It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to treat others

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
We are all humans. This world could be a wonderful place for you and I. Waking up to sunshine and happy thoughts of people being nice to one another is the way of the past.

Did you know just by opening a door for another human puts amazing energy in to this world? Try it and you will see that other person smile at you. You will smile back with a feeling of happiness. You might even get a "thank you."

Have you ever been in traffic trying to turn onto your street and someone lets you in? You give that person a wave of thank you. We all know this feels good.

I believe when you put out good energy into this world more comes back to you.

When I grew up my dad would give the middle finger to other drivers, I one-day asked him how he felt doing that. He said "It feels good." I told him he was being mean. He was mad at me but oh well.

What things have you done to make people feel good?

Thank you for reading.
edit on 4-11-2016 by Jdennis10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Careful with your terminology.. Use words like energy and people will think you're talking about physics. :Rolleyes:

I think this is a common mentality among those who choose to believe there is more to the world than just going through the motions.

I would compare it to karma, but it's really not as "Give and receive" as the concept of karma.

It's honestly as simple as saying "People pick up on your emotions/intent."

You hold the door open for someone, that is a nonverbal assertion showing that you have a respect, and possibly even a concern for people in general despite having personal ties to them or not. Which is a great attribute to convey to others.

I personally go out of my way at times to make sure I treat everyone equally, and with respect.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

I agree with you but some people slam the door in my face. Being positive in live helps heal.
Thank you for your kind reply.

edit on 4-11-2016 by Jdennis10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jdennis10

I try to treat everyone I meet with kindness and respect.

I do find dealing with most people to be exhausting so I can't spend my time with a large group of people or with a person for long periods of time. I am not a 'people' person, but I do the best I can with what I have.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I don't know what I do to make folks feel good specifically but, I try to be cordial and respectful and

I hope that I am radiating positivity daily but, it can be difficult some days. I would say for a lot of folks it can be.

In my opinion one should be giving out to the universe what one hopes to receive. It's feels good to see people smile and be happy and agree that there seems to be a shortage of that these days.

I'm trying to raise good humans, does that count?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Thank you, most people are exhausting. I feel if we can understand humans for humans our would would be brighter.

It is hard because we all make mistakes. Being humble like you goes a long way.

Thank you for this great reply.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Offering courtesy and respect outright comes without merit. It does however make one feel good. When someones line is crossed, it can be very difficult for that courtesy and respect to come back.

I try to offer up a version of professional courtesy at all times, especially on ATS.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yes giving to the universe is a human trait that shows love to the world.

Thank you for adding from the heart.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You are a good person. Thank you Jin. You brought out good energy.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I try to offer up a version of professional courtesy at all times, especially on ATS.

Fascinating point to be said, you can tell a lot about a person by how a person posts. What they put into their posts, their grammar, their terminology, and how one responds to others opinions or criticism.

Similarly in real life situations. It's what you bring to the table.

edit on 4-11-2016 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Indeed.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Honesty and loyalty are important. Two become one. If two people can be honest with one other about lofe, that's probably the biggest way to success.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It's great to see threads like this, we need more.

Very good thread Jdennis10

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Thank you we all need human compassion. You are too kind.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
My general rules are these...

Treat me kindly, and I'll treat you even more kindly. Treat me badly, and I'll treat you worse.

My default level is kindness, whether it deviates from that is completely up to the other person.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jdennis10

Did you know just by opening a door for another human puts amazing energy in to this world? Try it and you will see that other person smile at you. You will smile back with a feeling of happiness. You might even get a "thank you."

Tried that. I opened the door for them but they started screaming WTF i was doing in their home... threatening with cops and all.
edit on 5-11-2016 by Dumbass because: stuff

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The last time I opened a door for a lady, she screamed at me and called the cops.

Then again it was a bathroom door.

And it was a strangers house.

But still.

I opened the door for her!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah and then you make breakfast in bed do you get a thank you?

hell no

it is all about How the F did you get in my house and all

sigh

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

Those are my rules as well.

What comes around goes around.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I tend to go around and coddle everyone I meet.
edit on 5-11-2016 by Lysergic because: ancient aliens

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join