It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

My Blood Parrot Cichlid AKA KissyFish

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I went to a pet store.. it was like going to a real aquarium as the light was low and the diverse sorts of fish were amazing. Im a dog person, but I saw this silly looking HUGE orange/red fish. It followed me when I walked by, and when I took a second look. It tried to attack my hand when I put my hand close to the tank. Yep, had to have one. I talked to the guy about it.. and I bought a baby one. He is not real big now, but he is social with people and is a weird darned fish. I didnt know they could hear and see outside of the tank. Well not as acutely as he does. He knows when I enter the criter room and comes out of his hidey place and waits for me to hand feed him.

Does anyone else have one of these? What are your experiences with them? Im simply fascinated with his behavior!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Pics or you have nothing.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I've had 2 in the past in my old 5 foot tank that I had to give to a friend when I moved. I've now got one in a 4 foot tank.

What can I say about them? A lot of people hate them because they're man made, but I've never had a fish that has had so much personality. They're like dogs of the fish world lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Pics or you have nothing.

Hah! I am typing in a new laptop, Ill get pics of him if it pleases you

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

He sounds cute! I also like that you have a "criter room" for him...pictures?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I've had 2 in the past in my old 5 foot tank that I had to give to a friend when I moved. I've now got one in a 4 foot tank.

What can I say about them? A lot of people hate them because they're man made, but I've never had a fish that has had so much personality. They're like dogs of the fish world lol.

Yes, I have this one in a huge tank.. Im getting ready to transfer it to the living room because he is more entertaining to watch than TV. He gets pissed and digs in the gravel! LOL!
Yeah, I had read that there is a lot of hate for this "breed" since its a hybrid, but WOW. one heck of a hybrid!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173

He sounds cute! I also like that you have a "criter room" for him...pictures?

Ill get some. Yeah I have a critter room. Its mainly arachnids but this guy was just so cool!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

It certainly would. But I also take videos. Drawings, if you're really good.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

It certainly would. But I also take videos. Drawings, if you're really good.

I can only be moved so far in meeting requests..

Here, watch this while you wait. Ill get some over the weekend after I move to another tank.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

WOW! Beautiful!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

LOL!! Posted at the same time!

Im telling you, this is a really unusual fish!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I don't get the hate. Screw those guys (and gals)!

I'm moving next year and I'm planning on a 10 foot long X 4 foot wide X 3 foot high community tank. Wife's all ok with it too, which saves any arguments lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I don't get the hate. Screw those guys (and gals)!

I'm moving next year and I'm planning on a 10 foot long X 4 foot wide X 3 foot high community tank. Wife's all ok with it too, which saves any arguments lol.

Hah!
Yeah, I am thinking of making a HUGE tank this winter when Im cooped up and going nuts. The husband will tolerate me... if Im occupied! LOL!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

LOL! I couldn't wait to see what this fish looked like and learn a bit about them. They seem like an awesome pet that will bring you many years of joy!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: Advantage

LOL! I couldn't wait to see what this fish looked like and learn a bit about them. They seem like an awesome pet that will bring you many years of joy!

I believe so too. I was just truly astonished at its.. I guess.. ability to interact with me. Ive had fish, but not a fish that will let you pet it and play. LOL! Weird! Just my kinda thing!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

This is my old 5 foot before I moved. Got it with the wood needing fixing, no lid, no lights or anything. This was taken a year after I sorted it and got the fish. I miss this tank

There's also a blue gourami, 2 red robin gouramis and 2 angel fish in there somewhere lol.

edit on 3112016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Oh wow! Thats nice!!! Im getting red of the bulbs and going LED in the tank Im putting him in this weekend. I put black gravel in so his color would appear more vivid. I MUST get a pic. I swear when I get some Ill dig this thread up and post a few. I put a few other cichlids in the tank with him, but when he plays he plays rough and holds them down and looks like he is drowning them. I lost one to his ... homicidal tendencies. Fishicidal, I mean.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I was pretty lucky with my parrots. They were docile as anything. So docile you could put your hand in and play with them.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I was pretty lucky with my parrots. They were docile as anything. So docile you could put your hand in and play with them.

Hah! Thats why I call him KissyFish. He kisses me when I play with him, though if he had teeth Id be calling him Biteyfish. LOL! He doesnt kill everything in the tank.. just once in a while nails one... it LOOKS like he is playing, but I imagine its not playful. Its a very large tank, so everyone has hiding places.. thank goodness . Cichlids in there for his killing pleasure is expensive even if he is my favorite. LOL!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join