It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just witnessed another significant meteor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Ok.... I just pulled over so I could post this because I didn't want anybody to think I was making things up because I happened to witness the meteor that came down in Arizona a while back....I just saw another one...I'm not sure if this one was quite as spectacular. But it was definitely one that will be reported I had just gotten on to interstate 81 South and had crossed into West Virginia... I just went by the West Virginia Welcome Center and it came down straight in front of me It had a green tint to it and there again it stayed in sight until it went below the horizon. I cannot say for certain exactly which direction I was headed in at that moment because the road has a lot of curves in it in that area. Anyway I thought I would throw it out there for all those that are interested in such things.
edit on 2-11-2016 by HarryJoy because: Typo

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I wonder why a lot of the meteors being sighted lately have a green tint? Kryptonite?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I wonder why a lot of the meteors being sighted lately have a green tint? Kryptonite?

No. Copper.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

No. Copper.

Ahh. Right on

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

No. Copper.

Party pooper

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

This month we have the annual Northern Taurid and annual Leonid Meteor showers going on.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

No. Copper.

Actually:
B Boron Bright Green
Ba Barium Apple green
Cu(II) Copper(II) (non-halide) Emerald green
Cu(II) Copper(II) (halide) Blue-green (bluish green)
P Phosphorus Pale bluish green
Pb Lead Pale green
Sb Antimony Pale green
Te Tellurium Pale green
Tl Thallium Pure green
Zn Zinc Bluish green
uk.answers.yahoo.com...
www.webexhibits.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

I haven't seen one recently and I usually watch the sky for extended periods a few times a week.

I realize location, light pollution, timing, etc all play into that.
I'll keep watching though.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I want to see one !!!.... hmmm....gonna have to do some more star gazing this weekend .

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Well you could always take up truck driving....lol. I saw the one that came down in Arizona and it was quite spectacular but I was going out across the desert so there wasn't much light pollution.....there was a town off in the distance but the lights were not very bright.
When I saw this one I was in heavy traffic and there were a lot of street lights and peripheral lighting around..... even so it stood out very brightly and I'm sure most of the people around me saw it also. Well....it's time to make the donuts ......roll down the road . Now that I know there's some meteor showers going on I might see another one before the Sun comes up...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Atmospheric Methane

new topics

top topics

join