It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will Democrats / Republicans do when one of them loses?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This year, with Donald Trump crying fowl of the elections by calling them rigged and wanting to arrest Hillary (probably if he wins or loses) and Comey revealing that Hillary's email investigation was reopening right before the election, there is a lot of room for post-election drama.

Since the television networks are so polarized (Fox is Republican, CNN and MSNBC are Democrat) and social media actually has algorithms in place to keep you in your own social sphere of similar beliefs, both sides think the world will end if the other wins the election.

Before Comey interrupted the election, it seemed like Hillary would win by a long shot and Donald Trump would politely back down. That is the best-case scenario in terms of drama. However, now Trump could win and what would Democrats do? It might be good for them to have their extremism cropped off a bit. But Democrats might go after Comey and say he violated the Hatch Act.

If Democrats win things get hairier though, because Donald Trump would claim the election was rigged and there would be constant calling for Hillary to be jailed and impeached. She might not even last that long, and Tim Kaine would become President. As for the 9th justice on the supreme court, Republicans have vowed to keep all Democrat nominees out of the slot, even if Dems win the Presidency.

It seems like with our polarized views, we cannot get along or even admit defeat.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

There will probably be calls for recounts from either side...unless one side wins in a landslide.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm thinking more than recounts this time around... Trump would probably see to it that Clinton is put in jail.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm thinking more than recounts this time around... Trump would probably see to it that Clinton is put in jail.

Indictment for her is already inevitable. Jail...maybe not.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
One side will whinge about it all, whilst being proven correct, whilst the other will celebrate whilst being proven wrong. That's democracy for you!!

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
To be honest Im getting very scared... I was happy when Hillary had a 14 point lead... but with the gap closing... Im getting scared Trump might make it close

If Trump elected... were in for totalitarianism... nuclear war... the extradition of good people... and the loss of our rights and liberties

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I already assume Americans are too stupid to save themselves.

I am not really excited about Trump, but I dread Clinton.

No matter what happens we will get what we deserve.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wow fear much?!? Your forgot the wholesale slaughter of puppy's and kittens!!a reply to: Lucidparadox

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

f Trump elected... were in for totalitarianism... nuclear war.

If you switch Trump for Hillary it pretty much sums up how I feel.

However, you can add in corruption at never before seen levels as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
People running around in circles, cities crumbling, sky falling , riots, chaos, all of biblical proportions of course....

.... some folks will even smoke a cigg , point, and laugh.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Cry for four years.

If the Republicans loose, they'll gnash teeth and lament about the lack of quality candidates yet it will still be the same clown car as last time. Rubio, Cruz, Carson, Perry....How about better candidates?

If the Democrats loose, they'll cry about Jill Stein siphoning off votes....for 4 years.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If Trump wins, the democrats will do a lot of grumbling, but then graciously step aside.

If Clinton wins, all hell will break loose at Trump's bidding. Some of those people are dangerous. She will need more security than Obama did. He got hundreds of death threats when he first took office. Some deranged Trump supporter might take Trump up on "exercising the 2nd". It will be very volatile for a while.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Some people have plans for drastic measures. These guys X1000

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Same thing they did the day before the election, anyone saying otherwise is full of bs.

I will be enjoying my headache from too much rum.
edit on 2-11-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

My guess... A WHOLE lot less than some Hitlery supporters if it were the other way around.

It's hilarious to see people saying "If Trump looses, the US will burn!!! Trump supporters will go ape!".

Looking back at all the things that's transpired since the start of this election, it's all ironic because for the most part, the damage, the fights, people being beat up, cars being damaged and so forth, have come from Hillary's side. I've watched vids where people were pummeling Trump supporters at their OWN rally. Guess who was doing the pummeling? People actually had to run a gauntlet just to get away.

Oh how soon we forget. And they call Trump supporters brainwashed.

edit on 2-11-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

It's hilarious to see people saying "If Trump looses, the US will burn!!! Trump supporters will go ape!".

Yeah, it's hilarious. Remember who said this?

"I think you’d have riots. I think you’d have riots. I’m representing a tremendous many, many millions of people."

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: StallionDuck

Yeah, it's hilarious. Remember who said this?

"I think you’d have riots. I think you’d have riots. I’m representing a tremendous many, many millions of people."

*waves hand* me! call on me! I know! I know!

Was it Donald Trump?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

One Will Cry , the Other will Laugh .

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
At least the Repubs will stay that the course when they lose... deny obstruct and block.... Why do anything for the benefit of the country when you can just be sissy bitches pouting...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Who ever wins, life goes on...we move on.

No need to cry about it or throw a fit...you just start working on the next election.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join