY on Capitol Hill.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
That sounds like a coincidence or a case of fudging the numbers. Let's assume you are right tho. If a countries currency is destabilized by Donald Trump, who isn't even president yet, i would imagine a stiff wind might have a similar affect on that countries currency.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

And by the same token, without cheap Mexican labour to manufacture things, and cheap immigrant labour to keep businesses which have access to that resource from going under, the American economy would fall over and have a heart attack within days.

But well done for not answering the question straight. You would have fit in WONDERFULLY on Capitol Hill.

You have no context… I am a born and raised Texan…
The interactions I have with the illegal population is so far beyond your imagination I could hardly begin to describe it...

The strain they put our healthcare system is so unimaginably high that it outweighs any benefit their cheap labor enjoys...
And blue-collar work was never an issue prior to their flooding into our society…

Go to an inner-city ER anywhere in Texas and you will see the rooms lined with children with mouthfuls of dental reconstruction whose unimaginably complex medical work ups will cost the taxpayers millions over the course of their lives as they pay nothing back into the system…

They refuse to adapt to our culture refusing even to learn our language…
I speak a lot of languages(Spanish being one) though on principle I do not if the person with whom I'm conversing has shown no effort to learn English…
And I will go,so far as to have the translation service unnecessarily become [unnecessarily] involved...as is their right by a stupid law...
If I show up in rural Hiroshima-Ken should I receive free healthcare for life and expect everyone there to speak English?

Sidenote: my grandmother was stabbed to death by an illegal alien for $20 in a small West Texas town…

-Chris

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
mexico is a crap hole anyways

better bombed off the map

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You justify your closet imperialism anyway you like friend.

sarc*

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Economic warfare

They can cut off trade with us

We import massive amounts of vehicles, electronics, and oil from Mexico

ustr.gov...

We actually import more than we export.

They can find other buyers in China and South America. It would hurt them in the short term.. but itbwould hurt us oretty bad because we get alot from them on the cheap, especially since transportation cost is so low.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

That is a fine approach of thought,Mexico has a decent economy,better then our's I do agree a lot of companies are intermingled,but if Mexico were to pull away,trade in Rubles or Yuan,they are already set up for it,they don't have a fiat currency,they actually have something to back their currency,something the US can't say,so I think your puffing your chest out too much,we are slowly becoming a plague in the eyes of other nations,the old gray mare aint what she used to be

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Innocuous

I think it speaks to just how much a trump presidency frightens not just Mexico but our own financial institutions and Europe's .

That's just how awful they think he would be.
He's so beyond out of his league and he's such a egotist he doesn't even know it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join