It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you voted yet? why wait?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
i was thinking about it today. had the day off and i figured tuesday is going to be insane so why not get it done today.
i expected to be there for a little while but i was checked in and finished voting in less than 5 minutes. it was very nice.
has anyone else voted yet?
i wonder why people wait till the big day to actually get it done because the polling stations will be nuts.
i dont think early voting is allowed in all states.
in my state if i go on tuesday i have to go to a specific place. i could have voted early with an absentee, mail in ballot or by doing what i did which is going to the board of elections.
the machines are getting smaller and smaller.
seemed sturdy though.

either way. have you voted or will you wait?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I will patiently wait to throw my vote away...

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

I will patiently wait to throw my vote away...

i hear ya.
who we voted for is of no concern to me. i just meant it does take time and on the day it will be busy.
wondering who gets it done.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Not yet. Our state doesn't have early voting, and only has mail-in ballots for-limited-cause. Polls open at 7:00 AM and close at 8:00 PM. Never waited more than 25 mins. to vote. Nice time to visit with current and past neighbors, former elementary school bus drivers who kept my kids safe for 8 years, read bulletins on the walls, eavesdrop on people bellyaching, etc., etc. Kind of a nice social event while performing my civic duty. I'm heading to the polls at 10:40. Figure the early birds will be through, and the lunch crowd won't yet be arriving. Easy peasy.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
When your voice cannot be heard, the only rational action is to simply not talk.

I don't vote for national level stuff. And only local/state if there's an issue I feel like chiming in on.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I may have said this somewhere before, but I refuse to vote simply due to an admitted ignorance of what either candidate actually stands for.

I am tempted to go vote for Trump though, if allegations against Hillary are found to be true before voting ends.

Next election I will be sure to make an educated vote, mind you.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm attempting to do the mail-in thing.

Ballot came in the mail while I was out of town, just got back. Need to check deadlines for getting it returned- might not be worth it.

Not interested in national level stuff, since it's pretty obviously rigged to the teeth- congress votes might count...

but we've got two important state level things to vote on this year- including one stupidly written law that will make me a felon within a year if it goes through, and another law that will make me NOT a criminal for something entirely different.

What a world.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
In this particular election, it seems every hour is a brand new revelation about both candidates...vote now and candidate X may come out of the closet as a cannibal or something the following day..then you will be the guy who voted for the cannibal.
edit on 4-11-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

well, imo clinton won't be potus. Not for long, anyway. The "vote" will be rigged and she'll win by a less than 3%, then she'll be impeached or killed or imprisoned- then her... sidekick will be the monkey in the chair.

Doesn't matter who you vote between the two main candidates- so I'll have to find a third party that doesn't make me vomit to claim to support. I feel like the third party votes are actually somewhat counted.
IIRC if a given third party candidate gets over X percentage of votes, they actually get to join the debates in the next cycle?

I don't think we actually had debates this cycle, just a bunch of lies and mud slinging... so it might be really nice to get a third party who actually has political views up there. Someone who might actually have a moral compass, and has legitimate views on how things should be done, rather than just pandering to whatever benefits them personally.

Really don't want to sit down and try and research any of these third party candidates though. I suspect all I'll learn is that none of them are viable human beings, and that there is truly no hope to be had for the existing system.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

have you voted or will you wait?

I did not ealy vote although I imagine I will regret that if we are all still here on Tuesday.
I probably should have.
As far as the presidential election, my vote doesn't matter but, we are electing in the house and city council which I am excited about the council election. The past council has been an embarrassing joke.
The current house member will win the election, of course...he's a shoo in.

I am mainly making the effort for my children. 'Lead by example' and all of that, trying desperately anyway.
*Why wait? Apathy.

edit on 4-11-2016 by TNMockingbird because: forgot the point.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
"have you voted yet? "

No. Not going to.

"why wait?"

Because I like to pretend I don't actually have to go out and choose a new master.

~Cheers~

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I`m going to wait,i`m too impatient to vote early and have to wait days or weeks for the election results. I usually show up at the polls a few hours before they close,that way I only have to wait for a few hours after voting to see the results coming in.

it`s kind of like pulling off a band aid better to do it fast and get it over with.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Keep scrolling.....
edit on 11/4/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
A week or two ago, my 18 year old mumbled "I should break out his window" as we pulled into the convenience store parking lot. I said, "What?". I had no clue what he was grumbling about.

He said, "That guy has a Trump sticker...i should break out his window". Not being serious, obviously. Its the hyperbole of an 18 year old. So i say, "But you don't like any of the candidates....why pick on Trump?"

He said, "It not because he supports Trump. Its because he supports the election. Im against the whole election"

im sitting there, and I didn't know if i should be amused at a joke, or stunned at the clarity of this insight. " Im against the election, too", I think to myself.

Before that moment, I didn't have a way to express my feelings on this whole farce. But I think that now, thanks to my knuckleheaded 18 year old son....i finally have put a finger on it. The bar is at a new low....and it seems to be following a strong downward trend. At the expense of anything resembling real leadership. I won't go into fingerpointing the reasons I see for this....but 90% of it falls squarely on the public in various ways.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So this then?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ah, how interesting.

My 19 year old daughter said similar.

I realized in October that she hadn't registered. Ever. There was so many other things going on it, truly, slipped my mind.

So, I ask her when we should run up there and take care of it (small town). She laughed and said, I'm not voting for any of those morons. Do you think I would?

Well, how do you answer that?
I made remarks about the whole women's right to vote, civic responsibility, etc. to no avail.
She simply refuses to participate in any way.

Some sort of teenage movement, of sorts?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I voted 3 days ago.

top topics

join