It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

WTF is This? - Podesta and "Spirit Cooking"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: ketsuko

According to what I found the models posed however they liked. The age of the model in the cropped nude is unknown.

I don't think ATS would allow it even if she was an adult at the time the picture was taken.

And that is why I wouldn't post the whole image.

There is some stuff that is clearly art. Botticelli's Birth of Venus. Michelangelo's David. Many of the paintings of Rubens.

But then there is stuff like this picture and the others in the series that just don't feel right.

I mean, if her style is documentarian, shouldn't I feel like I'm looking at a National Geographic photo and not something I shouldn't be seeing which is how these photos of hers made he feel?

Its the presentation and intent of the artist when they use a prepubescent looking model. Those who enjoy that particular visual image are attracted to that. Any adult person shouldnt see sex object when looking at a nude childs photo.. or a model chosen solely because of her childlike look. KWIM jellybean?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

And that was entirely my point. Grannan has a series of photos that use teenage girls like the one I took part of. She gets away with it because of her style (documentarian), but it's borderline stuff. That girl is hardly the only one and not the most explicitly posed.

I wasn't trying to call you out, the topic just gets me impassioned.

It's sad, but 'art' today centers around its 'shock factor' and not the skill required to produce it. That mindset only produces more and more deviant ethics until boundaries are so blurred that society crumbles as there are no social standards that the populace can agree on.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

My original point is that people have freedom of religion. You say you are not arguing against that, you are just arguing against satanists. If that makes sense to you then OK.

Going on that, I posted that what is going on is even more petty. Actually your accusing people who are not even involved, of devil worshipping, and even those involved might not be but...

You might not be talking exclusion but kill, hang and burn seem to have been used in the thread, maybe not all those terms and certainly not by all involved but, maybe you should only speak for yourself.

I don't just post with only the person who I'm replying to in mind. Sometimes I just need to drive my point forward.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I don't know how you can blame the photographer for your feelings. A lot of the pics that come up when googling the photographer are pretty odd and maybe quirky but most have nothing sexual about them.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I don't know how you can blame the photographer for your feelings. A lot of the pics that come up when googling the photographer are pretty odd and maybe quirky but most have nothing sexual about them.

Art is intended to provoke a response in the viewer. If I am feeling something, then the art is doing it's job. That I feel squicky looking at that series of photos makes me question what the artist's intended message with it is.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I don't know how you can blame the photographer for your feelings.

What does his 'feelings' have to do with what the photographer captured?

Please, explain what the artistic value is when photographing a 'teenager nude in her suburban home'.

If the photographer was trying to capture the beauty of the human body, why was age a factor? If it was a factor, why was she trying to capture teenagers in their parents home?

Why not an 80 year old woman in a old folks home?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

I think advantage explained it well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like I posted earlier, it was supposed to be the models call. There do seem to be quite a few pics of older, not conventionally sexy people in the photographers work.
edit on 4-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

What you feel is all your own. I don't feel squicky when looking at the full version of the cropped pic posted before. I actually think it is a bit boring and don't really feel anything.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

a reply to: ghostrager

I think advantage explained it well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like I posted earlier, it was supposed to be the models call. There do seem to be quite a few pics of older, not conventionally sexy people in the photographers work.

And we aren't discussing them.

We are discussing the ones who look a bit young to be posing nude. There are also several of those. It calls to mind those early Miley Cyrus photos where she's nude and holding a sheet up while she was toward the end of her Hannah Montana career. Those were also creepy.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And we aren't discussing them.

I do believe that I was replying to ghostrager and they were actually asking about that.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This is getting really weird.
edit on 5-11-2016 by 0neEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Something else Podesta:
People got a shock when doing a tour of his house.
twitter

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Eugh...this woman is pretty disgusting.

Not much more to be said than that. I'm assuming this is meant to be 'arty', like Damien Hirts cow cut in half or Tracy Emins unmade bed.

Long gone is any notion that art requires some modicom of talent...more about shock. you don't need talent to be an artist, you just need to be controversial and pretentious.

What she's paintng on that wall with what I assume to be blood is the ramblings of a 13 year old goth who thinks they're being deep and creepy, but really it's pretty pathetic and meningless.

Oooooh..blood, cut your middle finger, eat the pain! Scary!

The woman's a retard.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
You know what, people don't half talk some crap about art, it's meaning, it's intended meaning.

Art is what you make it as an individual - forget whatt he artist is 'trying' to do or 'make' you feel, nobody 'makes' anyone feel anything.

Everyone will feel differently about it. To me art is something that takes your breath away, it's something you can't stop looking at and can't quite pinpoint why.

To me, real art is pleasing to the eye...if something makes me feel sick or disgusted then it's not art, it's morbid, disguting pretensious crap with no value other than an attempt to attract attention be it negative or otherwise.

I don't think Michaelangelo painted the ceiling in the sistine chapel hoping to confuse and shock people. It's value is obvious to anyone with half an eye. What passes as art in the modern day is nothing more than an insult.

Herge was an artist, Damien Hirst is an over-valued, self-congratulating idiot with no talent. He recently designed a building nd it won awards...have you seen it? It looks like a factory from the 70's.

These people are frauds, usually the fdlks claiming their work to be 'masterpieces' are elitist fools with neither a hand nor eye for 'art'

No creative abilities - Bill Waterson, Charlez Shultz, Frank Miller are artists...these idiots painting in blood and sawing cows in half are so far away from creative it isnt even funny.

This is the sort of junk I'd expect the likes of PeterSutcliffe to produce.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
aren't they pretty obviously joking about one of her pieces? just like, you know, old friends?

the whole thing seems like a far reach to me. i mean, the fact that marina herself said the ritual could be performed with faith when in intimate context doesn't mean she does it. in the video she seems pretty worked up on getting a project the way she picture and nothing else.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LockedUp2Morrow
aren't they pretty obviously joking about one of her pieces? just like, you know, old friends?

the whole thing seems like a far reach to me. i mean, the fact that marina herself said the ritual could be performed with faith when in intimate context doesn't mean she does it. in the video she seems pretty worked up on getting a project the way she picture and nothing else.

This news has made me look back at a lot of comments form the past. I think people know about this and have been trying to tell us without sounding like they are completely crazy. Remember Ben Carson at the RNC? He actually told us about Saul Allinsky and Hillary and the book dedicated to Lucifer. He did not go as far as to say Hillary is a devil worshipper, but he intimated it as best as he could. Then you have people who have been close to the Clintons telling us that she attends some weird witchcraft meeting every month in California.

Now we have a leak which were never meant to see about Hillary's top campaign people attending private parties of a sicko who performs pagan rituals.

I then look at the very real debasement of society over the last few decades and can see it being driven by cultural institutions (like Hollywood and the music industry) poisoning people's minds with sex (getting more extreme year by year).

Makes me think that whatever ideology at the top of society that is driving culture is not a moral one.
edit on 5/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I really wish people would stop projecting and attributing artistic quilities and merits to this crap...trying to get it how she visualises it - a project, a piece....it's none of those things.

When you look at something like the Mona Lisa do you think... "I could do that"?

When an artist does something that's worth any merit it should be something that few of us could do or even contemplate. I'm sorry but any fool can write on a wall with blood, pointless, idiotic ramblings that are supposedly thought provoking.

I mean - even the style of her 'writing' is utter tosh, her hand resembes that of a pre-pubescent child as does the actual content or message it is trying to convey.

Don't attribute any qualities to this junk, it's beyond crap. I don't mind crap 'art' if it's not filthy but this is. This woman is truly vile.

I could do that right now if I'd a bucket of blood and a brush - in fact I reckon I could better it. As for coming up with the concept...like nobody has ever scribbled some incoherent, dark, creepy crap in blood before.

It's so contrived and stupid it doesn't deserve to be discussed in such a way as to bestow it with some merit. I draw comics and charicatures, ilustrations. I spent my childhood reading books and comics, and worked hard to develop skills and I've made some pocket change over the years from it.

It's never about shock or controversy....I don't call myself an artist because I ain't in that league. And I'm not one for blowing smoke up my own backside...but compared to her I'm quite talented, do I resent clowns like this producing utter junk and being held in high regard for it, you are damn right I do.

The last proper, modern work of art I can recall is Arham Asylum and the killing joke. I got lost in the imagery and there was a level of soul and depth this clown wouldn't even grasp let alone compete with...and those are comic books.

Says it all.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ThreeDots yeah but art doesn't go by your standards, unfortunately

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LockedUp2Morrow

What standards does it go by?

Does her work inspire you in any way? It does inspire me, but in a quite negative way, I'd like to scribble nonsense on a wall with her blood.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join