It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Ready to Hit Back If Russia Tries to Hack Election

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: neo96

Ok, now I sort of do want to watch it hahaha thanks Neo.

Back to anyone is going to hack our election.

It's US.

Russia just might give us an 'honest, and fair' one if they did.

Regretfully, you're probably right on that count...we are the quintessential shining example of our own worst enemy.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I know right ?

They say they are clearly ready.

Which means they know how to do it.

Which means most likely not the first time.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I know right ?

They say they are clearly ready.

Which means they know how to do it.

Which means most likely not the first time.

Well, that, or they're over-stating their capabilities (something I'm more apt to believe) for effect. Either way its dangerous for more than one reason. Yes, ok if they actually can affect everything they claim that brings a certain set of doom scenarios along with it.

But, in the more immediate, the damage caused by simply saying they can, can actually be far worse because a) it sparks outrage and panic State-side b) if the Russians actually believe it (if it's an overstatement) then some heads are going to roll there and perhaps innocent heads unnecessarily c) even if A & B are nothing, war can still break out over poorly constructed verbiage.
edit on 5-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

I think the hidden gov will attack the electrical grid in america. Its a false flag, watch come election day the electrical grid go down. It will be blamed on russia and a war will start remember an act of cyber terrorism is considered to be an act of war. With the internet down they will say hitlery won the election based off electoral college votes and the popular vote wont be taken into account.

question does anyone know the places they started fixing the electrical grid in case of a massive solar flare it was talked about recently. I bet its for their info-structure to remain up while everyone elses is down.

Wow....you have no idea just how much I'm hoping you're far off base with that one. That would be catastrophic. Sincerely, that simply cannot happen.

Actually it can and cyber warfare is a big thing. Think reactor sites going offline and using back up generators to cool cores if electrical grid goes out so do streetlights and gaspumps. Fires unattented to no phone no news no running water in your house i would advise everyone to stock up on food and water if it happens and maybe invest in a geiger counter while your at it just in case.obviously i would say keep a gun with plenty of ammo to protect your self.

Dude...you're thinking the same thing I am. I just saw your post from earlier, and while I hope that's not what's happening, I'm worried about it.

They've been blocking off entire streets here, right in the middle of rush hour, throwing down road flares and have cops guarding while they are doing something to the power lines. They've been doing this for the past few weeks, but they've got workers out there at night now, too. They're saying it's to update the hardware on the lines...at least that's what they've told the business owners. Having the police out there is very strange too...that is not a common practice in this city.

This has been going here in SoCal as well - EVERYWHERE. I have always thought that there was something going on with it as the work has been widespread throughout Orange County and almost at a frantic pace this past year. They have cut out electricity several times (maybe 5) in the last year, often working through the night with the grid down.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Greggers

Absolutely No Voting Machine in all the 50 States is Connected to the Internet , so How could the Big Bad Ruskies Effect the Outcome of a U.S. Election Unless they Invaded the Country in an act of War ? That is just a Ridiculous Idea....

OH NO YOU ARE WRONG. They are connected but on protected networks. I asked the people in charg eof th emachines and the voting comission. its to allow accurate reporting of races.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Absolutely No Voting Machine in all the 50 States is Connected to the Internet , so How could the Big Bad Ruskies Effect the Outcome of a U.S. Election Unless they Invaded the Country in an act of War ? That is just a Ridiculous Idea....

OH NO YOU ARE WRONG. They are connected but on protected networks. I asked the people in charg eof th emachines and the voting comission. its to allow accurate reporting of races.

Are you sure all of them are? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that some were while other weren't.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Not in the State of New Jersey . Analog Machines and Paper Balloting in some Counties Ensure Secure Vote Tabulation . The Results can be Communicated through the Internet , but Not the Actual Voting Process itself .

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yeah, wouldn't want Putin to stop WW3.... That's just ludicrous.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Not in the State of New Jersey . Analog Machines and Paper Balloting in some Counties Ensure Secure Vote Tabulation . The Results can be Communicated through the Internet , but Not the Actual Voting Process itself .

Though I see what you're saying, those who are in the IT industry likely realize that there is little comfort in even that. If the results can be communicated through the internet, then if they are communicated through the internet subsequently, they can certainly be intercepted altered and sent on their merry way the way anyone wants them to appear at the destination.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
Yeah, wouldn't want Putin to stop WW3.... That's just ludicrous.

I certainly do!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: odd1out

I think the hidden gov will attack the electrical grid in america. Its a false flag, watch come election day the electrical grid go down. It will be blamed on russia and a war will start remember an act of cyber terrorism is considered to be an act of war. With the internet down they will say hitlery won the election based off electoral college votes and the popular vote wont be taken into account.

question does anyone know the places they started fixing the electrical grid in case of a massive solar flare it was talked about recently. I bet its for their info-structure to remain up while everyone elses is down.

Wow....you have no idea just how much I'm hoping you're far off base with that one. That would be catastrophic. Sincerely, that simply cannot happen.

Actually it can and cyber warfare is a big thing. Think reactor sites going offline and using back up generators to cool cores if electrical grid goes out so do streetlights and gaspumps. Fires unattented to no phone no news no running water in your house i would advise everyone to stock up on food and water if it happens and maybe invest in a geiger counter while your at it just in case.obviously i would say keep a gun with plenty of ammo to protect your self.

Dude...you're thinking the same thing I am. I just saw your post from earlier, and while I hope that's not what's happening, I'm worried about it.

They've been blocking off entire streets here, right in the middle of rush hour, throwing down road flares and have cops guarding while they are doing something to the power lines. They've been doing this for the past few weeks, but they've got workers out there at night now, too. They're saying it's to update the hardware on the lines...at least that's what they've told the business owners. Having the police out there is very strange too...that is not a common practice in this city.

This has been going here in SoCal as well - EVERYWHERE. I have always thought that there was something going on with it as the work has been widespread throughout Orange County and almost at a frantic pace this past year. They have cut out electricity several times (maybe 5) in the last year, often working through the night with the grid down.

I just found out from a friend in the Richmond area that they've been doing the same thing, and are also stepping up the pace in the past couple weeks and working at night as well. Your use of the word "frantic" is spot on...it's like they've got a deadline all of a sudden.

I also found out something else pretty disturbing today. In the past sixty days, our water has been cut off without advance notice from our complex four separate times and for 4-6 hours each time, and the explanation has been "routine yearly maintenance checks", each time. The problem is, they've never done this any of the previous years...I have a close neighbor who has lived here for seven years and she's never seen this happen before.

Well, a friend who works for the water company said that they've had to go shut off the water mains to allow the electrical workers to run new lines down there. The gas company also had to be there to shut off the gas lines because it's a public hazard. However, they're leaving all of the old lines up...allegedly for "backup purposes", whatever that means. He said they've been systematically doing this for about six months, all over the city. So now I'm really curious to know wtf it is they're doing out there.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Well, a friend who works for the water company said that they've had to go shut off the water mains to allow the electrical workers to run new lines down there. The gas company also had to be there to shut off the gas lines because it's a public hazard. However, they're leaving all of the old lines up...allegedly for "backup purposes", whatever that means. He said they've been systematically doing this for about six months, all over the city. So now I'm really curious to know wtf it is they're doing out there.

If what your friend says is true, it's for redundant power...line gets cut above ground, gets switched to below ground and vice versa...but it also couldbe anything?!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I am Pretty Sure Votes Cast on Paper Ballots , and those tabulated on Analog Voting Machines must be Physically Delivered , not Transmitted .

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It's not "Ridiculous" at all, back in late 90's I personally saw people hack through electric grids and get into servers/computers. I'm sure the practice has become even more refined since then, in fact, many times they can bypass the firewall hardware all together.

Why don't you Google "Hacking through electrical grids" or "Hacking through power outlets"

I don't believe the Russian's are good enough to pull something as big a election fraud through. The fraud currently is "The Clinton Foundation", this is the fraud we need to investigate fully.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

It's not "Ridiculous" at all, back in late 90's I personally saw people hack through electric grids and get into servers/computers. I'm sure the practice has become even more refined since then, in fact, many times they can bypass the firewall hardware all together.

Why don't you Google "Hacking through electrical grids" or "Hacking through power outlets"

I don't believe the Russian's are good enough to pull something as big a election fraud through. The fraud currently is "The Clinton Foundation", this is the fraud we need to investigate fully.

Yep, anyone who truly WANTS to find a way, with a bit of creativity can achieve their goal.

And honestly, I cant agree more RealTruth, the Clinton Foundation does need to be investigated, if for no other reason, but Abedin's REAL involvement and ties to ISIL...her mother truly truly bothers me. You don't shed that type of formative years influence so easily.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Neither were the computers at the Iranian Natanz nuclear facility, don't remember that airgap doing much to save their centrifuges.

The reality is their is always the possibility of data being compromised at any one of the many steps that the data will pass through in tabulation and transmission. I mean anyone that could gain acsess to a voting machine could do any number of attack vectors to get root on the machine and once you do you own that voting machine. I can think of half a dozen vectors of attack just off the top of my head. For example acsessing the JTAG (Joint Test Action Group) bus would be one of the easiest vectors and you can simply reverse engineer and modify with your code to play havoc. Once you crack the first chances are you can make a system that just needs to interface with a data port and load your malicious code that way and pretty soon you can have many compromised machines.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
rather an odd pickle the country finds itself in.

on one side, trump, supported by putin, nazis and somehow macedonia has, thus far, used the lies fabricated in macedonia and spread by his mentally defective sycophants to ultimately concoct a lie that, if he loses his opponent has rigged the election against him.

on the other side, clinton, supported by political heavyweights like katy perry and, is up there with niels bohr in the boring stakes and, let's say is a little lapse on understanding security has, in the whirlwind of lies perpetuated by the opposition has herself, concocted a lie that if she loses her opponent has rigged the election against her.

awesome.

johnson should pile in claiming aleppo is conspiring against him, and stein, should maybe have got a little more active, someone should have told her an election is about to happen.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sensiblesocceron the other side, clinton, supported by political heavyweights like katy perry and, is up there with niels bohr in the boring stakes and, let's say is a little lapse on understanding security has, in the whirlwind of lies perpetuated by the opposition has herself, concocted a lie that if she loses her opponent has rigged the election against her.

I think you forgot to mention 2 political heavy-hitters for Clinton

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join