It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US hostage in Iraq is shown on video, asks Arab leaders for help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
A new video shows a US hostage in Iraq named Roy Hallams. He says that he has been captured by a resistance group and says that his life is in danger. Mr. Hallams asks for help from Arab leaders like Libyan President Muammar Gaddafi. He also asks for help from his family as his health is in a "very bad situation” As he speaks, a gun is held only inches from his head.

Reuters
On the tape, the man speaks clearly but nervously and repeatedly tenses his fists. Not saying when or where he was seized, he says he wants help from Arab leaders but not from President Bush.

"I'm not asking for any help from President Bush because I know of his selfishness and unconcern to those who've been pushed into this hellhole," he says.

"I am asking for help from Arab rulers, especially (Libyan) President Muammar Gaddafi, because he is known for helping those who are suffering. I am also asking Arab leaders to help me in this situation so that I can be released as quickly as possible from this definite death.

"I would remember this favor for the rest of my life, should my life remain.

Link to video: Reuters: Roy Hallams hostage video (Streaming Media)

The man in this video appeared to be very scared and seemed to just be saying whatever the insurgents wanted him to say.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

as posted by AceOfBase
The man in this video appeared to be very scared and seemed to just be saying whatever the insurgents wanted him to say.

Duh!?

I hope I am wrong on this, but based on the track record of these people and those Americans that have been captured by such like type groups in Iraq, the guy is a dead man. Virtually any and all Americans that have been captured have been killed. It is obvious why this man appears to be very scared and will say whatever they tell him to say. But hey, lets not concentrate on what they are doing thats considered inhumane, etc., but the "abuses" that mainly the U.S., as well as, the UK, etc., are doing.....

seekerof

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by AceOfBase

Duh!?

I hope I am wrong on this, but based on the track record of these people and those Americans that have been captured by such like type groups in Iraq, the guy is a dead man. Virtually any and all Americans that have been captured have been killed. It is obvious why this man appears to be very scared and will say whatever they tell him to say. But hey, lets not concentrate on what they are doing thats considered inhumane, etc., but the "abuses" that mainly the U.S., as well as, the UK, etc., are doing.....

seekerof

Iraqi forces accused of torturing detainees
news.ft.com...

"Iraqi security forces stand accused by a leading international human rights organisation of committing systematic torture against detainees, raising alarm over the conduct of Iraq's post-war interim government less than a week before the country's first democratic elections..."

Its not just Americans and Britts Seeker....Its Iraqi's too. And just about everybody else in the country.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Something is wrong with this picture and story. He was captured on Nov 1st. It has been 3 months (almost) and this video is just now being released?

He is obviously in fear. But something smells.............

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Something is wrong with this picture and story. He was captured on Nov 1st. It has been 3 months (almost) and this video is just now being released?

He is obviously in fear. But something smells.............

I agree. Either he is long dead or he is in cahoots with them. Whatever it is, something is up.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Who gets "pushed into this hellhole"? Other than the troops, I'd say it is a choice to be in Iraq now. I'd like to know more about why he is there.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

as posted by AceOfBase

Duh!?

I hope I am wrong on this, but based on the track record of these people and those Americans that have been captured by such like type groups in Iraq, the guy is a dead man.

Of course he is. As if Qudafi or the other arab leaders are the least bit concerned about him, or in any position to do anything about it.

Virtually any and all Americans that have been captured have been killed.

Practically everyone thats been captured has been shot and hacked t death, including numerous turks working in the region. What, three people have been let go? Two women for a million dollar ransom and a bishop?

It is obvious why this man appears to be very scared and will say whatever they tell him to say.

I have to wonder if anyone ever resists saying this stuff. They have to know that they're dead anyway, at least some of the hostages.

But something smells.............

Probably his dead body. If they caught him in nov and released a tape now, why think he is still alive?

Tho, perhaps there is more organization to these kidnappings, and they hold on to people for a long while, carting them out to go through the drama and sideshow and keep the pressure constantly up, even if, say, they haven't captured anyone in a while. That way, even if, say, most european/american aid workers evacuate, they still have a reserve pool of people to publically execute.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
An updated story from Reuters said that four of the people who were captured at the same time he was have since been released.

Reuters
It is the first tape to emerge of Hallums since he and his colleague were kidnapped on Nov. 1, 2004. Four of those have since been freed, while the whereabouts of a Filipino remain unknown. All worked for a Saudi Arabian food contracting firm.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
So let me see then AceOfBase, you posted an article to a kidnapping, showing an American hostage and in a same-day follow-up, you have found that they were released? Ironic or redundant?

seekerof

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Of course he is. As if Qudafi or the other arab leaders are the least bit concerned about him, or in any position to do anything about it.

Actually, it would be a propaganda bonanza if an Arab leader like Wacky Qudafi was able to help this man. I wouldnt be suprised if he was all over it.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

So let me see then AceOfBase, you posted an article to a kidnapping, showing an American hostage and in a same-day follow-up, you have found that they were released?

Sorry if the text I quoted made it seem that way.
He is still a hostage but four of the other men who were with him have since been released.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Nygdan-only about 1/3 of the foreign hostages taken in Iraq have been executed. The rest have either been released or rescued.

Given how different this insurgent video is to the Nick Berg & Ken Bigsby tapes, and the pointed positive reference to Gadhaffi (Considered a heretic worthy of a slow beheading by Jihadists), I'm guessing he is being held by either Saddam Loyalists or Arab Nationalists.

This guy might have a chance of being set free.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Who gets "pushed into this hellhole"? Other than the troops, I'd say it is a choice to be in Iraq now. I'd like to know more about why he is there.

Why else? There's money to be made there is you manage you stay alive.

Not for all the tea in China, I say...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
1979 if I got it correct. Students of Iran took hostages from the American Abassy.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I wouldnt be suprised if he was all over it.

Qaddafi seems to be interested in toe-ing the line right now.

-only about 1/3 of the foreign hostages taken in Iraq have been executed

I had gotten the impression that it was a much lower numer released, mea culpa

I'm guessing he is being held by either Saddam Loyalists or Arab Nationalists

Or perhaps jihadis trying to make pan-arabists look weak no?

new topics

top topics

join