It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian aircraft carrier towed in Mediterranian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Complain about the Red Scare, yet trot out the even older Hun-scare tactic... OK.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: princeofpeace

If there is another source I would be interested, but I receive this report the same way I would receive a "news report" by Sorcha Faal.

If the story is borne out by other more reputable news sources (*cough*), then it may be a most wise move to appear to be malfunctioning... then your enemy will be surprised when you suddenly spring to life and hand them their death.
edit on 3/11/2016 by Kapriti because: grammar

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yah, haha, Carriers are LSTs (Large Slow Targets), like corks bobbing on the ocean. Can't blame them for not having more than one even, projecting force abroad isn't as important to them as it is in the West. Beside they know how vulnerable and easy it is to sink ships nowadays.

One_cruise_missile, about a million in adjusted dollars.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Aye. Aye! 'Somewhere near the shore' as in 'near the harbour' or how many miles arrr left to port? I don't buy this propaganda piece, pics or it didn't happen.
Newsflash! Big ships use pilot vessels to approach any harbour. And this one is usually covered in big black smokeplumes, cheap ukranian cloaking device I reckon. Search any picture of this vessel on sea in case of doubt.

Ukraine hosts the shipyard in which this swimming wreck was built decades ago, they're probably only jealous as F that it didn't sink instantly already...

Notably, when Russian troops annexed Crimea, they failed to also seize Kiev's main shipyards just north of the peninsula — the same yards that had assembled the Soviet carriers, including Kuznetsov.

Is Russia building a terrifying new aircraft carrier?

Don't let that headline fool you. The article offers some insight on why Russia struggles with big warships.

Greetings,
Käptn Obvious

edit on 3-11-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

This is really funny

Putin flexing his um uh muscle

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Complain about the Red Scare, yet trot out the even older Hun-scare tactic... OK.

Perhaps you should read more in depth about world events and youd know what I was referencing. Has nothing to do with a Hun scare or any sort of scare.

German intelligence has been working closely with American intelligence agencies in Eastern Europe. Im not anti german or anti american. Im probably more pro america than you are. I just know what Im talking about when I bother to say something.
edit on 3-11-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Touched a nerve, did I?

I'm well aware of what you're referencing, so spare me the attempt at education.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
I hope they have a better insurance plan than mine. My plan only pays for towing up to 7 miles.

now that was funny, nice to have a laugh in this screwed up political season

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It is still one more carrier than the jolly old RN can field at the moment. Until around about 2022 our Fleet Air Arm fast jet pilots will be flying of Charles DeGaulle assuming she isn't haemorrhaging from her main reactor on in one of her 2-5 year refits.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
at least it didn't happen during naval week like the "missile demonstration"

RT can still spin it as heroically fighting the enemy to a standstill.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just in case, the bottom ship in the "towing" photo is not a tugboat. It is a tanker. This tanker represents the «Dubna» series which consists of four types of tankers: «Dubna», «Irkut», «Pechenga», «Sventa». Here are the pictures:

«Pechenga» («Печенга»)

«Dubna» («Дубна»)

Mmm...I wonder what would you guys think in case of this photo:

Any experts?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Touched a nerve, did I?

I'm well aware of what you're referencing, so spare me the attempt at education.

Then why did you berate him?

Looks like a deflection to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Great post. I saw the lines and it reminded me of lines cast between royal navy boats and rfa supply ships to pass fuel and winch crates, etc over. Of you look very closely you can see the guode ropes attached to the lines a reply to: JedemDasSeine

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Look at the bigger picture guys it may seem funny that Russia's getting their aircraft carrier towed but their aircraft carrier obviously is a lemon so not really a major loss to them if say it's sank over there by some ISIS beards with an American made misdile and maybe with it sinking could give them enough reason to cry havoc and you know dogs of war and such

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
A video of the Russian rescue tug boat towing the aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov in stormy weather has resurfaced online.
The clip was allegedly taken sometime around February 2012 in the Bay of Biscay, when Russia's only aircraft carrier “fully lost propulsion,” the description claims.

The Admiral Kuznetsov at the time was returning from a Mediterranean voyage and the tug Nikolay Chiker shown in the video was part of the flotilla.

The voyage included training exercises for the ship’s crew and the pilots of the fighter jets deployed on the carrier. It was not immediately clear whether the video shows training in tug operations in unfavorable weather conditions – or the result of an actual failure on the Admiral Kuznetsov. The ship had its share of problems during its years of operation, but no such malfunction was reported during the 2012 voyage.

www.rt.com...

...but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story, especially if it triggers receptors that make you feel superior and great.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
If you saw pictures of the carrier travelling through the English Channel, it was spewing black smoke from it's funnel and was being followed by it's own tug boat, because it is quite clearly extremely dilapidated.

edit on 3-11-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackbird9393
Great post. I saw the lines and it reminded me of lines cast between royal navy boats and rfa supply ships to pass fuel and winch crates, etc over. Of you look very closely you can see the guode ropes attached to the lines a reply to: JedemDasSeine

If i am not mistaken the fleet was to resupply somewhere of the coast of Spain. Since the fleet was not allowed to enter Spain to repsupply like they have been doing in the past. The US wouldnt let Spain allow Russian ships respply in their waters. So the fleet had to resupply in open waters.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

.but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story,

especially if you can spin it so you don't look bad.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Hahaha! Those wacky Russians! They only have one aircraft carrier and it's being towed! ROFL! The USA is so superior to them! We've got like THIRTY aircraft carriers! And they don't have to be towed! LOL!

Actually the US has twelve carriers on the active roll. Perhaps ten are ready to put to sea.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
a reply to: FuggleHop

Well we have 10 super carriers (Nimitz and soon the Ford Class) and the remaining 9 are much smaller (Wasp and America class) and are STOVL versus CATOBAR which is really needed for true strike potential.

What it really highlights is the difficulties surrounding true forward deployed blue water naval operations at which the USN excels at.....

Oooh STOVL versus CATOBAR! You must be a sailor!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join