It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Nails Republicans For Hyper-Partisan Reversal On Supreme Court Nominees

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Sorry I'm late. Been having a rough week. Thanks for posting this thread, and S/F.

Now going to go back and read it.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Snarl

Merrick Garland is a moderate.

On top of that, do you recall how many members the Supreme Court originally consisted of? Do you see a problem today?

The point is that we have an odd number of judges so that there isn't a tied decision.

Even Richard Burr said nine years ago that a bench without nine judges wouldn't work. How are you not seeing the hypocrisy?

Hang in there, man. You are right.

This place is poisonous right now.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Krazysh0t

it has to do with integrity. I fully understand why that's a foreign idea to you. If you look it up, at least you might comprehend the verbiage.

Tons of integrity breaking their Constitutional mandate. What planet is this? The funny part is a lot of you were Ron Paul supporters, you know the guy who sets his watch and warrant on the United States Constitution. To say they will not allow someone to be nominated, without having any idea who it is, is entirely against American tradition and principles.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

This place is poisonous right now.

QFT... I don't have as much fun posting here anymore since discussions quickly devolve into playground arguing matches... I used to love this site for the integrity it boasted about demanding evidence, an adherence to debate standards and a demand for respect to each other.

I really pray that after the election we go back to how things used to be, but I'm really not holding out much hope. I may end up quitting this site altogether if this juvenile bull# isn't properly clamped down on.
edit on 4-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

it has to do with integrity. I fully understand why that's a foreign idea to you. If you look it up, at least you might comprehend the verbiage.

I've heard one good definition for integrity and that's - doing what you say you're going to do when you say you're going to do it, so for those Republicans who've insisted that they will block any appointee to the Supreme Court, they ought to have "integrity" about their obstructionism.

That said I think integrity is doing your F'ing JOB.

If the American people were smart they've just dump Trump and the Republicans all the way down the line and flip the House and Senate blue, to get some stuff done and break the gridlock of Republican obstructionism.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I am sorry to say this, but Obama has lost his mandate to 'nail' anyone anymore ... not even his husband? Wife? Whatever that thing is ....

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Uh huh... No points made and just blankly insult Obama? I have a feeling you aren't sorry at all.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Obama is being Shouted Down Right Now by a Largely Black Audience of Democrats on the Campaign Trail for Hillary while Trying to Insult Mr. Trump . The Tide is Turning , and for the Dems , it's Gonna Get Ugly....As for the Supreme Court , the American People Support the Republicans in Making SURE the SCOTUS is a Conservative Majority again because They Know it will be a New Supreme Court that Upholds the Constitution , and not one that Tries to destroy it .

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

exactly, which is why they are stating this position, because there is no integrity in breaking the constitution which is exactly what they would and should expect from any Clinton nominee...

Jaden

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

That was a rambling post that had nothing to do with the OP...

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

I see... So you are so duped by the partisan narrative that literally breaking the Constitution is preferable to compromise? WOW.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

the republicans, by this very act, is helping to destroy the constitution!! and, no the american people don't support it, a segment of the american people do, another segment really doesn't want an overly conservative supreme court. heck, some of us feel that it's not a matter of conservative or liberal, but a matter of laws with the politics being left outside of the supreme court building!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Actually, I was sorry to say that.

I had high hopes for BHO ... but he has failed. Totally. Completely.

An embarrassment.

I am sorry, because I did believe at one time ....

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Let me put it to in Plain Simple Language then . The Majority of the American People , who are Not of the Liberal Bent , Will Make Sure The SCOTUS Does Not Become a Majority of Liberal Leaning Judges who will Strive to Reinterpret the Constitution to the Point where the 2nd , and 4th Amendments become Meaningless .

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Again no functional points and an empty post. Nothing relevant here either. Another standard Obama hate post. "I used to like the guy but he failed me! I won't tell you how or why, quote and statistics that show the country is worse because of him, or point out specific policies; but he failed me! Believe it!"
edit on 4-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

" the republicans, by this very act, is helping to destroy the constitution!"

That is YOUR Opinion . Good Luck with that False Narrative .

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Another useless rambling post that has nothing to do with the OP.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Why would we want a minority fringe extremist group doing that?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The crux of this is there is precedent for not holding confirmation hearing for nominee during lame duck session. I believe this is same argument and action of Joe Biden in 87 and 93 among many other esteemed democrats.

Also garlands holdings are very liberal with the one exception the belief that Guantanamo detainees don't have jurisdiction in place of incident or arrrest. Which essentially means they can't sue Middle East countries like Saudi Arabia. Which coincidently is barack hussiens position.
edit on 4-11-2016 by MillerTribe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

they are blatantly ignoring their constitutional duty in an attempt to turn the supreme court into an extra appendage to serve their purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join