It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most coveted position.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Sorry for the political rant. I dislike politics nowadays, too much mind$&#@. Anyway... isn't being a top end politician a free pass in life? No need to worry about money ever again? Would the government let any past president, senator, or congressman sleep in a tent? The position is an "everything for free card" from my perspective. I'm not jealous... just that I question people's motive for achieving these jobs. They always get elected by saying these simple words... "I'm gonna change everything and it'll benefit you all (or some other combination of words but same meaning)." Smh. I know I'm sane because of this mess of a planet we live on. It scary that it is so easy to truly fix but nobody will do it.

Edit; How well is Ben Bernanke doing these days? He seems like a nice guy... but that is a freedom for life card. No offense to anyone in these positions was intended.
edit on 3/11/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/11/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

I would hate to be well known or famous. I also dislike control over others and making decisions for others. I also can't imagine what a cesspit of corruption, deceit and manipulation it must be.

They can keep their money. It isn't worth it.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I would hate to be well known or famous. I also dislike control over others and making decisions for others. I also can't imagine what a cesspit of corruption, deceit and manipulation it must be.

They can keep their money. It isn't worth it.

There are quite a few of us. Robin Yount loves to play baseball so much that he played at the MLB level but didn't like the "stardom." He appreciated the fanfare but not the spotlight.

Also, ya, they can keep their money. N1
edit on 3/11/2016 by Gyo01 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I can understand the appeal of being president.

I myself have awesome ideas I'd like to implement, ideas which would change everything. But the only way I could achieve those ideas would be to be president of some place.

The thing is, there are too much presidents who see their country as a job - as you do: they see it as a position with income and with a stack of paper to follow. Instead, I would see being president as an opportunity - an opportunity to burn those papers which leads nowhere and instead try something new, something cool.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Me too. I really appreciate you for your responding statement. I do think that us "average people" know how to govern better. I am not well versed in physics or mathematics, but nowadays is so much full of corruption that that I know we are the ones who are sane.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Honestly, I think that at this point that's just about the only motivation for people in high levels of pubic service. Being a bit of a policy / fact wonk I tend to dig really deep into things whenever political stories arise - not just the meat of the issue itself but also into the people and players involved. Everyone and everything.

Never does it fail to amaze - the revolving doors in Washington and even at State levels. They're almost all connected directly the same very small circles of power. It's very incestuous. The cycle of "public servant" to "lobbyist" to "consultant" and back to "public servant" is nearly universal.

They're set for life having been civil servants - but it's not enough. They augment the free medical, free security and lush retirement plans they get on our dime by selling themselves to corporations for a lot of $$$ in the form of short term lobbying or consulting gigs.

After awhile it becomes really apparent why Washington is perpetually deadlocked and why it's always on the same few issues. It's their job security and it makes it at least appear as if they're fighting against the very same entities that end up paying them later on.

top topics

join