It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Al-Qaeda Suspect Said in U.S. Custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
A Pakistani security official has alleged that Ahmed Ghailani, who was captured in July, was turned over to US authorities months ago. Since his capture in July, his whereabouts has remained unclear. It is not known if he has been transferred to Guatanamo Bay, and a US Embassy spokesman says he has no details on Ghailani's location.

www.newsday.com
Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani is wanted in connection with the 1998 U.S. Embassy bombings in east Africa that killed more than 200 people. He was arrested by Pakistani intelligence agents in July after a shootout in the eastern city of Gujrat.

Since then, officials have refused to divulge the whereabouts of Ghailani, who had a $5 million bounty on his head. But on Tuesday, a senior security official confirmed on condition of anonymity that the suspect had left Pakistan months ago.

"He (Ghailani) was turned over to our American friends months ago," the security official told The Associated Press.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It doesn't come as a big surprise that these prisoners are being turned over to the US. I suspect we will never truly know where he is or what is happening to him, and he will disappear into the system. This is one fellow whose guilt cannot be argued, unless I've missed some vital piece of information.

I also wonder if Mohammed Naeem Noor Khan ever got his $5 million reward for turning him in. Probably not since he's an alleged terrorist, too.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WAR: U.S. Senator Asks White House to Explain Khan Leak
TA-THREATS: US London banks step up security
ATS: Canadians May have Had Mohammed Naeem Noor Khan in Custody Last Year

[edit on 25-1-2005 by TrickmastertricK]

new topics

join