It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Seeing the GOP debates for the first time...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I gotta say I've been mostly motivated by stopping the Clinton Crime Family. I didn't even truly begin to tune in to the "election" until after the nominations.

Playing this film, it's bizarre to me anyone would be so hardcore against Trump. To not support him is one thing...

Him totally punking the corrupt GOP establishment candidates as being total stooges, any sane person should be able to rally at least behind that.

Instead, about all I've ever interpreted from any account of his election is a pure LOVE/HATE narrative.
edit on 5-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Playing this film, it's bizarre to me anyone would be so hardcore against Trump. To not support him is one thing...

Not sure I understand how those two are being differentiated.

I very much do not support him becoming POTUS. Does that make me hardcore against him?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

No.

The point is, especially for Democrat's, I suppose is, I'd expect Democrat's tosee him tearing the GOP establishment to pieces and rejoice. Yet I've seen no trace of that sentiment, alone.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I don't see him as this revolutionary figure fighting the GOP.

Even if you don't view him as part of the GOP establishment, we can still look at, for instance, the supreme court justices he plans to appoint to office. I think at the end of the day he's still a part of it *shrug*

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Not too much a fan of Donald Trump, the person (plenty of good & bad in anyone's life if you grab a microscope.) But Donald Trump the political outsider who wants term limits, to "drain the swamp" and jerk the chain the political establishment. F-Yeah!!! "Shut-up, and listen to your betters" is about as anti-American as it can get.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

I don't see him as this revolutionary figure fighting the GOP.

Even if you don't view him as part of the GOP establishment, we can still look at, for instance, the supreme court justices he plans to appoint to office. I think at the end of the day he's still a part of it *shrug*

I'm not familiar with all the people on that list, so I won't comment about the list. However, aside that list, and some of his outlandish pandering, much like any other presidential candidate (Remember, Obama was reported to say he was gonna have a transparent admin, close Guantanamo, and a bunch of other things that didn't happen, or were done opposite of his campaign promises. Same with Bush, etc etc).

However, I may find Trump to be a bit... unsavory, I see him as slowing things down. Where as I see Hillary not giving a crap about anything but her own gain, and pointing the finger at Russia more, leading us to more War.

For instance this vid of her.

I don't like the idea of where Hillary might take us, mind you, I'm not against the idea of a female president, I just don't want it to be her.

We've almost 8 years of a democrat president, I say it's time we let an "outsider" shake things up a bit. Term limits sound good, across the board, and having too much of one party in government is a bad idea, it creates an imbalance, imo. Let's swing things back towards the middle a bit, please.
--------------------------
OP, yes the GOP debates were just... sad.

The parties, both GOP and DNC are broken. I think corruption has finally rotted everything in the government. It's a sad state of its once former not-so-corrupt self.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Perhaps the problem people have with him, is that although he is quite able to see and point out the corrupt, broken character of the GOP as an organisation, he is unable to hide the fact that the only thing that sets him apart from them, is the fact that he does not make an effort to hide what a disreputable, fascistic, whining little fusspot he is, or how much of a dictator he would be in power.

new topics

top topics

join