It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Judging the non-believers and pretending to be God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There are so many people of "faith" who claim God is punishing America because of sin. Someone posted the quote below on another forum that abortion is why America and the people in this country are suffering because God is punishing us. There is a huge amount of hubris in this post. How does anyone really know how God will judge man? Nobody knows the mind of God. When people pretend to know the mind of God they will act out what they perceive is "God's will" on earth. This type of delusion is how people get murdered by the "believers". It's a a very dangerous superstition. My response to the post follows:

Excerpt from another forum:

"judgemental maybe, but killing 54mill children legally isnt really a great future legacy to build upon. america will get what america deserves. if the blood of a fully grown man cries out to God from the ground just imagine the cries of 50mill babies. must be heartbreaking for God. i suggest that individuals seriously repent and turn back to God in deeds as well as lip service. because as a nation as a whole i think God's court has judged. once america was what people dreamed of. people of the world were amazed at the blessings you were given and gave to others. you spread the gospel and protected God's people the Jews. now in 2016 you export filth. remember the gentile nations were grafted in and are wild olive branches. if God didnt spare the natural branches then what makes you think he will spare the wild branches? imo heaven will be filled with aborted children and the mentally ill plus others who couldnt make a commitment to Jesus. i seriously wonder how many fully grown cognitive people will find that narrow gate. repent now as individuals cause your nation has been judged."

My response:

"Will you judge the non believers for God? Will you pretend to know the mind of God and kill the gentiles? I sure hope you have omnipotent powers so you do not make any human mistakes. Without omnipotence, how will you know you do not have misconceptions, delusions, superstitions, and false conclusions. Good luck and when you are done and may God have mercy on your soul when you inevitably make mistakes.

No matter how much you don't like it or think it's up to you to pretend to be God, we know one thing about God. And that is God is pro-choice. And we know this because based on human experiments there is no amount of evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free-will. So my question to you is do you accept God being pro-choice or do you just want to kill the gentiles and pretend that you are God?"

So what are you thoughts? Is God pro-choice or is God punishing us because we do not believe in God in the one "right" way whatever that is?

edit on 2-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Churchianity is a refugee for some...

If you have trouble, its gods will. If you need help, I'll pray for you. If things get better, its gods will and if not, it was gods will.

Perfect excuses for never lending a helping hand.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

"Churchianity" is a good way to look at it. It's almost like they practice their religion like they way you root for an NFL football team.

Is God pro-choice or does God punish us for our "sins" is a very good question imo.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Is God pro-choice or does God punish us for our "sins".

If thats a question.

Ever wonder how come millions die of war, famine and disease?

I think we are pretty much left up to our devices down here. In the end, how did we behave towards others?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

No matter how much you don't like it or think it's up to you to pretend to be God, we know one thing about God. And that is God is pro-choice. And we know this because based on human experiments there is no amount of evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free-will.

This doesn't make any sense at all.

I laughed, though. Go figure.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
God is punishing us because we have not followed his word for over 60 years.
He is killing babies, raping women, sending military leaders to hell and making Hillary an angel when she is clearly in fact the antichrist. She will come a with full legion of demonic Legos and kills us all! She will eat your blood, rape your skull, butcher your genitals, hump your carpet, raping your babies and stomp on your shoes!

America be prepared for hell because God has sent his unholy prophet, Hillary. Read Daniel 6:23 8:20 Amos 2:13 5:12 Isaiah 34:8 45:2 and Revelation 12:5 15:4

We are in the end times and God is laughing.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

LOL, so before those 60 years we DID follow God?

ffs, I can't believe people still think like that.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

No matter how much you don't like it or think it's up to you to pretend to be God, we know one thing about God. And that is God is pro-choice.
So what are you thoughts? Is God pro-choice or is God punishing us because we do not believe in God in the one "right" way whatever that is?

To say God is pro choice is not really fair
God is pro free will, meaning He allows people to choose, be it good and or bad
God hates sin, loves sinners

In fact He wants christians to allow those in the world to make that choice as well. We are not the authority's
For christians, we make enough mistakes, cause enough grief not to judge (condemn) anyone

We are to love men and women who have chosen what we consider wrong, we are to be the Christ, Christ loved, forgave and healed.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The following is my opinion on the matter...

The Father is pro-choice, but not pro-action. Reality is a grand illusion that keeps us believing we make a difference, when in actuality, it is all for His purpose, not ours. If something lives or dies, it's not because of our choice, but because of our Fathers willingness to let it live or die. Every choice that has ever been made...was, is, and will be filtered by His inclination, for the fulfillment of His plan.

"You can release the arrow, but He decides if it hits its mark"

There is so much incredible ignorance surrounding religion and theology, it's astounding one can have any semblance of foundation at all. It's preposterous for anyone to judge another person; those that do, are not from the Father but subservient to their inadequacies. That's not to say that any one of us has not been undermined by our own ignorance, naivety, or general incompetence.

Keeping an open mind, being kind and loving...those are the only hallmarks of a proper foundation. Being human, none of these traits can stand on their own, but if we don't try, there won't be any silver lining left in the world.
edit on 3-11-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
The following is my opinion on the matter...

The Father is pro-choice, but not pro-action. Reality is a grand illusion that keeps us believing we make a difference, when in actuality, it is all for His purpose, not ours. If something lives or dies, it's not because of our choice, but because of our Fathers willingness to let it live or die. Every choice that has ever been made...was, is, and will be filtered by His inclination, for the fulfillment of His plan.

"You can release the arrow, but He decides if it hits its mark"

There is so much incredible ignorance surrounding religion and theology, it's astounding one can have any semblance of foundation at all. It's preposterous for anyone to judge another person; those that do, are not from the Father but subservient to their inadequacies. That's not to say that any one of us has not been undermined by our own ignorance, naivety, or general incompetence.

Keeping an open mind, being kind and loving...those are the only hallmarks of a proper foundation. Being human, none of these traits can stand on their own, but if we don't try, there won't be any silver lining left in the world.

That sounds like slavery with extra steps. All of reality is bound to a fundamental "yes/no" function arbitrated by a sole individual who endeavors to obscure this fact by devising a "free will" magic trick similar to the concept described by the architect in the matrix, wherein we are subliminally imprisoned but consciously liberated, or in other words, the Truman show. Doing a kinda bad thing for kinda good reasons. And then condemning those who do not align with this program for kinda vague and kinda hypocritical reasons.
edit on 3-11-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I agreed with everything you said until you got to the part: "And then condemning those who do not align with this program for kinda vague and kinda hypocritical reasons."

I made it very clear that none of us have a right to judge.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "Doing a kinda bad thing for kinda good reasons". At what point did I describe that?

That being said, the Father is much like the architect in The Matrix. The difference being that there are no aberrations in this reality that are not according to His will. There is no "The One". There is only us.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I agreed with everything you said until you got to the part: "And then condemning those who do not align with this program for kinda vague and kinda hypocritical reasons."

I made it very clear that none of us have a right to judge.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "Doing a kinda bad thing for kinda good reasons". At what point did I describe that?

That being said, the Father is much like the architect in The Matrix. The difference being that there are no aberrations in this reality that are not according to His will. There is no "The One". There is only us.

None of us, certainly, but there is one who allegedly judges. In my opinion, the biggest hypocrite of us all, for he is the most human of us all and won't even admit it. Or rather, those who praise the idea of him won't admit it. I wasnt talking about how you feel or what you think, i was reflecting on it. I would elaborate on my earlier metaphor by referring again to the matrix analogy...the architect is the prime example of the very foibles he seeks to resolve. He desires control, perfect control, but he has the least control. He is a program that will never be free of itself, can never leave his immaculate office. He is a prisoner of his own devising and will spend his existence trying to escape it by making his cell ever more secure. Hypothetically, God hates us because we remind him that he can never be free without admitting that he isn't perfect. He has to swallow his pride, and even in all of his omnipotence, this is too much to ask. And the non believers are judged because they see that.
edit on 4-11-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

That's kinda depressing haha.

It's a bit beyond the scope of the OP, but I believe the very character of God is why you and others might see Him like that. We can't know His mind or the breadth of His wisdom. It is by ONLY faith that we rely on Him to do what's best for us in the end.
edit on 4-11-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Your god is very small, very insignificant and probably a image caused by a reflection

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Your god is very small, very insignificant and probably a image caused by a reflection

if you are implying that i see myself as a god, then you are right, in a way. i am the god of my own very small slice of reality. in this way, we are all gods. which sort of dulls the exclusivity of the whole thing. gods are no longer special from that perspective, which suits me just fine. no one person/being/entity deserves to be praised and deferred to as the sole arbiter of all that is good or bad. such expectations are narcissistic at best and sociopathic at worst.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

That's kinda depressing haha.

It's a bit beyond the scope of the OP, but I believe the very character of God is why you and others might see Him like that. We can't know His mind or the breadth of His wisdom. It is by ONLY faith that we rely on Him to do what's best for us in the end.

why rely on such a figure at all? why not do something for yourself for a change? the serenity prayer comes to mind, but instead of asking a cosmic entity to grant us these qualities, we should seek to cultivate them in ourselves. nothing is more satisfying than a skill you have earned versus a talent you have bought. you never know what price a god might exact, and you never know if it is worth the cost until it is too late.
edit on 6-11-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

And that would be an opinion that I have no doubt you would excercise by force on others
Stalinesque

God doesn't provide magical talents, life is not Pokemon, even Christians have to study, practice and work hard
Unlike yourself, we have a very clear moral compass, yours, why do anything

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

It's interesting you bring up the idea of doing something for oneself. The mere thought of doing something by ones own volition has already been denied or allowed by our Father. We are not masters here or gods; we are infantile creatures roaming around without a vestige of substance. We meander over this life as if we own it. We invent purpose and meaning. Society catalyzes and reinforces our machinations so we don't tire of our contrived hopes and dreams. If we're lucky, we won't realize the emptiness of it all before we're ready to die.

Now that sounds bleak doesn't it?
Because of this, my only hope is in Him, because he is life, real life.
It's not something I can convey, it must be experienced and to be honest...I didn't have a choice. He chose me. It goes beyond intellect, belief, faith, religion...it transcends the logic center of my being insomuch that at times all I can say is: "Here I am" and hope that I'm enough for Him to keep saying: "I want you".

I know that sounds peculiar but...that's why I believe what I believe and you won't get that out of any book.
edit on 6-11-2016 by Aedaeum because: spelling

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

And that would be an opinion that I have no doubt you would excercise by force on others
Stalinesque

God doesn't provide magical talents, life is not Pokemon, even Christians have to study, practice and work hard

You seem to be projecting an awful lot. You should get that checked out.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Stalinesque

You seem to be projecting an awful lot. You should get that checked out.

Projecting that you are a bit of a fundamentalist?

Go read your post history TC

You are as bad as any other fundy I have met, just batting for the other team

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join