It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wins Mock Election At An Ementary School then Election Is Cancelled-Negative Comments

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

A New York elementary school has canceled its traditional mock presidential election after kids chanted “Trump” and repeated “negative rhetoric about minorities,” according to the school principal.

Children at Jericho Elementary School in Centereach will be voting for their favorite school lunch instead of their favorite presidential candidate after their mock campaign season got too heated.

“Some people were getting angry because some people like Trump and some people like Clinton,” fifth-grader Miranda Waters told a local ABC News affiliate. “Some people think Clinton’s not good. Some think Trump’s not good. So there’s a lot of arguments going on, and I don’t like that.”

School officials decided to cancel the mock election to prevent minority students “from feeling uncomfortable,” according to Glen Rogers, the school’s principal.

“Teachers have said they’ve heard some kids in the cafeteria chanting ‘Trump! Trump! Trump!’ or saying they don’t want Muslims here,” Mr. Rogers told ABC News.

“I mean, kids often repeat what they hear on the TV or the news, but it doesn’t mean it’s OK,” he said. “We have a diverse community here. We want all our students to feel valued.”

So they cancelled to keep minority kids “from feeling uncomfortable,” because they heard kids saying they don't want Muslims here.

I have heard Clinton make statements very similar in her pleasant Bel-tone voice at here well attended rallies.

We can't coddle these kids, if they are saying " they don't want Muslims here", why didn't they stop the hate speech and punish such a earth shattering statement? Just let it go? The people who reported the hateful statement should get disciplined for inaction.

They are young and need to see people are different and that's OK, and your opinion is as valid as everyone else's but be respectful.

www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 3-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I fail to understand why Children are even having mock elections like this.

Leave Politics to the big people and leave those kids alone!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You're defending little kids making negative remarks about minorities? Realllly??? Are you a parent?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
1984 Orwell

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Trump's hateful rhetoric is being repeated by children. It is sad.

link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Why are they having mock elections? I guess it's a good teaching tool but don't prop the two worst candidates in US history as your lesson plan! Instead, have your students vote for each other and see what happens.

link   
Interesting. I think I saw a story not unlike this a couple months ago somewhere over in California.

It appears the term "minorities" is being applied as a blanket term for one specific ideology based minority group (that is, to enrage all minorities). Is that the jist of it?

Imagine if criticizing Communists would have been demonized back in the day because they were "minorities" (i.e. Global Mainstream Islam is NOT a race).

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You're defending little kids making negative remarks about minorities? Realllly??? Are you a parent?

Please paste in a reply where I said that, I won't be hearing from you again. Thanks
edit on 3-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2016 by seasonal because: spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I think we did we did this once in elementary school. Didn't seem to do any harm back then...

Practice voting shouldn't inherently be considered 'harmful'. It's not like they can actually vote.

Although this one might have been baited to the desired 'social' outcome, sort of thing, too...

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Why are they having mock elections?

So that the kids get a feel for rigged elections early on...

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Ugh, really, mental gymnastics? Reread your OP.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This was a Southpark episode right?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

That would only make sense if the teacher rigged the elections in favor of Barney, or w/e kids watch these days.

Either way, elementary school kids are too young to be political because they can't grasp the situation. Funny they mimic Trump who himself acts like an elementary school yard bully.
edit on 3-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Please paste in a reply where I said that, I won't be hearing from you again. Thanks

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Nice,

We can't coddle these kids, if they are saying " they don't want Muslims here", why didn't they stop the hate speech and punish such a earth shattering statement? Just let it go? The people who reported the hateful statement should get disciplined.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I think we did we did this once in elementary school. Didn't seem to do any harm back then...

Practice voting shouldn't inherently be considered 'harmful'. It's not like they can actually vote.

Although this one might have been baited to the desired 'social' outcome, sort of thing, too...

It used to be safe to do that in schools now it's downright dangerous.

People are getting violent over the Elections this year.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I would love to see evidence of the anti minority feeling. I was recently told that the term "minority" is derogatory..

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Trump's hateful rhetoric is being repeated by children. It is sad.

I haven't heard Trump say he didn't want Muslims here, but I did hear his say he doesn't want properly vetted Muslims here.

On the other hand

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Imagine if criticizing Communists would have been demonized back in the day because they were "minorities" (i.e. Global Mainstream Islam is NOT a race).

Cool story. So if the kids were running around saying "All Christians should be banned" you'd have nothing to say?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join