It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOBODY should be pressured into voting the lesser evil! VOTE your conscious. Vote Third Party!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of negativity lately surrounding any support given to one of the third party candidates, whether it be Evan McMullin or Gary Johnson or Jill Stein. Firstly I'm absolutely appalled that people have the nerve to criticize those who choose not to commit themselves to a major party candidate. I've even seen it here on ATS among some members. What on earth is going on? Since when did we get so desperate to compromise for the less evil? Even here on ATS??

WHY must somebody compromise their beliefs because YOU believe your candidate is the less evil??

I've been looking up Evan McMullin since Johnson has proven himself to be an absolute buffoon this time around and the common argument I'm coming across is "oh he's a romney plant, he gives Hillary too much of an advantage". Even on MSNBC's Meet the Press Evan got heat from one of the panelists saying he has no chance at the presidency so he shouldn't bother, he's just causing trouble. So what? So we should vote for Trump? That nutcase? Or Hillary??? The establishment golden girl??? You have got to be kidding me.

Even Jill Stein is getting slack from some Hillary supporters saying having her run is too risky, she may help Trump in winning. She's running on principal and people are voting based on principal.

We need to stop demonizing others for voting their conscious, voting their beliefs, voting against the two party system. Yes the odds are against the third party candidates, but I'll give far more respect to somebody who chooses to vote their principals and beliefs than somebody who compromises for one of the two major candidates. We need start thinking this way again and celebrate this new and growing movement away from the D's and the R's. Vote for who you feel is RIGHT. Don't compromise.

BOTH Trump and Hillary have gone so far off the core beliefs of both left and right. People are sick of it, people are desperate for a real candidate that represents them.
edit on 2-11-2016 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Again, Obama already said a vote for anyone else is a vote for Trump. He basically is calling anyone else Trump.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Of course not, Voting Trump is the best you can do to counter the globalisation and bring back jobs and security.

In fact I´ve just voted by phone today:

This is the number to vote for Trump 646-854-1432

I´ve just called to day to vote for him You can do the same.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual

Of course not, Voting Trump is the best you can do to counter the globalisation and bring back jobs and security.

In fact I´ve just voted by phone today:

This is the number to vote for Trump 646-854-1432

I´ve just called to day to vote for him You can do the same.

Are you sure that's the right number?

Perhaps, you copied it wrong.

Anyway, there are 8 write ins in my state. They're no better, IMO.
It's truly the lesser of 15 evils here.

edit on 2-11-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

Voting Trump is the best you can do to counter the globalisation and bring back jobs and security.

Donald Trump IS the face of globalisation. For goodness sake his businesses thrive on globalism. Are you not aware of how much he has benefited from outsourcing? Maybe you should do some more research.

He's part of the establishment. Heck he even funded the establishment and proudly proclaimed this on the campaign trail. One in the same.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Vote Cthulhu and the greater of all evils.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Vote Cthulhu and the greater of all evils.

Is he running this year? Haha.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yes. I am his campaign manager.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Vote Spaghetti Monster!

Because.....um.....

BEER!

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hear hear good sir or mam, nobody has the right to shame or try to force someone to vote against there values.

We need more people like you.

edit on 2-11-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
In this country , a vote for a 3rd Party candidate is a waste of a vote. What does it prove? Do you feel good about yourself ? Doesnt put money in the pocket or food on the table.

I know where you are coming from , a good 3rd Party run has always been a daydream for me. Shame the US is set up for the 2 major parties and no more. You would have to take at least a good 1/3 of the votes. And as long as the ignorant masses stay zombies for their Party Lines aint going to happen.

Start educating folks. Open their eyes. Dont do a bit of good complaining here.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
I've seen a lot of negativity lately surrounding any support given to one of the third party candidates, whether it be Evan McMullin or Gary Johnson or Jill Stein. Firstly I'm absolutely appalled that people have the nerve to criticize those who choose not to commit themselves to a major party candidate. I've even seen it here on ATS among some members. What on earth is going on? Since when did we get so desperate to compromise for the less evil? Even here on ATS??

WHY must somebody compromise their beliefs because YOU believe your candidate is the less evil??

I've been looking up Evan McMullin since Johnson has proven himself to be an absolute buffoon this time around and the common argument I'm coming across is "oh he's a romney plant, he gives Hillary too much of an advantage". Even on MSNBC's Meet the Press Evan got heat from one of the panelists saying he has no chance at the presidency so he shouldn't bother, he's just causing trouble. So what? So we should vote for Trump? That nutcase? Or Hillary??? The establishment golden girl??? You have got to be kidding me.

Even Jill Stein is getting slack from some Hillary supporters saying having her run is too risky, she may help Trump in winning. She's running on principal and people are voting based on principal.

We need to stop demonizing others for voting their conscious, voting their beliefs, voting against the two party system. Yes the odds are against the third party candidates, but I'll give far more respect to somebody who chooses to vote their principals and beliefs than somebody who compromises for one of the two major candidates. We need start thinking this way again and celebrate this new and growing movement away from the D's and the R's. Vote for who you feel is RIGHT. Don't compromise.

BOTH Trump and Hillary have gone so far off the core beliefs of both left and right. People are sick of it, people are desperate for a real candidate that represents them.

Have you ever watched the last star wars prequels? The one with palpatine as the potus? there is a scene where the jedi are going to kill him and it goes agaisnt everything the jedi stand for but it must be done to save everyone. Basically trump is mace windo and hillary is palpatine the american public is a.skywalker. this is that moment we all got to see how it turned out with palpatine at the end.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
Basically trump is mace windo and hillary is palpatine the american public is a.skywalker.

So you're saying that the shriveled old evil bag is going to force lightning Trump out the window to his death after the public chops his hands off at the polls?

Interesting metaphor.

edit on 2-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
... as the plebeians continue to dance the elite's political dancing game...

Dance for us you fools !
Dance !

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
Basically trump is mace windo and hillary is palpatine the american public is a.skywalker.

So you're saying that the shriveled old evil bag is going to force lightning Trump out the window to his death after the public chops his hands off at the polls?

Interesting metaphor.

Lol no im saying we are at a crossroad here if we side with trump it will go agaisnt some of our ethics however if we side with hillary we are doomed to allow evil to triumph when we had the chance to stop it.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

If I side with either one it will go against ALL of my ethics.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Are you sure that's the right number?

YES I´m positive. Give it a try!

Once someone answers just say: -Trump, I vote Trump.

edit on 2-11-2016 by CrapAsUsual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I wish more people on this planet had the grasp of matters that you do. Playing a numbers game, playing the politics does not work and never did. Those we play against are always better at it than the people in the streets. Vote with the heart, with principle, vote for compassion and honesty, noble virtues, not petty self interest and fear. Petty self interest and fear are what led a nation to this sorry place, and only observance of the other things, heart, principle, compassion and honesty, can ever hope to correct the balance.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
In this country , a vote for a 3rd Party candidate is a waste of a vote. What does it prove? Do you feel good about yourself ? Doesnt put money in the pocket or food on the table.

I know where you are coming from , a good 3rd Party run has always been a daydream for me. Shame the US is set up for the 2 major parties and no more. You would have to take at least a good 1/3 of the votes. And as long as the ignorant masses stay zombies for their Party Lines aint going to happen.

Start educating folks. Open their eyes. Dont do a bit of good complaining here.

A good start to giving third party candidates a shot at the whitehouse would be to vote for them now so that they gain the 15% support required to participate in debates. Until that happens you will always be stuck choosing the lesser of two evils presented to you by the democratic and republican parties.

To say voting for a third party candidate is a waste of a vote is a self fullfilling prophecy. As long as that state of mind is maintained they will remain unseen and unheard.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren
Thanks . My statement should have contained the words "in present times"
But , yes. That was my exact thought.
And I still believe Sanders should have ran as an Independent. Who knows ?

edit on 11/2/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join