It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My strangest personal experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
When I was about 5 years old we had moved into this house in Caro Michigan. I don't remember much from that age, but i do remember one day that I will never forget, and to this day i have never found an explanation of what i saw.

I was sitting on the couch in the living room watching cartoons. To the left/ front of me was the entrance to the kitchen area and to the right of me was the the hallway that led to the bedrooms.

My mom was in the basement doing laundry I think, or somewhere in the house, and a movement to the right caught my attention. I turned my head and looked and saw what i can only describe as a caravan of small gypsie people, about 1-2 feet tall comming towards me. I ran and his behind the chair next to the couch and peeked out and watched them walk in front of the TV and through to the kitchen. I was screaming for my mom but she didnt come in untill they were gone. I can't remember specific details of what they were though, It seems like they had a mule pulling a cart of some sort, but it could've been one of them pulling it. I can't remember their facial features either. I don't know if they were humanoid or not. But I remember their clothing, having lots of trinkets and stuff, almost nomad looking.

I was NOT dreaming. I dont remember much at all from that age, but Ill never forget that time.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
IMO, these events happen to you at youth by design. To make you throughout your life question the reality that surrounds you. Never get too complacent about your daily ho-hum life because it may change one day and what you saw may be a part of it.

I don't doubt your story because I had my first and so far biggest paranormal ecounter happen at age four. It was a big UFO sighting, perhaps more, but it left me with a permanent impression that our lives are not what they appear to be. More is out there that we are kept in the dark about.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
cool...they say young children can still see fairies (spirit entities), but usually lose the ability as they get older
one of the weirdest things that ever happened to me was when i was at santa rosa junior college (CA) over 20 years ago, and everyone was hurrying between classes to get to their next class, and i was just standing still and a young man, maybe 25 (i was maybe 19) came up to me as if he knew me and started speaking in a language that was totally undistinguishable; it sounded like the strangest noises
then he suddenly looked back over his shoulder and walked quickly off into the crowd!
as i stood there trying to figure out what had happened, a frantic and very, VERY serious looking man can running in my direction--he was obviously looking for the other fellow who had just "spoken" to me! this other upset and serious man also disappeared into the crowd in the general direction the other fellow had gone!!!-----????

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by brygivrob
cool...they say young children can still see fairies (spirit entities), but usually lose the ability as they get older
one of the weirdest things that ever happened to me was when i was at santa rosa junior college (CA) over 20 years ago, and everyone was hurrying between classes to get to their next class, and i was just standing still and a young man, maybe 25 (i was maybe 19) came up to me as if he knew me and started speaking in a language that was totally undistinguishable; it sounded like the strangest noises
then he suddenly looked back over his shoulder and walked quickly off into the crowd!
as i stood there trying to figure out what had happened, a frantic and very, VERY serious looking man can running in my direction--he was obviously looking for the other fellow who had just "spoken" to me! this other upset and serious man also disappeared into the crowd in the general direction the other fellow had gone!!!-----????

Men in Black searching for an alien disguised as a human. He wanted your help! You totally should have put him in the janitors closet. Like ET...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
DesEagle,

There are other members with similar experiences, check out this thread:"I saw a little man run by"

My Grandmother was of Irish descent, and told stories of the "wee people" with some seriousness....she often left them a saucer of milk at the old spring 'house'....(it was an arrangement of rocks of unknown age, that created shelves down into the icy water....) I often hid and watched the saucer, but sadly, I never did get to see any thing!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
WOW! That first story is so close to mine. I almost a dejavu experience reading it. Not the fact that it was outside, just the way he told the story, was weird.

I didn't realize there has been so many of these occurances.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I believe you, seriously I do (I personally have seen ghosts).

With that said, you know what popped into my head? The old "Chuck Wagon" dog food commercial from the '70's.....anybody remember that one? It showed a little bunch of people, with a wagon, running across a kitchen floor (with hungry doggy chasing it and barking). Wow, can't believe I remembered that! Your description sounded just like how this commercial looked.

Well, I hope your experience didn't frighten you too badly and you have remained open to the paranormal. Ever see any others/more?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
theres said to be a set of trees located at a small camp in the backgroads of my town.

ive heard from other people living in small village like towns around those trees tell me that there are small people who come out of them at night.

and these people seem perfectly sane! now i hear about this story! whats the story here!?

could there reallly be small people that are faery like????

ahhhhhhhh!!!!!! lol!!!!! what did i just say hahah.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niki
I believe you, seriously I do (I personally have seen ghosts).

With that said, you know what popped into my head? The old "Chuck Wagon" dog food commercial from the '70's.....anybody remember that one? It showed a little bunch of people, with a wagon, running across a kitchen floor (with hungry doggy chasing it and barking). Wow, can't believe I remembered that! Your description sounded just like how this commercial looked.

Well, I hope your experience didn't frighten you too badly and you have remained open to the paranormal. Ever see any others/more?

LOL I remember that commercial, this was very different

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I think it was actually best said in a work of complete fiction - Beetlejuice.

"The living usually won't see the dead..."

"Won't, or can't?"

"I don't know... it just says 'won't'"

Most people won't see anything paranormal in their adult lives since it doesn't "jive" with the reality they've come to know and trust. Those of us that can see these things are among the lucky ones.

Cherish your experiences, for they tend to reveal more about this world than can be proven with simple science.

top topics

join