It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does illegal immigration cost USA taxpayers every year? You need to READ THIS.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
The only way to stop illegal immigration is to fine the living Hell out of those companies who hire them. Small businesses like construction..$1000 a day per worker. Big Corporations...$10,000 per day per worker.
When I visit Texas, almost every crew I see building houses are exclusively Mexican, who have a foreman that translates for the rest.. My sister hired a carpet cleaning service and the guy they sent didn't speak a word of English. When she hired a house cleaning service, not one of those spoke English either and in every case, it is extremely frustrating to have to play charades to get a point across.
And yes I know someone is going to say "Learn Spanish". Well, when I went to Mexico for 2 weeks, I did study up on enough to at least get by. I didn't expect everyone to cater to my needs and speak English. If I went to live and work there, I'd go to the effort to be fluent. Illegals who have lived here for years, still don't speak or understand English enough to form a complete sentence.

Target businesses. There is absolutely no way to catch every illegal alien. If they can't get a job or benefits, they won't come.

Targeting businesses that hire illegals is one part of it, but is not the primary solution.

Most illegals use fake IDs and stolen SSN to get hired. Many employers don't even know they hired illegals due to fake IDs and stolen SSN.
The IRS knows this and does nothing about it. Cleaning up corruption in the IRS, or completely replacing it, is the first thing that needs to be done to address this and other issues:
IRS doesn’t tell 1M taxpayers that illegals stole their Social Security numbers

Securing the borders is the first thing that needs to be done, or the cycle will just continue. Secure borders are already approved by Congress, but the actual implementation has been stalled.

When unaccompanied minors come here, we need to return them immediately to the custody of the government of the country where they originated. There is no reason that they should become US responsibility just because they sneak in. This also adds to a cycle that ends up with entire families sneaking in. I do feel for their situations, but there are legal ways to immigrate.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: Indigent
I want to understand, that number is about 2% of the debt, so illegals are the only reason US is broke? not war or anything else?

The 19 trillion in debt was not accumulated in one year. 340 billion per year over the last 20 years averaged down per year is about 6 trillion dollars, or about 30% of the debt.

Cheers - Dave

That would assume that there was absolutely no tax generated by any of these expenditures. So every penny paid was either saved or left the economy.

It is impossible to assign parts of the debt to tyoe of individual expenditures as they will have different net effects on the economy and tax receipts.

45 billion a year disappears into Mexico, not taxed. That leaves about say 290 billion a year that is also not taxed, at least not income tax. On that 290 billion pet year, let's say half of it gets 10% sales tax or 15 billion per year. That reduces the 6 trillion by 300 billion over a 20 year period. It drops the total from about 31% down to 29.5%, now there's something to argue about lol. The final number is still huge.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Have You looked into CBD oils? It is the oil that just has the '+' but none of the '-' It 'may' be exempt due to the fact You'd have to drink 10 gallons to get a fly high.

www.cannadynamics.com

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
it`s more than 338 billion, the country is running at a deficit every year so we can assume that all or part of that 338 billion every year is borrowed money which has interest attached to it.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

If you were to take every single illegal out, your # economy would turn into more #. The cost of produce would go up because not a single white person will pick fruit in a field. Price of new houses will skyrocket, very little Americans like to do hard labor or construction jobs. Millions of jobs would be available but Americans are so lazy none of them would take any of those jobs. I know this because in the 20 years ive been in the United States i have never seen a mexican homeless person asking for money on the corner. Just face the facts. Mexicans do all the jobs Americans dont want to do.

Think twice before you people start making these racist based comments.
edit on 5-11-2016 by upperhand12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2016 by upperhand12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: DeathSlayer

So $3.7 trillion is comparable to $338 billion is it?

Face it, you're a bigot that's bad at maths

So , you are Ok with American Tax Payers Forking Over $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR to Support the Lives of Foreign Nationals who Illegally Enter this Country Under False Pretenses ? Forget about your Alleged Claims of Racism here for a Minute , and Think about that . Is it FAIR that Hard Working American Families Must Suffer that Tax Burden for the Benefit of People who have NO RIGHT to be in this Country ? If you Claim to be an American Citizen and are Fine with that Situation , then you Sir are Un-American in Most Peoples Eyes here ....

edit on 5-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I want to understand, that number is about 2% of the debt, so illegals are the only reason US is broke? not war or anything else?

The 19 trillion in debt was not accumulated in one year. 340 billion per year over the last 20 years averaged down per year is about 6 trillion dollars, or about 30% of the debt.

Cheers - Dave

That would assume that there was absolutely no tax generated by any of these expenditures. So every penny paid was either saved or left the economy.

It is impossible to assign parts of the debt to tyoe of individual expenditures as they will have different net effects on the economy and tax receipts.

45 billion a year disappears into Mexico, not taxed. That leaves about say 290 billion a year that is also not taxed, at least not income tax. On that 290 billion pet year, let's say half of it gets 10% sales tax or 15 billion per year. That reduces the 6 trillion by 300 billion over a 20 year period. It drops the total from about 31% down to 29.5%, now there's something to argue about lol. The final number is still huge.

Cheers - Dave

So the teachers and school staff employed don't pay tax?

Is the money is only spent once generating a single sales tax payment?

The additional people employed indirectly because of the economic uplift from these payments don't pay tax?

No corporation tax from companies whose profits are boosted?

You can't calculate the portion of the debt (if any) that is a result of these payments using primary school arithmetic.
edit on 5-11-2016 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Cheers - Dave

So the teachers and school staff employed don't pay tax?

Is the money is only spent once generating a single sales tax payment?

The additional people employed indirectly because of the economic uplift from these payments don't pay tax?

No corporation tax from companies whose profits are boosted?

You can't calculate the portion of the debt (if any) that is a result of these payments using primary school arithmetic.

The only point I was making initially is that 2% of the debt is a stupid number generated by stupid people with an obvious social engineering agenda. It may not be 30%. What I find funny is any extraneous taxes from citizens and legal residents becomes part of that "10%." If I am not mistaken, illegals can't work legally and are therefore off the books, paid cash. What you are trying to do it appears, is grope at straws made of smoke.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: upperhand12

So what you are saying is that it is ok to treat the illegals like slaves. You are ok with trafficking humans into the US for the sole purpose of cheap labor?

edit on 5-11-2016 by Watcher777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Why are we talking debt not deficit?

Deficit is $440 billion a year.

That means they cause 77% of the deficit (what causes the huge debt, so they account for 77% of the debt last year).

That's going by the OPs numbers which I imagine can't be added that way. The fact you look at that number and conclude it's small is mindblowing though. That is nearly 3 trillion during Obama's term alone.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So you're telling me, you want your children to grow up picking fruit? I hope so

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: upperhand12

If you were to take every single illegal out, your # economy would turn into more #. The cost of produce would go up because not a single white person will pick fruit in a field. Price of new houses will skyrocket, very little Americans like to do hard labor or construction jobs. Millions of jobs would be available but Americans are so lazy none of them would take any of those jobs. I know this because in the 20 years ive been in the United States i have never seen a mexican homeless person asking for money on the corner. Just face the facts. Mexicans do all the jobs Americans dont want to do.

Think twice before you people start making these racist based comments.

I believe that all people (even those born South of the U.S. border) have the intelligence and capacity to read, understand and complete standard forms to do things legally. Clearly you think they lack that ability.

I would like to see everyone be afforded the same legal rights and protections. Clearly you are comfortable with having a group of second class people "hiding in the shadows," as they say.

You, upperhand12, are the racist.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

So you're telling me, you want your children to grow up picking fruit? I hope so

I've done more jobs along the lines of picking fruit than I care to remember as I started out in this world. Perhaps that's why I respect everyone who does an honest days work while you seemingly look down on those working in the fields. I suppose when I was washing dishes in the back of a fast food Chinese restaurant in my early years, you would have looked down on me too.

Then again, part of the reason that illegals find themselves in the position to be paid sub-wages is because they made the choice to go to places through improper channels.

Since my wife and I stay on the right side of the law and don't try to take shortcuts, we are teaching these lessons to our son. At his young age he is learning the concept of "delayed gratification" so he won't "expect" other people to take care of his needs and he understands the concept of work.

We've also been making the sacrifices necessary to send him to private school as to avoid some of the tomfoolery that goes on in the public school system.

So, he may end up somewhere in the "fruit picking" business. Perhaps designing or programming the robots that will replace those out in the field. Perhaps by studying the chemistry of agriculture to improve yields. Perhaps logistics to move produce around. In any event, you need not worry about our kid. Worry about your own (should the world be subjected to an offspring from you).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join