It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taco Bell to add 100,000 U.S. jobs by 2022

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Major news coming from Taco Bell.

They have announced they will add 100,000 jobs and some new locations by the year 2022 !!

Looks like college students have something good to look forward to.

Maybe even being able to pay off student loans by the time they retire !!!

Taco Bell to add 100,000 U.S. jobs by 2022

Taco Bell, the Yum Brands Inc. YUM, -0.18% Mexican fast-food chain, said Friday that it plans to add 100,000 new jobs in the U.S. by 2022 and grow to 9,000 locations nationwide. The company launched a new platform earlier this month to attract and retain talent, and offers help for staffers looking to further their education and training programs for those with career goals within the company. Over the next six years, the company aims to reach $15 billion in global sales, according to Taco Bell Chief Executive Brian Niccol. Yum Brands shares are inactive in premarket trading and up 14.5% for the year. The S&P 500 Index SPX, +0.29% is up 2.2% for 2016 so far.

edit on Nov-04-2016 by xuenchen because: MBAbound

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm betting that when the time comes they'll be robots.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I knew Obama wouldnt let us down. /s
Here comes the new taco bell economy.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Reminds me of Demolition Man.

In the future , all restaurants are Taco Bell.

Tell me you know about the 3 sea shells...?

a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Already getting those Hillary jobs I see.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's the cheapest fast food place on the market. Makes sense. Pretty much the only thing holding our economy together is fast food and gas stations. Also cheaper to eat taco bell than cook a decent meal at home.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
damn mexico stealin' our jobs!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Already getting those Hillary jobs I see.

After Hillary removes our borders, Taco Bells will become the official neighborhood hangouts for gangs and drug dealings.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Buy stock in toilet paper. The profits will be explosive.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Man I hope they hire 100,000 people who can read a computer order screen. And 2022? I'm pretty sure robots will be making tacos before then.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Reminds me of Demolition Man.

In the future , all restaurants are Taco Bell.

Tell me you know about the 3 sea shells...?

+10000000000 stars

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Sad part is people will be excited about this..these are entry level jobs that just help people barely keep their heads above water and does very little to spark growth as a country through creating new businesses or markets...

Would prefer to see 10% of those numbers go to people creating new companies...this is great for immigrants and high school kids but not terribly great news for the economy.

I'm quite confident some of those positions will be part time and I would love to see the turnover of positions for register and line cooks in these positions? What good is a job if five people have vacated the position over 6 months..

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Pretty much the only thing holding our economy together is fast food... .

That is an awful reality to live in..

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
I knew Obama wouldnt let us down. /s
Here comes the new taco bell economy.

The new economy, the fast food edition.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

The truth is it's Military Science, but that's even more dismal.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Good God, just what we need more fast food...if that isnt a sign of the times I dont know what is....disgusting excuse for food

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Dreams from my father indeed...

My dad always dreamt I would make it up that hill...to Taco Bell...

Thanks Obama...

Somewhere in Kenya a chihuahua will be sacrificed for this joyous news...

-Chris

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I'm glad to see junk food diversify away from burger & fries. I'd like to see more buffet asian like Panda Express, and a fast food Italian place specializing in something like fettuccine. Taco Bell tacos are mostly just junk food because of their ingredient sources. With a little more diversity we could be eating actual food even from a fast food place.

Disclaimer: I like both KFC and Taco Bell. KFC is almost food, Taco Bell is junk food.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Man I hope they hire 100,000 people who can read a computer order screen. And 2022? I'm pretty sure robots will be making tacos before then.

That's the big problem here. We're really talking about two different groups of people.

1. The liberally educated who can't find "good" jobs. These are the English majors, fine arts majors, poli sci and all sorts of soft majors, guys who can't hack advanced math, and even some hard science majors. They chose not to study in those fields such as engineering where the good jobs are and are shocked when they graduate to no jobs. It's an issue, yes, but what exactly are they qualified to do? They could even have gone into education where there is a demand for teachers everywhere. Or how about nursing? Good salaries prevail and there always seem to be jobs. But anthropology? Not so much. Still, a large number of otherwise intelligent and educated people, albeit in the wrong fields, vying for minimum wage jobs is an issue. Granted.

2. Un-educated people needing jobs, too, and competing with the first group. They can't write; they can't speak well. Many of them are not that intelligent. In times past they maybe could have gotten jobs in industry. Insofar as GM needs assembly plant workers, they would be good at them, be able to earn a decent wage. In an agrarian economy they could have worked on the farm. In an industrial economy they could have worked in the factories. But both those are gone now, and not only that, robots can do the jobs.

It's not that ANY of these people are not worthy of being treated well. They all are. But what has been our response? To create a welfare state. We spend a trillion dollars a year on it, more than on defense. Here's what we've done:

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are walking down the street and see a homeless person. Trump tells the person, "Here's $20. Come to my office about a job in the morning." Hillary Clinton walks up to the person, takes $20 from Donald's pocket, keeps $15 for "administrative expenses," gives $5 to the person and gives him directions to the welfare office. It's a fundamental difference in approach. Which one promotes independence and self reliance and which one promotes dependency?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ideologically challenged need not apply.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join