It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A 269-269 tie and a vote by the House of Representatives for POTUS...very possible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I was looking at polling for states and looking at many of the makeups and without the toss ups the candidate are close. It is easy to assume that some states will finally pull red or blue and may change since the last election. This is based on how unconventional the current race has been. I calculated some that shows PA and FL are must haves for Trump and if he picked up one small blue state he wins be 4 votes. I did the same for HIllary and she wins by 10. However, I did create one that matched something I read in this article.

link

If the polls closed right at this moment (which they won’t) and if the results in each state perfectly mirrored the current RealClearPolitics average of polls in each state (which they won’t), Hillary Clinton would be elected president by an electoral college margin of 8 votes. From her high in the polls a week or two ago, Clinton’s leads in a number of critical battleground states have collapsed or evaporated entirely. The election could come down to one state with four electoral college votes that flips from Clinton to Donald Trump and, boom: A 269-269 electoral college tie, and a vote by the House of Representatives to decide on the next president — who, given the composition of the House, would almost certainly be Donald Trump.”

This is pulled from a WaPo article.

Link[/u rl]

Like I said it is close...

On Thursday, that Clinton state with four electoral college votes raised its hand. Hi, New Hampshire! Two new polls, from Boston Globe-Suffolk University and WBUR-MassInc put the Granite State at a virtual tie, with the continuing trend in the state away from Clinton. That's Trump's 269th electoral college vote. Or, really, his 270th: Polling in Maine's second congressional district (which allocates one electoral college vote separately) has Trump in the lead. He wins the states he holds now and that one in Maine? President Donald J. Trump.

But what happens if it is a tie?

[url=http://www.270towin.com/content/electoral-college-ties]this does

I mean, not legally, but is this what would be needed to 'throw' or 'control' an election and really show where the House is for the citizen or for the lobbyist. Can you imagine a GOP controlled House ushering in a Democratic Candidate over their own party? I would have never thought a presidential candidate in the same party would not support another but look at Kasich. They are out there. Would a #nevertrumper actually vote against not Trump but their party???

What says you?

edit on 11pm30pmf0000002016-11-03T16:55:08-05:000408 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 11pm30pmf0000002016-11-03T16:55:45-05:000445 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

If it goes to the house lets hope they pick someone other than the two idiots.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's very possible. That's how John Adams became President.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Civil Disobedience

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Why wouldn't it be a tie? I mean the finale of this "election" has to be as dramatic as the whole media soap opera has been for the past couple years.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Why wouldn't it be a tie? I mean the finale of this "election" has to be as dramatic as the whole media soap opera has been for the past couple years.

It doesn't. The real issue would be that neither gets to 270. Then the House steps in to decide amongst the top three. The US Constitution has anticipated the possibility and addresses what to do if it happens.

If this were to happen, "civil disobedience" is not the answer. The Constitution is.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

It doesn't. The real issue would be that neither gets to 270. Then the House steps in to decide amongst the top three. The US Constitution has anticipated the possibility and addresses what to do if it happens.

If this were to happen, "civil disobedience" is not the answer. The Constitution is.

And that's how Gary Johnson ends up POTUS!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Of course it is...I wrote about this BS years ago.
Was planning an "I told you so" again after the elections.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
In the thread linked,I have posts proving what I said in advance in my OP to prove it.

The big..."its gonna be close" crap AGAIN??

It is no coincidence.

edit on 3-11-2016 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The Constitution has and is being challenged daily-the question is-will the American public accept the outcome?

This scenario has never happened before. It will be a true test. I still say short of a true civil revolution we will have amazing protests-if you don't agree-well, maybe a little naive-or maybe I am too pessimistic.

People are able to be motivated at the drop of the hat-thanks internet, twitter etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I never suggested civil disobedience, I was just trying to say that this whole election this year has been nothing more then a media soap opera, it couldn't have been more polarizing and dramatic then it is and the finale has to be on par with the whole process. I suggest an American Revolution of the mind.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I don't believe it has to even be a tie, I could be wrong but I believe if neither candidate gets 270 electoral votes it automatically goes to the house.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I don't believe it has to even be a tie, I could be wrong but I believe if neither candidate gets 270 electoral votes it automatically goes to the house.

Correct, that's how a third party candidate can throw a wrench in the process just by winning a state or two.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I never suggested civil disobedience,

I never said you did, but justo did.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Correct, that's how a third party candidate can throw a wrench in the process just by winning a state or two.

That's why Bernie has a new beach house.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: Throes

That's why Bernie has a new beach house.

lol too true.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here is my thought on the election:
1) Hillary will be elected and sworn in
2) Shortly after , Clinton will be arrested by the FBI
3)Tim Kaine will be nominated President
4) Kaine will turn down as he is a box of rocks (w/o the rocks) and feels he couldnt handle the Presidency due to this.
Paul Ryan will be the next POTUS

WOW , time for a break from ATS

new topics

top topics

join