It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What should be..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

The partisan bickering needs to stop.

ATS has turned into a hate-fest. When in reality it should be about bringing truth to the lies and distortion.

You are all arguing over which side of a political turd to eat first, neglecting to understand that it IS STILL A TURD you are trying swallow.

Johnson, Stein, Trump, or Clinton, are all still part of the same system WE are supposed to keep an eye on as citizens of the country, and of the world Yes we keep tabs on all of it, why, because WE are supposed to be a bastion of TRUTH, shedding LIGHT upon the lies, cover-ups and things the public isn't able to take the time to look into.

Name calling, and the rude comments I'm seeing being thrown around by new members is just as unacceptable as it is by any long-time members. There is a higher level of standards for social discourse here, unlike your water-cooler or local pub. Even I have caught myself doing it too! What are WE becoming? This is not Reddit, or 4chan, people, this is ATS. We're supposed to be better then the rest, not just like them.

ATS is a place where truth is to be held to the highest standards, only second to the respect we hold for others, even our adversaries. Just because we are in an unprecedented crap-fest of an election period does not mean we should be doing the same.

There is no room for emotional, illogical thinking here, especially in this emotionally charged election. Logic and Truth should have been our guide the whole time, especially with the MSM pandering to everyone's emotions and feeding us DAMN LIES. Most of us, if not all have bought into the emotional sink of this, especially with how the MSM is pandering stories(LIES) like a cheap drug dealer at your local corner mart.

I challange you all to think about this, and look at things over the next few days, and even past the election, with the old lenses we used to use around here, new members, and old members alike.

There are lies, and then there are damn lies. We are seeing a whole new load of DAMN LIES, from ALL SIDES. Again, this isn't about who is better, or who has done worse things. This is about the truth, and the truth has no room for distortion. Especially if there is to ever be hope of making things better.

I urge you all to step up to the plate, treat each other a bit more respectfully, tone down your emotionally charged biases just a bit, and look at things in a logical fashion. Emotions are what is feeding the insanity, logic is the only thing that will bring us to truth.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Nice gesture, but it's probably not gonna happen.

Not only due to division, but if you've noticed, the Mudpit has been the most used forum on this board for the last 3 months.

People want to get things off their chest and call the opposition a paid shill.
Even I've done it, jokingly of course, but I've done it.

Long live the Mudpit.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

I learned a new word today. It's internet slang, but it encompasses well posts like these. The word is: concern troll.

Viva la Mudpit.
edit on 3-11-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'd be concerned, if it were not for the fact that I feel like most people that post do know that neither candidate is a great choice.

My main concern is people running wild with false/unproven allegations, if we don't know for sure, we should not allow speculation to drive the conversation or opinion.
edit on 3-11-2016 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2016 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I learned a new word today. It's internet slang, but it encompasses well posts like these. The word is: concern troll.

Viva la Mudpit.

Fascinating term, LesMisanthrope, concern troll..

I'm not de-crying or condemning the mud-pit, it seemed to be the appropriate place for this.

I'm more so concerned with people and their wild emotional whims getting all bent out of shape, instead of dealing in facts.

Oh, silly me, I forgot. Emotions are the new facts..

I guess I will adopt that one politicians "What does it matter?" mantra..

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat
I'd be concerned, if it were not for the fact that I feel like most people that post do know that neither candidate is a great choice.

My main concern is people running wild with false/unproven allegations, if we don't know for sure, we should not allow speculation to drive the conversation or opinion.

I concur, because rumors and lies are a waste of time, imo.

Give me truth, not opinion, or feelings, or wild speculation.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

There is a War being Fought Today that Will Determine the Future of Billions of People between those who Cherish Freedom , and those who Wish to see an End to it by Promoting Tyranny . Do Not Expect either side to be Silent or Civil about it unless you Truly are that Naive .

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The word is: concern troll

An off-shoot of "white knighting?"

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

There is a War being Fought Today that Will Determine the Future of Billions of People between those who Cherish Freedom , and those who Wish to see an End to it by Promoting Tyranny . Do Not Expect either side to be Silent or Civil about it unless you Truly are that Naive .

This maybe a war of sorts, but then what about the civility that people always talk about? What about the "we're not apes, we're people, we should act like it!" comments.

If that is the case, then why not move it to a full-blown war? Shoot those who disagree with you?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

No , Violence is Not the Answer , but those who Refuse to Obey the Law must Pay a Price , it's Only the Civilized Thing to do ....

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

No , Violence is Not the Answer , but those who Refuse to Obey the Law must Pay a Price , it's Only the Civilized Thing to do ....

Indeed, and I do not disagree.

However, violence has it's place, and it comes right after name calling, and lying have taken their toll.

Thus, my OP, suggesting people take a step back, and tone it down a notch, and regain some of their civility, for it is this among a few other things that separates us from animals.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

Indeed, and I do not disagree.

However, violence has it's place, and it comes right after name calling, and lying have taken their toll.

Thus, my OP, suggesting people take a step back, and tone it down a notch, and regain some of their civility, for it is this among a few other things that separates us from animals.

I would Agree with your Sentiments there , and for the Record .............I Am Not An Ann Nee Mal ! ...

top topics

join