It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Nails Republicans For Hyper-Partisan Reversal On Supreme Court Nominees

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
if this was true, we'd still have a segregated south!
heck a state or a community would be able to have their own nazi style genocide, all they'd would have to do is convince the people this group or that group is so evil, they need to be done away with and ensure that their believers are on the jury...
and that isn't the way it works in america, is it???
if we all decided that all the red headed people were really witches and wanted to put them to death, even though a majority of people actually believed this, we wouldn't be able to do it legally would we???

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Obama pulling out the piece of paper he has been wiping his butt with. Comical.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

bushed used that paper for that purpose a long time ago, the obama's aren't so poor that they have to reuse their toilet paper... heck, if's fairly cheap, even I can afford it and avoid reusing it.

edit on 3-11-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Its funny how similar divided and diversified are. We denounce one and promote the other. What a world we live in! I bet you change your tune once the UN starts mandating microchips to buy bread. Because your neighbor has to...

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: introvert
Sometimes the best comedy is found observing the paranoid.

Exaggeration makes a point with the hard-headed.

Exaggeration is for drama queens.

And beliefs (like yours and Krazy's) are for the gullible. LOL

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Says the guy with literally no argument except "You're stupid for believing this".

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton
a reply to: dawnstar

Its funny how similar divided and diversified are. We denounce one and promote the other. What a world we live in! I bet you change your tune once the UN starts mandating microchips to buy bread. Because your neighbor has to...

You do realize that you already walk around with several different microchips that track you and your activities in your pocket/wallet that you do readily and without any fuss right?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Says the guy with literally no argument except "You're stupid for believing this".

Well ... you're stupid for believing against people who actually matter to you. You've talked to me on this forum for years.

Ever had a conversation with a Supreme Court Justice? Ever had a personal exchange with a Senator or House Rep ... one where you called each other names ... and could then speak to one another civilly after?

I didn't think so. Reassess, brother. Those people are not your friends and you don't matter to them at all.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Of course. Mandatory microchips is an outdated conspiracy. 666 and all that. But still, I would rather have the option to have another option available.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

These Republican's hypocrisy is soooo transparent!

First they say they will wait to appoint Scalia's replacement because, according to them, it was critical to let the people's voice decide, based on the mandate received by the election results.

Donald Trump promised to appoint judges who will overturn Roe V Wade, while Hillary Clinton promises to appoint judges that will overturn Citizen's United.

But, if the people choose Clinton, then forget the voice of the people! They don't know what's best for them.

These Republicans were screaming about rigged polls and a rigged election, until the polls veer their way. They complain about the DOJ and the FBI being in Hillary's pocket and suggest that they are trying to influence the election. Then when some crazy dude creates a YouTube video assuring Trump supporters that there is plan, set in place by the FBI and other law enforcement agencies, to rig and influence the election in Trump's favor, they're all for it!

These Republicans scream about 2nd Amendment rights, but are fine with offering up their 1st Amendment rights!

They don't care about Donald Trumps sexual assault and rape allegations and claim his accusers are money grubbing lying whores, but are fine with rehashing Bill Clinton's indiscretions and hauling out his accusers and labeling them as pure and honest, sad and abused victims.

They don't care about the bankruptcies and people their candidate has stiffed. They don't care about the fraudulent Trump University or his self interested scam of a charity, The Trump Foundation. They don't care about his defying a court order and destroying emails, pleading the 5th or claiming not to remember under oath.

These Republicans! Their hypocrisy is deafening!

edit on 3-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Where did I call any politicians my friends? And you are right we have talked for years and you used to give me a modicum of respect and civility. But I guess those days are gone now that we are on opposite sides of the political spectrum huh? I went from being a cool guy to "stupid". Yeah forgive me if I don't take you seriously here.
edit on 3-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Not a liberal, just can't go three sentences without blaming a conservative for something.

Sounds legit.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

All well said and great points. This hypocrisy is getting out of control. Like their rhetoric feels so shallow at this point. I admit I was leery at the time when they said to wait on Garland's nomination because I was pretty sure it was just a partisan stunt. But now they've all but confirmed it.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Not a liberal, just can't go three sentences without blaming a conservative for something.

Sounds legit.

Fair enough. Feel free to point out any Democrats contributing to the SCOTUS nominee hold up. I'll call them out too.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
pot meet kettle......

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The Democrats are trying to swing SCOTUS in their favor. Hillary is anti gun/pro gun control and that's her "in" if she can get one of her flunkies on the court. Any other challenges would be railroaded through also. Look what Obama did with his "healthcare" plan. How's that one workin' out for folks?
And really? "hyper partisan"? Democrats will vote Democrat if there's a dead squirrel running for office, as long as there's a "D" by their name. Obama's just pissed he can't stack the deck.

it's NOT the democrats....it's the people that elect a democratic president to do the job of filling the seat........if you want a republican to pick the next supreme court justice, then get the most votes for president.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

republicans are just as corrupt as the democrats. both groups need to be taken care of.

sorry to say, but Trump is the only guy proposing term limits for Congress. this would alleviate a lot of headaches in Washington...

dems and other reps just want to stay on the gravy train

on a side note - republicans doing this will surely come back to haunt them when some democratic majority comes to term. they will be incredibly sorry for acting the way they are. i still feel both sides pull similar charades, like lackluster filibusters and childish demonstrations to support other unconstitutional actions (such as dems sitting on the floor against guns) ... but at least the dems didn't do some crazy prevention strategy like we're talking about here

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Myollinir

Yeah yeah I've heard this song and dance before. But in THIS situation it is the Republicans who are actively stopping the government from working for partisan reasons. Regardless of how corrupt either party is, this is solely at the feet of the Republicans. I mean I agree that both sides have corruption and both sides will try shady tactics to get their way (and if you believe Trump isn't like that then I have a bridge to sell you, plus Trump doesn't deserve a vote because then I'd be acquiescing to the Republicans in Congress holding the SCOTUS hostage), but this is serious and needs a better response than your carbon copy standard conspiracy theorist response.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

but, it's the supreme court that is charged with the duty of protecting the people.... all of them, not just the majority of them, from such stupid laws that would remove rights such as freedom of religion. and if our congress did decide to make mandatory chipping a law, wouldn't you say that probably a good portion of this country would have a religious objection to that?

the supreme court should be as far away from the political frenzy as possible, and what the republicans are doing is attempting to forcibly drag them into the political arena with this crap. the court should be unbiased and objective, which if you look at the cases that they here, I am sorry, but regardless of what the republicans have claimed, they've seem to have done a good job of that overall. you have supreme court judges appointed by republican presidents often siding on what would seem a democratic position on one issue while judges who were appointed by democratic presidents siding on what would seem a republican position on some. that is how it is supposed to work. they should be laying their politics aside outside of the courtroom and placing on their non-biased robes and looking at the laws, the constitution, and hearing the testimonies that are given and making their judgements based solely on those things... not their religious views, not their political agendas!!!

so while you try to provoke fear of being chipped into the discussion, you are ignoring the fact that the position that the republicans have taken weakens the supreme court and therefore the very protection that could prevent it.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

obama's nominee was a moderate, middle of the road judge though!!!
which is what a judge, should be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join