It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does WMCTV have a ready to go list of election results???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: Staroth

Good thing some people printed the page...

I did better than that - I have it saved in the format of webpage (complete) which not only maintains the info, but also shows provenance as to source.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Calm down people.

link   
I think the headers are what is incorrect.. likely pre-typed for when they do actually release with 100% of precincts reporting.

This was Florida... there are approximately 18 million adults in Florida.. minus those that aren't eligible to vote and you'd still be lacking a great deal of votes. The totals do not coincide with Florida's population numbers.

Perhaps they are filling them in as it progresses and anything that could be 'pre' populated on these tables was done so to save time upon official release.

link   
Early voting?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
Calm down people.

Everyone appears completely calm to me.

What's your point?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Just listening to Florida news where they said over 4 million have voted early...which comes close to the numbers provided on that webpage
edit on 2-11-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Let's just say that this is nothing more than a placesetter... Whether it was to be seen by the masses and used in this fashion, on purpose or not, this is dangerous.

Here is why (and thanks to Imgr to inspire at this moment):

False Consensus Experiment

In this study, the experimenters asked students on a college campus to walk around carrying a large advertisement that read "Eat at Joe's." The researchers then asked the students to estimate how many other people would agree to wear the advertisement. They found that those who agreed to carry the sign believed that the majority of people would also agree to carry the sign. Those who refused felt that the majority of people would refuse as well.

The results of these experiments demonstrate what is known in psychology as the false consensus effect. No matter what our beliefs, options, or behaviors, we tend to believe that the majority of other people also agree with us and act the same way we do.

-------

The Smoky Room Experiment

In this experiment, researchers had participants sit in a room to fill out questionnaires. Suddenly, the room began to fill with smoke. In some cases the participants was alone, in others there were three unsuspecting participants in the room. In the final iteration there was one participant and two actors, who ignored the smoke and went on filling out their questionnaires.

When the participants were alone, about three-quarters of the participants left the room calmly to report the smoke to the researchers. In the condition with three real participants, a little under 40 percent reported the smoke. In the final condition where the two confederates ignored the smoke, a mere 10 percent of participants left to report the smoke.

The experiment is a great example of how much people rely on the responses of others to guide their actions. When something is happening, but no one seems to be responding, people tend to take their cues from the group and assume that a response is not required.

-------

The Asch Conformity Experiment

The Asch Experiment is another famous example of the temptation to conform during group situations. This series of experiments conducted in the 1950s placed one subject in a room full of actors. The person conducting the experiment held up an image with three numbered lines and asked each person in the room to identify the longest line. The actors purposely chose the incorrect line in order to determine whether the subject would answer honestly or simply go along with the group answer. The results once again showed that people tend to conform in group situations.

-------

And... This isn't the same as the above but it sheds a little light on how we tend to operate under our government:

The Milgram Experiment

This experiment, conducted in 1961 by Yale University psychologist Stanley Milgram measured the willingness to obey authority figures by instructing people to perform acts that conflicted with their morals. Participants were told to play the role of “teacher” and administer electric shocks to “the learner,” who was supposedly in a different room, every time they answered a question incorrectly. In reality, no one was actually being shocked. Instead, Milgram played recordings to make it sound like the learner was in a great deal of pain and wanted to end the experiment. Despite these protests, many participants continued the experiment when the authority figure urged them to, increasing the voltage after each wrong answer until some eventually administered what would be lethal electric shocks.

Similar experiments conducted since the original have provided nearly identical results, indicating that people are willing to go against their consciences if they are being told to do so by authority figures.

----------

Anyone see my point?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: UberL33t

Just listening to Florida news where they said over 4 million have voted early...which comes close to the numbers provided on that webpage

That's relatively close to the numbers shown on that site I would say. To me, this information doesn't resonate as ominous, if anything it's someone being efficient imo.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Couldn't be real votes tallied before the voting is closed.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: ColaTesla
a reply to: Riffrafter

Can you see how many times the email is opened and if it is forwarded?

That could be VERY telling....

Yes - I'm alerted every time it is opened and by whom.

First time may have just been a bot or autoresponder, but it's been my experience when you write to the top person you always get a response.

It may be a mundane "it's just a placeholder for when we do post/show the election results".

But if it is something smelly, my guess is that the # will hit the proverbial fan over there soon in Memphis, TN. Pun sorta intended

We'll see...

My email to the station mgr was just opened 4 times. Once by the station mgr's account and then 3 times in rapid succession by others.

Hopefully I'll get a response soon.

Will keep you posted.
edit on 11/2/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Crap , all I saw was blanks except for the local elections they have already had.....

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Where did you find this link?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This looks like a test run of the reporting software to me.
Notice the exact same percentages in a number of the states 44-40.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I saw this this morning.
I have a feeling they put these things together as a dry run test at stations and networks.
Because most stations are liberal, they almost always show the Dem. winning.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Whoever made it is smoking the good #:

US President Texas
100% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING
> Hillary Clinton (D) 3,171,201 42%
Donald Trump (R) 3,020,193 40%
Gary Johnson 755,048 10%
Jill Stein 604,038 8%

There is NO WAY Hillary takes Texas

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I saw that and thought Really?. If it turns out to be true...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I didn't see the source of this url posted. Whose data is it?

it is sitting on akamai technologies network.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Yes, and it's a very valid point. It can also be applied to every other aspect of this election, past and present, actually.

This page of results looks deliberately incomplete, as if perhaps the numbers reflect the current amount of votes received from early voting and is possibly being updated at intervals. It looks sketchy on the surface, but maybe it's just someone saving time by keeping a running tally...that way they don't have to fill everything in at the end; just plug in the rest of the numbers as they're released. I'm thinking that may be why it's not available by clicking the station's voter updates right now...it's still a work in progress.

Of course, it could actually be just as sketchy as it appears to be, too. I wonder if any other stations might have similar files with incomplete form data..media outlets often use the same methods among them. If it's legit, there should be at least a few more stations out there doing the same thing they are.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Where did you find this link?

Here perhaps?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I saw that and thought Really?. If it turns out to be true...

Just early voting....I don't think she has a chance in hell to win with all that has come out. Her entire campaign team has been outed....she can't claim innocence unless she admits to REALLY bad judgement on picking staff....in which case she should definitely NOT be POTUS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join