It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

When are the people who destroyed USA manufacturing going to FINALLY pay some price for it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
FACT: The Clinton's NAFTA agenda devastated USA Manufacturing.

Hillary has been claiming she wasn't involved in it, yet we have the videos to prove she's LYING (while we already knew Bill was anyways).

FACT: Now they're back at it again with an globally expanded "TPP" iteration of it.

Hillary has been claiming that shes changed her previous position and now doesn't support it, but we ave the emails now to prove she's LYING (as if we all didn't already know she, Obama & Soros aren't all in for it anyways).

There's an old saying that 'Insanity repeating the same things over and over again and expecting different results each time'.

The full scale societal implications that have come bout as a result; all the destroyed dreams & families; opportunities (especially for minorities), is beyond comprehension. I argue not even the most brilliant mind alive could fully contemplate all of the intricacies; the suffering (especially not no psychopath like the Clinton's on this point).

It'd be something on par with trying to fully comprehend the entirely of the perpetual nuclear within the Sun; all of the planets in the Milky Way; etc.

We can take little snapshots of it though...

Here is what they (in a large part) did to Detroit:

And these are 'nice' video examples.

Youtube "detroit vacant houses" has "About 17,900 results". Have fun with all that.

Don't forget Chicago will be the New Detroit sooner than later at their rate.
edit on 3-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

When are the people who destroyed USA manufacturing going to FINALLY pay some price for it?
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The short answer is... NEVER.
"They" have already gotten away with it.

I have some recollections of "them" saying (paraphrase)... "While manufacturing jobs are leaving we are going to replace them by providing training for high-skilled technical jobs."

Then what happened? Look at what's happening now. Decent paying IT jobs are being either outsourced directly or people are being forced to train H1B visa replacements...... You WILL train them to replace you or you will NOT get your severence package

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Hopefully some of the people responsible for this will pay the price before the November 8th election.

If not, God help us all.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I hear ya guys.

Vote for Hillary and maybe you can have $100 houses in your city too!

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Is the American consumer also going to step up and take responsibility?

Until consumers demand goods be made in America and be willing to pay extra for that privilege, companies are going to seek ways to lower their cost of operations.

The same people complaining are the first ones to run to Wal-Mart or Amazon so they can save a few bucks.

You cannot have it both ways.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I really wish I could take a large group of you back there, just for couple of days, so you experience it first hand.
On a side note, most of the steam locomotives went out in 58 and notice all the new Cadillacs in the traffic.

Buck

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

From a Metro Detroit'ers perspective, what does China have to do with the bulk of Detroit Manufacturing? Not much. But I'll bet Metro Detroit'ers are far more concerned with that same trend you're talking about there, than are most of Americans.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

"While manufacturing jobs are leaving we are going to replace them by providing training for high-skilled technical jobs."

Translated - We will Retrain American Workers to Learn how to Change the Oil in a McDonald's French Fry Machine , and Say " Have a Nice Day " with a Big Fake Smile on their Face ...

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Dont like lots of neighbors? Vote Hillary and maybe yours will clear out too!

Intense Before-and-After Google Street View Pictures Perfectly Capture Detroit's Decline

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Until consumers demand goods be made in America and be willing to pay extra for that privilege, companies are going to seek ways to lower their cost of operations.

The same people complaining are the first ones to run to Wal-Mart or Amazon so they can save a few bucks.

Part of me wants to yell and scream at you... but... you aren't completely wrong. You aren't COMPLETELY wrong but you are PARTIALLY wrong.

There are those of us out here that have ALWAYS supported the Mom-and-Pop shops. Until they closed down a few years ago, I would ALWAYS go to the local hardware store for supplies, tools, materials even though I was spending a bit more than I would at home depot (and despite the fact that I really could stand to spend less because I wasn't exactly making a lot).

Although my wife and I (and now our son) have come a long way... Exactly what is it you want people to do? Should people dress their kids in rags rather than purchase clothing at Walmart or Target? Do you think "rich" people shop at those stores?

I can only encourage you to not look at the end result of Walmart/Home Depot shoppers but how it got this way.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Part of me wants to yell and scream at you... but... you aren't completely wrong. You aren't COMPLETELY wrong but you are PARTIALLY wrong.

There are those of us out here that have ALWAYS supported the Mom-and-Pop shops. Until they closed down a few years ago, I would ALWAYS go to the local hardware store for supplies, tools, materials even though I was spending a bit more than I would at home depot (and despite the fact that I really could stand to spend less because I wasn't exactly making a lot).

Although my wife and I (and now our son) have come a long way... Exactly what is it you want people to do? Should people dress their kids in rags rather than purchase clothing at Walmart or Target? Do you think "rich" people shop at those stores?

I can only encourage you to not look at the end result of Walmart/Home Depot shoppers but how it got this way.

It is the high cost of low prices.

Consumers want low prices and that is often the metric they use when choosing a business to patronize. This is the reality. Good service and value only go so far. So when consumers are making a choice, businesses have to respond accordingly so they can remain profitable and stay in business.

Consumers are just as guilty as big business and the globalist.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hate getting stuck at red lights all the time? Vote Hillary and maybe you can run all of yours too!

Red Means Yield

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

When there's nothing but China crap at the stores what is anybody to do?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Are you an actual Vampire? Vote Hillary and maybe all of your city's streetlights will burn out too!

‘In Between Detroit’s Failing Streetlights’ Is A Sobering Look At A City Struggling In The Dark (PHOTOS)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

FACT: NAFTA was passed through a bipartisan effort with more Republicans voting for it than Democrats. It passed 234-200 in the House of Representatives. 132 Republicans & 102 Democrats voted for it, while 156 Democrats & 43 Republicans voted against it (HERE). And it passed 61-38 in the Senate, with 34 Republicans & 27 Democrats voting for it. 28 Democrats and 10 Republicans voted against it (HERE).

So in total, 166 Congressional Republicans voted for it compared to the 129 Congressional Democrats who voted for it. And 184 Congressional Democrats voted against it, with a measly 53 Congressional Republicans voting against it. The whole reason that many Democrats attack Clinton for NAFTA is because he defied the Democratic Party's majority & refused to veto it. But make no mistake, the Republican Party negotiated NAFTA under Pres Bush and strongly supported its passage, with a whopping 71% of Congressional Republicans voting for it.

And it's funny that you're trying to blame the TPP on Democrats when the Republican Party has supported it from the beginning, too. They've only started distancing themselves from it this summer because they don't want gullible voters to associate them with "Hillary & Obama's" trade deal. Once the elections are over, they'll go right back to supporting it.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

No. The problem is the high level politicians that sell us out for under the table money

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Well whoever those people that voted for it are, lets take their names, see who's still in DC, and weed them out.

That could take a while, but in the meantime we know that we should start at the top. On big stuff like this it often starts at the top:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You're turning this into a Democrat v. Republican thing, in my regards. You should know by now I'm neither, I would think.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Do you love Post-Apocalyptic Films? Vote Hillary and maybe your city will turn into an de facto war zone too!

edit on 4-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

The links in my post show everyone's votes.

And no, I'm not making this a "Democrat v. Republican" issue. I'm pointing out that the passage & implementation of NAFTA has been a "Democrat + Republican" issue from the beginning. You're the one who stated that NAFTA is a Clinton agenda, even though the Republicans negotiated it, voted overwhelmingly to pass it, and never voted to repeal it even though they've controlled Congress through the majority of Bush and Obama's times in power. Putting that solely on Clinton is preposterous.

For what it's worth, I'm neither a Dem nor a Repub.
edit on 4-11-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join