It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Liberal on Conservative Firing? Student Fired From Newspaper For using ‘illegal alien’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I fall on the side that the rules are slanted to one side, toward the liberal side. He is a conservative and wanted to use perfectly exceptable words, undocumented, and illegal alien.

He was a jerk, but at some point he must have felt it was time to push harder and got canned. That's the way it goes. I admire the stick to his guns attitude. And they hired a replacement, time will tell if there will be a repeat firing, and there will be if he doesn't do what he is told.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

In fact it seems like the editing department didn't even have much of a problem with his words. They'd just change the unacceptable ones to the acceptable ones and move on with their day.

Ummm, generally speaking as an editor, when I change a clients words to other words, it was very much BECAUSE there was a problem with the words they used for some reason or other.

It is a bit disingenuous of you to claim there wasn't any problem with his words and then say they just changed them to "acceptable" ones. That's a contradiction of your own words in two sentences, and if I was your editor ... I would have a problem with your words and change them generally to try to keep you from looking silly.

edit on 4-11-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join