It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Electoral College is a Full Win For Clinton

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I like that logic. Someone who says dumb things is worse than a proven corrupt criminal. Makes sense. Just never saw I that way.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I like that logic. Someone who says dumb things is worse than a proven corrupt criminal. Makes sense. Just never saw I that way.

Actually, I am with you to a degree. Thank you for the mirror. I tell people the same thing you just said about Clinton versus Trump. Holding all other variables equal, it is worse to be a smooth-talking war criminal and elite pawn than a loud-mouthed bigot.

However, Trump is corrupt too, going back to the 70's/80's. He's not a proven war criminal, but he says things that are war crimey. Also, he stands for policies in the Republican vein that I can't get behind. That aspect transcends this election and personalities. At heart, I'm a leftist.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Kudos for your honesty and composure. I am an independent, if I had to give a quick gauge of where I stand, Ron Paul was my favorite in my lifetime.

I believe we need to stop wars that benefit a sector of America we as people never prosper from, and that would free up about half of federal taxes to be used for tons of things. Education is what I want aggressively pursued first as that would fix so many things our country struggles with socially, and economicly.

Unfortunately I haven't seen anyone other than Bernie I can trust though I'm not as left as he is, I'll compromise for trust as it is so rare.

I hate Hillary and Trump, both are jokes. She is a tad worse in my mind, sill havent decided I I'll vote for him or not, but definitely not her.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
In the last few days, fivethirtyeight has had Trump go from an 18% chance of winning, to a 35% chance. (Overnight he rose from 33% to 35%.) The tightening is now having an effect on forecasts for her "firewall" states. New Hampshire has lept from a 23% chance of victory for Trump, to a 37% chance. And they now show Nevada, Florida, and Arizona all leaning Republican, if only just.

If New Hampshire flips, and if it plays out the way their model currently suggests, they could end up tied with 269 electoral votes a piece.

In which case, congress decides.

However, fivethirtyeight also says Trump could win the 2nd district of Maine. And Real Clear Politics shows it as being effectively a tossup, so he very well could. In which case...

So it basically all comes down to New Hampshire, due to tightening of the polls. She has to retain New Hampshire and Colorado (which RCP is now also calling a toss up, although fivethirthyeight gives Trump a lower probability of winning Colorado than New Hampshire) in order to win. Or she needs to win Nevada which right now is too close to call really, and giving him a slight edge.

And he has to flip New Hampshire, in which case even if she hangs on to Colorado, but loses Nevada, he still likely wins, even if by congressional vote.

The race is far from assured.

(Again, I didn't vote for either of them. And I already voted.)

Peace.
edit on 11/3/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Kudos for your honesty and composure. I am an independent, if I had to give a quick gauge of where I stand, Ron Paul was my favorite in my lifetime.

I believe we need to stop wars that benefit a sector of America we as people never prosper from, and that would free up about half of federal taxes to be used for tons of things. Education is what I want aggressively pursued first as that would fix so many things our country struggles with socially, and economicly.

Unfortunately I haven't seen anyone other than Bernie I can trust though I'm not as left as he is, I'll compromise for trust as it is so rare.

I hate Hillary and Trump, both are jokes. She is a tad worse in my mind, sill havent decided I I'll vote for him or not, but definitely not her.

Thanks for the kind words friend. I agree with you regarding the war issue. As an international affairs and history student, as well as former international development professional, I am keenly aware of the neo-imperial nature of our foreign policy over the past 100 years. It's evil, it's exploitative, and it goes against every principle the US supposedly stands for.

Education is one of the best investments as you say, from anti-poverty to citizen awareness. My first career was an educator.
Do you do ed work?

I'm in a bit of a bind. I work with Democratic politicos, all former Obama campaign. Virtually all higher management is either volunteering for the Hillary Campaign or doing paid side work for them. It's like I am in the belly of the beast. I am subjected to Hillary propaganda non-stop, all day long, within five feet of me. They are actively trying to recruit me to go bus to PA this weekend to canvass for Hillary. I am in a very uncomfortable spot right now, where to get ahead i would have to shill for Hillary, and if I don't it will slow down my progress in my job. I am too principled to make the former choice I think.
edit on 3-11-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I admire your conviction and feel sorry for your exploitation. That is not a partisan remarkable I've seen it on all sides.
kudos for sticking with your cause. It's different from mine, but I'm more concerned with people caring. That is a struggle of its own unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
Just in case we need more proof.

The electors cast their ballots in mid-December.

Congress sets the date on which the electors meet, currently the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December. The electors almost always meet in the state capital, usually in the capitol building or state house itself. They vote “by ballot” separately for President and Vice President (at least one of the candidates must be from another state). The results are then endorsed, and copies are sent to the Vice President (in his capacity as President of the Senate); the secretary of state of their state; the Archivist of the United States; and the judge of the federal district court of the district in which the electors met.

Source: www.history.com...

Just in case anyone else thinks the electoral college voted already. Or we all believe the lies on the TV about who is "winning" votes.

I will only view the results as a win/loss after they are really cast.
In mid-December.

Ummm....single electors have only voted against the candidate they were supposed to 8 times in history. Thise instances never effected an election.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

originally posted by: reldra
It apears to me this thread is not allowed. Mod can remove.

Wait...you're dumping your own thread and getting run off the boards...what happened to the Hilary coalition???

That was mainly a joke. I really didn't have the energy for the nonsense. But, this is going to be an electoral landslide.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It is really time to accept the reality of what will happen.

I can imagine those words must sting a little bit right about now.

To be fair, rare few saw it coming either.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Wait...you're dumping your own thread and getting run off the boards...what happened to the Hilary coalition???

That was mainly a joke. I really didn't have the energy for the nonsense. But, this is going to be an electoral landslide.

Ironically it was an electoral landslide, just in the opposite direction.

Not your fault at all though, its the terrible pollsters that are to blame.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Funny enough you just made a boohoo let's be friends thread where you basically acted the opposite of your OP then ditched that one too when you got ridiculed by most of the posters in there as well...

You're just one of those people who can never be wrong and when you are you try the whole cover it up try to keep the high ground ...while grumbling and being dramatic... cause a scene tactic. Truly a sad showing but alas it's proven to be true of you on here since as far as I could remember.

By the way, wasn't quite a landslide, but it sure was a pretty solid win...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You were saying? haha

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

i'm sorry, what were you saying? your OP was ridiculous by the way... of course CNN would paint it for Hillary to win before the election was over...
edit on 9-11-2016 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just reading this thread for the first time...It's a treasure. This needs to be saved, studied for future generations. Retrospect is a beeyatch.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
lol

edit on 14-12-2016 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Wow! Just saw this since someone bumped it.

Ruh-roh...

Karma is a mean and nasty bitch, huh?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Justso

I have been reading ATS and ATS does not decide the election. No matter what articles or leaks are posted.

There has been about 1,000 threads about Clinton. That may be a conservative guess. But there will be no trump win.

I am framing the above and mounting it in my hall.
Titled: The hallmark of arrogance (excuse the pun)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This thread is the best reldra. Thank you that this is ours for an eternity.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

At this, point, I have no idea why anyone wastes ther time speculating. Any look at that will show what is going to happen. Even if you don't like CNN, this is a real count. Electoral Map
Pure gold.
edit on 14-12-2016 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

It is really time to accept the reality of what will happen

yes
yes it is

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join