It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello--an introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hello everyone. I'm a long time reader but first time poster--considering current events--I thought now was the time to make a profile.

My interests are broad, however I am trying to distance myself from politics. My current interests include all things regarding "the unknown"--certain cryptozoology, ufos, and ancient history. I do like to read. I'm into most genres; my interests are anywhere from gothic literature Lovecraft to naturalism London, James Wright to Bukowski to Shakespeare.

Right now, my biggest interest is in the soul--specifically rebirth and reincarnation. It's a pleasent thought for me. That nothing too serious in this life matters (politics). What is out of my control is simply just--out of my control. And, the idea that I don't have to get this life entirely right--I have many to figure it out.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MementoMori99

You arrive at an interesting time.
I enjoy the works of Bukowski, his apathy speaks to me

If you're interested in re-incarnation might I suggest the following - www.amazon.com...

Welcome and goodluck, hope you lose your way and stumble upon what it is you're looking for

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Welcome! (I'm pretty new here too)

Are you an Architects fan? I ask because of your user name. They have a song named the same. Good and pretty deep

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Welcome MementoMori99!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Thank you for the recommendation! I'll check out the book. I've read a two books on the past life memories of children. One being written by a "medium" James Van Pragg. I enjoyed his theories about the afterlife, souls, and soul groups but I went to see him speak once and I wasn't impressed. He seemed too much like a salesman to me. His readings were vague and nothing like his in his book.
However, the book "Life Before Life" by Jim Tucker, an actual MD and scholar is much more scientific. The book isn't an arguement for reincarnation, rather than reincarnation is the best way to aptly explain this phenomenona. The second best being genetic memory, which is also interesting. Bukowski pessimism speaks to me--also the thoughts that were shouldn't merely be working for a paycheck, and a job we hate just to make some rich dude, richer. His poetry is surprisingly beautiful.

hellopoetry.com...

www.amazon.com...=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Thank you for your reply. I haven't heard of the band but I definitely give them a listen--I'm at work right now though. Strangely enough though, I found out about the term Memento Mori from the title of an X-Files episode, so our usernames do have common origins. Interesting how that works. The longer I live the less I believe in mere coincidence. Greetings, FauxMulder.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Welcome and I am curious if you have had any visions of past lives, or, what sparked your interest in reincarnation at this time?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Thank you, InTheLight. I see a past life regression hypnotherapist. I've gone through one regression with her but during other meditations (led by another) I have seen places and felt them with such a serentity--as if I've been there before--or, perhaps home to me.

As to what sparked my interest in it--I've always been interested in or "pulled" toward religions of the world and when I took a Chinese philosophy in college it really got a hold of me (reincarnation that is). But, not until I saw the X-Files episode "In the Field Where I Died" did I begin to do heavy research into past lives and soul groups. I recommend it if you haven't see it. It's a great stand alone episode.

Feel free to ask me anything more or pm me.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

P.S.
But, timing is important. And I'm not realizing that are not coincidences. Did you mean anything in particular by asking that question?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

An old favorite from years past!

Welcome to ATS, MementoMori99!

There are some wonderful threads out here to read through from various view points. Have fun wandering around and wondering!

I wonder why, I wonder why
I wonder why I wonder.
I wonder why I wonder why...
I wonder why I wonder.

-Richard Feynman

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I remember Assassins Creed was the first thing that sparked my curiosity towards 'genetic memory'.
Seems that's the way animals remember their migration routes and such, I've also read theories that trauma can leave permanent genetic markers and it gets passed on to the next generation.

Not sure if you're familiar with epigenetics and it's influence on the modern human condition.
Working a job you hate for a paycheck that just covers rent and beer is definitely no way to live, Bukowski had that spot on. I loved his apathy towards his job, just simply not caring if he gets fired, he'll just apply for unemployment cheques

Wish I could've met him, we would've had some great laughs, but the humor would've been dark

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MementoMori99

P.S.
But, timing is important. And I'm not realizing that are not coincidences. Did you mean anything in particular by asking that question?

Yes, the timing may be important if the 'pull' is getting stronger. Perhaps a message awaits you now.

new topics

top topics

join