It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Pompeii

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Was searching the internet for supernatural stories on Pompeii and found nothing ?....you think a place like that would full of strange things but no nothing so has anyone come across any stories etc.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk
Was searching the internet for supernatural stories on Pompeii and found nothing ?....you think a place like that would full of strange things but no nothing so has anyone come across any stories etc.

Never came across anything, however, Pompeii no longer exists except as a tourist attraction, no one lives there and have not for centuries so records of paranormal activity would be few and far between. The site was only rediscovered in 1748 and was not fully open to all until early 2000 as a tourist attraction. Given Ghosts etc only come out during the haunting hours, not many stories would be available as its not open at night

edit on 2016-11-05T07:05:19-05:002016Sat, 05 Nov 2016 07:05:19 -0500bSaturday0511America/Chicago167 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
iv been there didn't notice anything strange lol ...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk

Anywhere where massive death is involved there will always be a spiritual presence...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

What of places like Auschwitz or Stalingrad? Has anybody made contact with the masses who died there?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

What of places like Auschwitz or Stalingrad? Has anybody made contact with the masses who died there?

Yes, good point. All the Nazi concentration camps where millions died brutal and cruel deaths...not a sausage.

I once heard that you can never hear birds singing in those places, but that might be just an urban myth.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Yes the bird story heard that one too. Maybe something left over that the birds can feel.

At Auschwitz I would expect the majority of the souls of the murdered to have been scooped up and gone to their heaven. The vast majority of the Jews sent there were from the east and a good proportion of them were Ultra Orthodox who actually saw their rounding up as a ticket to heaven from what I've read. Many Heridi would go sraight to heaven they would be on their way. The city Jews well many of them were pulling away from religion and becoming non believers so you would expect some of their souls to be lurking around the camp sites. Many millionsof Christians and Gypsis=es also killed should be there too. Maybe there was a mass evacuation of everybodys souls taking place by the higher forces?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I have made a few attempts to allow me and a team to conduct paranormal investigations into Auschwitz and have been denied access (after hours) AND not allowed to preform any paranormal test while open to the public.....so NO. BUT go to any place where there was massive death and your meters will "light up" .... Then you need someone who knows how to reach out and make contact.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Was there last year and did not hear any ghost stories.

Some of the exhibits/areas are kinda creepy - obviously the ones w/ the bodies. There is a newer exhibit (2015) in a pyramid that is pretty eerie/depressing.

Cool place to visit though. Still digging stuff up there.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Fascinating how they won't let you in after hours. Maybe they know something.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

They are haunted and very sad places were million's of completely innocent people were murdered because of the twisted ideology of a fanatical regime of right wing monster's.

www.thecontrarianmedia.com...
www.montrealparanormal.com...
www.yourghoststories.com...
aweekinauschwitz.blogspot.co.uk...
evp

But there are of course other type's of ghosts than the paranormal and of that I speak of the emotional and psychological.
www.unsilence.org...

Back to the main topic
I don't know that a soul would remain for all that time (Also a recording in the eatha as old idea's goes would likely fade over time making the ghost fade until it was no longer detectible if that was all it was) and an entire nation of very devout religious people did pray for them when the site was found, several priest's have visited these site's and they have also been blessed so, but?.
www.susannaduffy.com...
hubpages.com...

I would imagine as no one actually lives in the ruin's then only the odd personal tale may exist but there are story's of Roman empire ghost's from other places such as York here in Britain.

www.britannia.com...
www.real-british-ghosts.com...
www.parascience.org.uk...

edit on 5-11-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Well, just to add a bit of correction, I was in Pompei in 1970. Perhaps you mean they''ve opened more of Pompei since 2000?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Just to correct an earlier post, ghosts etc do NOT have "haunting hours" Paranormal activity is just as likely to happen in the middle of the day as in the dead of night....despite all the TV shows that are always at night.

I think there might be an "expiration date" on spirits, which is why no activity has been found at Pompeii. Could be the energy in that form has to eventually go elsewhere/transform into something else, so just like humans, has a limited shelf life (albeit longer) before moving on. Or, doesn't have attachments to keep them here. Loved ones pass on, houses eventually crumble, etc

BTW, the Montreal paranormal team's video above with "tortured screams" supposedly in there? I even went to the timestamp mentioned and hear nothing unusual. All throughout the video though, you can hear echoes of footsteps, other people moving/talking elsewhere in the building
edit on 11/5/2016 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

Yes, good point. All the Nazi concentration camps where millions died brutal and cruel deaths...not a sausage.

I once heard that you can never hear birds singing in those places, but that might be just an urban myth.

I have been to Auschwitz and definitely heard birds singing, however, was unable to distinguish if it was from the woods surrounding the camp or from the camp itself. One thing i can say though, during my time there (couple of hours) i did not see a bird perching anywhere or overflying the site

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Well, just to add a bit of correction, I was in Pompei in 1970. Perhaps you mean they''ve opened more of Pompei since 2000?

My bad, the site has been open for approx 250 years for tourism with expansion over the years from then until now, my comment was based on the "erotic artefacts" that had been locked away by King Francis due to his embarrassment, the Naples "Secret Museum" which houses these artefacts was fully opened in 2000, minors still need to be accompanied by an Adult

Thanks for the correction

top topics

join