It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath - Official Trailer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Leah Remini recently hosted a Reddit AMA to promote her new miniseries expose on Scientology.

It's worth a look.

Here

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have been following along with the series and I have read Leah Remini's book, it amazes me how an organization/religion/cult can acquire so much power. Not just the power it has over its members but the power it has over our government, in our culture, and in other parts of the world.

If this one organization can be that far reaching and slide under the radar, there are absolutely no CTs out there that cannot be possible.

This is in our face and we choose to ignore it.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They going to send the squirrel busters to her residence?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I like it, been looking into the cult/pyramid scheme that is scientology for years..good to see they have been exposed.
Somehow, the tax exempt status needs to be overturned..in reality they have all the dirt, so I doubt anything changes.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Figured I'd bump this thread as I just caught on to this show with episode four.

All those Youtube videos I'd seen in days of yore are so spot on from what they are exposing on this show. "What crimes have you committed today?" and all that.

Seeing how David treated his own father is quite amazing and a great revelation into how this cult works. It's amazing to me how people can get sucked into a cult like this. I feel sorry for those who are victims, now reformed, and those still enslaved by this cult.

Kudos to Leah for doing this.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Can't wait for season 2.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Heck, I can't wait to finish season one. My dvr recorded four more episodes while I was sleeping and I'm psyched to see this cult exposed. I'm really surprised someone had the balls to do this because the cult is known as being ruthless in going after people who speak out against them which is evidenced in the show itself.

Funny thing is I already knew most of this but to hear it from insiders who were high up in the church is really cool as it confirms everything I've heard about the cult and more. Crikey, to hear Ron Miscaviage's story(hope I spelled that right) is worth the price of admission in itself.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I've caught this now a few times. Epis 1, 3, and 4 on last weekend's binge programming.

The show is "train wreck" like. Once you start watching you just watch and watch. The amount of reading material is ridiculous. I mean, c'mon! Every single word L. Ron Hubbard wrote and audio and videos?!! The payments-per-level should scream out at you to.

I read Dianetics a long time ago and could not tell you much about it because even back then I knew it was crap. For me it was Dia-aftia (not even sure it is Koin or what ever! May have crossed several language barriers on that one! Sorry. Just trying to be funny, as in, "In one ear out the other").

It is the tales of the other former members and their parents that truly telling. The lady shaking with rage when told to grab the "cans" (whatever they are, look like cans to me) and she knew they owned her, that was powerful.

I will definitely watch epi 2 when I can. Maybe do a sit down, in order, binge watch when they air them again. Thanks for the thread. Lots of stuff to talk about here.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
There is a marathon of the show happening right now. Interesting stuff, I think ill get caught up.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Train wreck is the appropriate way of looking at this. You know what happened but it's just too awful to look away.

I''m not sure who has better propaganda skills, this cult or the .gov. TBH, this cult makes the Westboro Baptist Church look like amateurs and they are pretty damned good at making peoples lives a living hell.

I just don't get the hate involved. How they can prey upon that and make it work is amazing.

Many thanks to Edward Bernays, that POS. A tiny bit OT but it's not, really.
edit on 1/10/2017 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Leah Remini is opening the floodgates with this series. She's paving the way for other former members to come forward and talk about abuse, she's getting all the church's dirty laundry out in the open.

Seems like the only way to take them down is to find former members who are brave enough to speak out publicly.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I am still watching the marathon, I am totally enthralled here. The season finale starts in ten minutes!

I had a basic understanding of how messed up scientology is but I am learning just how bad it really is.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Spiritual meat grinding. Damn.

I do hope the what Leah is doing will result in something. I feel as if I should join up on Twitter or whatever just to send her a thank you note for what she is doing.

So the elephant in the living room that needs to be explained is how much this cult has influence over the political landscape. I'm so much more worried about this cult than I am over the fake news about Russia. Not unlike the Mormons who spent millions against the legalization of pot, IIRC. Pretty sure I saw a doc on that but my mind may be confusing things.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I'm considering working on Leah's show as a production assistant, seeing as I live right around the corner from Scientology's flagship headquarters. Not to mention I have a seriously in depth understanding of the church's history and their years of teetering on the line of legality.

But then again... I enjoy taking jabs at them anonymously. I'm sure they'll find a way to harass everyone involved in the A&E show whether they are in front of the camera or behind it.

We shall see.

I do my part for the movement very well here on ATS.

edit on 1/10/2017 by ColdWisdom because: russian scientologists hacked my keyboard

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Maybe you can infiltrate the organization and sabotage them from within?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Good luck whatever happens. This is some really disturbing spit and if you can play a part in exposing this inhumanity, then I wish you all the best in this world.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I held the cans once, going back around 20 years ago while visiting the south western US.
At the time I didn't see the harm in taking a closer look. It took 2 more years and a move to finaly stop receiving (and returning to sender) all of the material (books, and other media) they were sending.
Apparently I had scored really high on the e-meter.

Thank God I never took them seriously!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
These ex members of Scientology may not be able to take Scientology directly to court.
but the Private Investigators working for Scientology go way beyond the legal bounds.
they could be sued and there employer Scientology could also be sued for the PIs actions.
www.pinow.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join