It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wins Mock Election At An Ementary School then Election Is Cancelled-Negative Comments

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That's why I said that if it were true the kids were flipping out like that, it was a perfect opportunity for the teachers to actually educate the kids on all of these issues, especially inter-personal relations, patience, allowing others a chance to speak, being respectful, etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Thank you for all of that.

I hope to see your thread soon!
Good work.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Hey I just found it. You might have to listen a minute, but it is here! Alright thanks. Hey do you know how many characters per post maximum? It will be entitled "Trump's Policies" I believe.

youtu.be...
edit on 3-11-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Nicely said

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Hey I just found it. You might have to listen a minute, but it is here! Alright thanks. Hey do you know how many characters per post maximum? It will be entitled "Trump's Policies" I believe.

youtu.be...

It used to say how many characters, but I'm not sure it does anymore.

If it stops you just copy paste the second portion into a followup post.
If it's really long than break it into several posts beforehand.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The immigration policy alone is between 550-600 words and I hope that the rest will be at least 200. I'll find a way to divide it though. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Pretty much my thoughts too. We had class elections for this and that back in the day too. Miss popular vs nerdy guy in glasses. All kinds of school yard drama. But you get a little feel for politics on a smaller dimension in the end. Parental bias is apparent in many a child's choices, whether voluntary or not.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cprnicus

Parental bias is apparent in many a child's choices, whether voluntary or not.

That assumes that there was some sort of name calling or "we don't want Muslims here".

I think the election was cancelled because Trump won and didn't fit into the message the teachers wanted.

The story doesn't say if anyone was disciplined as a result of the unsavory statements, nor does it say that the parents were contacted to help correct the issue that is so important that the administration cancelled the vote.

Something doesn't sound right.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
BroHam, this actually is a racially insensitive question. You assume I won't recognize the -fill in the blank minority-, so you insert one you think is more important.

Anyone calling a religion a race (muslim, christian, etc) has lost the debate before it even began

They are young and need to see people are different and that's OK, and your opinion is as valid as everyone else's but be respectful.

they are elementary school kids...barely older than toddlers.
Imagine if you were a teacher and half the class started going on about how Tommy was a retard. you wouldn't try to lecture the class on why its not nice to say mean things..you cancel activities that lead to that, and maybe add a few detentions in the mix for good measure.
Then you make Tommy class president and let him decide who gets to go to recess for the next month.

once they hit jr high/high school, they may have enough intellectual fortitude to consider different viewpoints, lifestyles, etc..but in elementary school, they only react to action/consequence. (I was a elementary school bully..until I lost recess for it for a week. that was enough)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

That's why I said that if it were true the kids were flipping out like that, it was a perfect opportunity for the teachers to actually educate the kids on all of these issues, especially inter-personal relations, patience, allowing others a chance to speak, being respectful, etc.
all of which is lost on the average elementary school kid. action and consequence is what you teach someone until they gain a bit more empathy for other peoples feelings.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I have elementary school kids, and they are not mindless robots with out empathy.

It is November in Michigan and the deer are hanging, and for the the kids it is odd to see a dead deer. But I explain why I killed the deer and why we should be grateful. They get it and helped with the processing.

Now there are the 3-6% in any crowd that are out of control jerks. They can't be talked to or reasoned with, and yes detention (do they do detention is elementary?) and fun stuff taken away is the only way, and sometimes that won't work.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Alien Abduct

Here you go sir/madame. "Finally we will be united, all races." "The Mexican people are amazing."

Very, very hateful.

I take these from a rally a month or two ago in Wisconsin.

Time of the Mexican comment: youtu.be...

I would like to edit again for the united quote.
youtu.be... Listen a minute.

The Mexican people are amazing? Haha haha! How is that hateful?

All races unite? Haha haha! How is that hateful?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Ha!

I sweat, "Poutine"

Why say something like that, now i have to like you again.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Well, that's the point. He isn't.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Well, that's the point. He isn't.

Oh

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: seasonal

Trump's hateful rhetoric is being repeated by children. It is sad.

Reldra, I asked you a few days ago to please provide links and quotes where you claimed Mr Trump spread his supposed "hateful rhetoric", yet you have not responded?

I shouldn't have thought as much of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join