It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why not Trump?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Can anyone here actually give me their point of view on why trump shouldn't be president? ive been lurking ATS for a couple days trying to find some decent arguments against him but all i see is the usual hes a racist blah blah blah, mind you with absolutely no reasoning as to why or how hes a racist. its all just attacks on his character. i get that you guys would rather have a psychopath with no decernable personality of their own because they ACT professional but any reasonable person can tell you a personas performance has nothing to do with how they act.

So come on, lay it on me. what is trump proposing to do that would be bad for the american people. beware i will tare it apart so if your afraid of possibly realizing your opinions and beliefs arent grounded in reality stay away.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

He's a Billionaire who has no understanding of real peoples lives , he's a mouth first brain second type of person.
As a businessman The Economist has this to say about him.

An analysis of Trump's business career by The Economist in 2016, concludes that his "...performance [from 1985 to 2016] has been mediocre compared with the stock market and property in New York"
en.wikipedia.org...

He still hasn't released his Tax returns , he hasn't outlined how he's going to pay for the pledges he's made or how he's going to make America great again other than jingoistic rhetoric.

Why Trump ?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
Can anyone here actually give me their point of view on why trump shouldn't be president? So why not Trump?

People said the same thing about Hitler.
If you have to ask that question, you are so far from informed that all the explanations in the world wouldn't make any difference.
Besides, I couldn't finish the endless litany before voting day!
Good luck!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

If you have actually been listening to the words coming out of his mouth, and don't deem them racist, then people pointing it out here isn't going to sway your mind.

Same thing with him being sexist. We would point out what he himself has said. So either you're unfamiliar with what Trump is saying, or you don't care. Which makes me wonder what the actual point of this thread is.

Personally some of the bigger issues for me is his plan to defund Planned Parenthood and appoint people that want to overturn Roe v. Wade and reverse the progress we've made towards LGBT community.
edit on 5-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

How long have you got?

It's not just his character, it's the lying, the cheating, the dog whistling politics, the racism and endorsements from white power organisations like the KKK, the bullying, the non financial disclosure, the bankruptcies, his treatment of anyone he deems lesser than himself (everyone), his disgraceful treatment of veterans, minorities, etc etc etc.

edit on 5-11-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Can anyone here actually give me their point of view on why trump shouldn't be president?

I'll bite.

1# His tax plan and his plan for more trickle down economics. His tax plan favours the wealthy more than the middle and lower classes. Prior to Reaganomics the Middle class was a strong force. After Reaganomics and a series of further tax cuts following (Bush tax cuts) the middle class has been reduced to a fraction of it's former self. Income inequality is at all time highs and yes, Obama continued the Bush tax cuts.

Not to mention, his tax plan would likely run up debt:

the TPC found, Trump's proposals would cut taxes across the board, with massive benefits going to the top 1 and 0.1 percent. His plans would reduce government revenues by as much as $7 trillion in the first 10 years. When it comes to reducing deficits on the revenue side, there is little comparison: Clinton’s proposal would slightly raise revenue, while Trump’s proposal would require massive (and mostly unspecified) cuts to government spending to avoid a record run-up of debt.

www.theatlantic.com...

Funny, I haven't heard him mention what major cuts he would do? Medicaid, Medicare?.

Not to mention, experts say his economic plans will double the debt:
www.thefiscaltimes.com...

He'll spend money on the military like a drunken sailor. Nevermind the fact the military budget has increased by over $1 trillion since 2000.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s U.S. military buildup plan would cost hundreds of billions of dollars - but with no apparent strategy, defense experts from across the political spectrum said on Thursday.

www.reuters.com...

Trump has no real healthcare plan. Only that he'll repeal the ACA and open State borders up?

Nevermind the fact that A) That will be blatantly overstepping state laws, B) Many Healthcare corporations already sell healthcare in multiple states, it's already happening and C) This will do nothing to solve the matter of healthcare corporations setting up unfair 'pre-existing' condition rules and D) that healthcare corporations work with eachother to keep premiums high. Opening borders will not change this.

He has no real plan aside from opening state borders.

Tax cuts? Tax cuts won't solve the healthcare issue. Reagan did tax cuts, Bush did tax cuts, healthcare continues to rise. Healthcare corporations were rising prices well before ACA came about. Trump has no solution. No alternative.

Trump on foreign policy?

I'll let you look that up:
foreignpolicy.com...

Trade wars with other countries, economic sanctions against Mexico? Giving Japan nukes? Oh but he was just joking right? Right.

Then there are his social issues. Abortion, gay marriage. Don't get me started with his proposal to spy on citizens. Invade privacy. Targeting muslims. What the NSA was doing now wasn't enough?

You see there are those of us who have real issues with Trump and the go further than merely his comments and controversial view points. They extend to his policies as well. Trump has no real plan to solve America's problems. He has no substance. Many of his supporters are clueless with what his actual plans are. Many of them are even clueless with what policies Hillary has. It's all about Hillary's emails and make american great again.
edit on 5-11-2016 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Because we love picking at scabs. Pick a new one to cover the same old wound.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
i think what OP means is that there's really nothing Trump can mess up with, 'cause they're all puppets

he's a puppet
she's a puppet
the whole system is an automated thing by now

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

It's not just his character, it's the lying, the cheating, the dog whistling politics, the racism and endorsements from white power organisations like the KKK, the bullying, the non financial disclosure, the bankruptcies, his treatment of anyone he deems lesser than himself (everyone), his disgraceful treatment of veterans, minorities, etc etc etc.

Whilst I have no horse in this race .... I have been following with interest

So Hillary has not been lying

Hillary from what I have gathered is racial when it suits her

Hillary through her corrupt 'foundation' has been taking endorsements from Saudi

and doing arms deals.

I have read that in the past Hillary has bullied rape victims and victims of Bills

philandering ... you could say once a bully always a bully.

I doubt all of Hillarys finiancial dealings are kosher and above board. I doubt if

anyone in their financial bracket or mega corporations are above board in their

money/tax dealings ... Phillip Green, Amazon, Starbucks
to mention a few.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

He's a Billionaire who has no understanding of real peoples lives , he's a mouth first brain second type of person.
As a businessman The Economist has this to say about him.

An analysis of Trump's business career by The Economist in 2016, concludes that his "...performance [from 1985 to 2016] has been mediocre compared with the stock market and property in New York"
en.wikipedia.org...

He still hasn't released his Tax returns , he hasn't outlined how he's going to pay for the pledges he's made or how he's going to make America great again other than jingoistic rhetoric.

Why Trump ?
Trump has layed out his plans and how he's going to achieve them on numerous occasions...That's why Trump has so much support...Why are you being so dishonest???

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Because Trump says mean things and likes women too much. I would rather have a candidate like Hillary that lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies and lies about those lies.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Trump has layed out his plans and how he's going to achieve them on numerous occasions

Perhaps you have a link for the costings of his plans and where he plans to find the money , I don't doubt it will be from the pockets of the poor.

Why are you being so dishonest???

Why am I being dishonest ?

I pay my taxes.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool Hillary released her tax returns and it showed they give 6% of the Clinton Fondation funds to charity when they claim 90%. So does it even matter if he releases his taxes because I didn't see too much of a stink about Hillarys, just a bunch of funny commercials. To be fair, economists say BOTH of their tax plans suck. I do know that as a business owner the taxes are way way way too high and I see why large businesses leave, Hillary wants to increase taxes on businesses,,more of the same non working tax plan, we need to try something else, GO TRUMP.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

and what does any of that have to do with what he plans to do?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

well i haven't heard a single explanation. not one!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

ok hes a sexist. ill admit that. hes not a racist. ive asked "how is trump a racist" to dozens of people and never received a reasonable answer. and i know what hes said. so lets play a little game. you give me an example and ill explain to you how it isnt racist and then you wont reply.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

ohh you mean a litany of things that have nothing to do with his plans for america?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

thank you, you've actually given a reasonable response. ill spend some time with the information you've given me.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
a reply to: namelesss

well i haven't heard a single explanation. not one!

Personally, I think that Trump is exactly what Amerikkka needs!
It HAS to get worse before it gets better.
And since Trump 'won', he is obviously the only one for the position.
*__-

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

ok..... why do you think that taxing the wealthy is a good idea? you realize that people with money are the ones that make the wealth right? rich people already pay astronomical taxes. about 50%..... i dont want them to pay any taxes. when a business has to pay taxes, they dont pay those taxes, they pass them on to the consumer. the price of good goes up and the wages go down. on top of that they have to pay even more to comply with idiotic market regulations. the government shouldnt be able to regulate the market at all. business owners are having to pay thousands of dollars in fees FOR HIRING TOO MANY PEOPLE. that is ridiculous.

and do i have to mention where our taxes go? the government does NOTHING. they are awful at anything they touch. there is no money to be made in solving problems. if you solve a problem you have no reason to exist. all they do it create problems and keep making the problems worse.

we shouldnt have healthcare plans. we should have a country that has wealthy enough citizens and a healthy enough market in which they can afford to pay for their own healthcare.

Then there are his social issues. Abortion, gay marriage. Don't get me started with his proposal to spy on citizens. Invade privacy. Targeting muslims. What the NSA was doing now wasn't enough?

hes not gonna do anything to abortion. hes an old school pussy graber. you think he gives a damn? and his proposal was clearly to spy on people that we think could pose a threat to america. AND WE ABSOLUTELY SHOULD. look at russia. how many terrorist cells have they broke up because they were actually watching them?

you have to understand that he was playing a character. and he actually said exactly this during his 60 minutes interview. hes not gonna touch gay marriage or abortion.

and his foreign policy? syria russia and the EU have reached out to trump to work together already. they are already renegotiating trade deals with canada. like what are you even talking about.

once again im back where i started. im back here with no rational responses to my question. dont just read sh1t. think about sh1t.

top topics

join