It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Found Out My Mom Has Stage 1 Cervical Cancer...Advice Would Help :(

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan
My wife had that. They did a leep on her cervix and she has been clean for almost 20 years now. Good luck man.

FYI for those interested, LEEP stands for Loop Electrical Excision Procedure. Luckily, cervical cancer in countries with modern medicine is caught early most of the time, and the LEEP procedure is often all that is needed. It's very routine and very effective. They'll typically then monitor more often than the annual exam. It's rare for this cancer to grow beyond what a simple excision can take care of.

In the "developing world", however, it is the #1 killer of women, because they don't have routine Gyn exams and it grows and spreads unfettered and undetected. There are several organizations, doctors and medical students saving lives by the tens of thousands in the developing world through cervical cancer "see and treat" programs. Really excellent, worthwhile work they're doing.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This question come up a lot, and I usually post a long in depth suggestion that never gets read. So I will give you the highlights, and I hope it helps.

1. Your body can use ketones or glucose for energy. Cancer cells can only use glucose.
2. Your liver can convert protein/carbohydrates to glucose, and it converts fat into ketones
3. Your body can go into a metabolic state known as ketosis which means it has become fat adapted and starts to prefer fat as a fuel source.
4. By following a ketogenic diet you can induce ketosis and starve the cancer cells.
5. Cancer cells have more glucose receptors than normal cells, so they typically win the fight for resources and normal cells get starved on a typical diet.
6. Following a ketogenic diet all the ketones go to healthy cells and cancer cell growth is inhibited by lack of glucose.

It is important to note that this does not completely starve out the cancer. Your body does have a small portion of the brain that requires glucose to function, and so your body will always maintain 4mmol/L of glucose at a minimum, even during starvation. So this is why it is typically used in combination with conventional therapies.

There is also one extremely rare form of cancer, where a cell responsible for converting protein to glucose becomes cancerous. In this specific case a ketogenic diet could be lethal.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom.

No cancer is good or an easy thing to go through but with that being said, cervical cancer is one of the most curable cancers that women can get. The survival rate of stage one is over 90%!

My mom had cervical cancer when she was pregnant with me and she received treatment a few months after I was born. 28 years later she is still cancer free.

I'm sending good thoughts and energy your way. Be strong! You can help see your mom through this

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have done a lot of research, and believe that chemo and radiation do not have very good survival statistics in the long run. They may stop it short term, but it always comes back. Please look into the Budwig protocol, developed by Dr. Johanna Budwig in Germany in the 1950's. She had an 85% success rate then, and the patients weren't cherry picked either. It's a pretty simple lifestyle, all natural, and based in sound science (she was a PhD chemist and later got her MD). She did a lot of research into oils and how your body assimilates them and what it needs to function well. In a nutshell it is an alkalizing diet, organic, adding cottage cheese and flax oil. Statistics show that all cancer patients have a low pH, so alkalizing is important. Organic is a must because of all the toxic chemicals in our food supply (which just happen to coincide with rising cancer levels). The cottage cheese and flax oil is her contribution with the work she did in oils and body chemistry. It's worth a try, it certainly can't hurt her, and from what I've read, if I ever get cancer, that's what I'm doing to do. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnaBecker

I've read the same thing about the alkaline diet. Not sure what to make of it, but it's interesting. I remember reading about the baking soda cures, but I think it has to be more complex than that. Like you said changing lifestyle/diet is the place to start.

I'm a big believer in sugar being the main culprit behind modern diseases, including cancer. Which is eventually how I found out about ketosis. It's a pretty fascinating metabolic state you can put your body into, and I've done it myself a few times. The greatest thing about ketogenic diets is that there is several decades worth of research because it has been used for treating epilepsy in children for a long time. It's pretty controversial as a lifelong diet plan, but there is loads of legitimate science behind its uses in medicine and treatment of disease.
edit on 9-2-2017 by centrifugal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join