It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: do we have proof of life yet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It's been a couple of weeks since Assange's internet access was cut. Do we know for certain that he is still alive & well? I'm looking for "proof of life." Not just e-mails or tweets that are supposedly from Assange, but personal appearances, or something else that establishes that he is not dead, and not under arrest.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
He was on a conference call last week. It's kind of hard to do much else when you're holed up in an embassy and your communication has been severed...
edit on 11/2/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Can somebody sent this guy a Hotbird 9°?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
It's been a couple of weeks since Assange's internet access was cut.

Assange is in the middle of London. He is not dependent on the Consulate's internet. He can connect to myriad wi-fi. He is not out of contact.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
It's been a couple of weeks since Assange's internet access was cut.

Assange is in the middle of London. He is not dependent on the Consulate's internet. He can connect to myriad wi-fi. He is not out of contact.

I'm guessing you see NO security concerns whatsoever with anyone at all housed in an embassy with freely available public WiFi networks eh?

The embassies are retrofitted to disallow just such activity. And technically, he ISNT in London, he is in Ecuador, so he is absolutely dependent on their Carrier. Assange can't step foot out of the embassy, the moment he does, he becomes fair game to Switzerland.
edit on 2-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
The embassies are retrofitted to disallow just such activity. And technically, he ISNT in London, he is in Ecuador, so he is absolutely dependent on their Carrier. Assange can't step foot out of the embassy, the moment he does, he becomes fair game to Switzerland.

Er, he's in London. The Ecuadorian Embassy is in London. London is awash with wi-fi, 3G, 4G and a hundred and one different ways to connect to the internet. I cannot accept that he cannot connect securely connect using a number of techniques. Unless it is a condition of his host is that he curtails these options.

As soon as he sets foot outside of the Embassy he'll be treated like a normal person who is wanted for questioning in for sexual offences. Of course he's not a "normal" person is he, but should that make him above the law?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

As soon as he sets foot outside of the Embassy he'll be treated like a normal person who is wanted for questioning in for sexual offences. Of course he's not a "normal" person is he, but should that make him above the law?

Yeah right....normal...pffft...he is about as normal as Bill and Hillary Clinton...do you think they should be treated like normal people ?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes. How you Americans handle your politicians is up to you. Assange is in the UK. He's subject to UK law at the moment. He'll be arrested and extradited to Sweden to face his accusers.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

How can people possibly beleive this when we all know about wireless internet. If the engineering of internet access was interfered that means that if it was done by Ecuadorean then it was done under the weight of a third party.

Consider these facts, and then consider the odds of Julian Assange being alive:

Hillary wanted to ‘drone’ Assange, wanted him dead.
www.rt.com...­

Assanges lawyer - dead.
www.angrypatri......­

Director of Wikileaks, McFayden. - dead.
www.nytimes.co......­

Seth Rich, top wikileaks informer - dead
heavy.com...­

Pamala Anderson took Julian Assange a meal as apparently he relied on donated meals , Shortly after eating it Assange was taken ill. The media talked all about how Assange was "pale" and "not feeling well"

His "deadman switch" was activated before an armored vehicle showed up at the embassy.

In the wee small hours of the morning after Pamela visited him the Wikileaks DNS Server was pointed to a different IP address for Wikileaks, and GOOGLE updated everything immediately.

Assange's subsequent tweets were noticeably more hostile and attacked his most loyal supporters. Assange's tweets regularly misspelled the names of some of his closest friends whom he has known for decades (Gavin McFadyen became McFayden for example).

Themes supported by Assange for years were then knocked down or discredited by his subsequent tweets and communications. Very bad timing . Many people noticed this, and it showed in the forums and blogs.

New and Unknown moderators suddenly appeared in the Wikileaks forums.

I suggest it would be wise to consider anything from Assange to be sus until we see hi quality close up video of Julian Assange being intereviwed, his voice sounding like him and what he says is consistent with what he has said in the past. A studio interview comes to mind.

The longer we go without something like this more certain we can be that he's dead. If he was alive he would making it known by appearing on the balcony of his room in the Ecuadorean embassy where apparently he appeared very regularly.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Yet I bet he's alive and well. I bet he's on the internet right now. It's worrying that the cult of celebrity means that people must "see" a person to be assured they still going. Three questions pop to mind...

1. If Assange was dead then why keep it secret?
2. What purpose does it serve Ecuador to sit on such news?
3. Is it in Assange's interest to build up a mystique and perpetual victim status?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Granted that should be what happens but as we have seen those in power have different rules, Britain is not immune from this behavior, as for Assange i agree with the poster Azureblue on his stance in this thread i think it highly improbable that Assange is still alive...

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Er, he's in London. The Ecuadorian Embassy is in London.

Er...in case this point may have eluded you, if you are in an Embassy that resides in any country in the world, the moment you step foot into it, you are technically in the homeland of THAT countries embassy...so, no, he is in Ecuador.

London is awash with wi-fi, 3G, 4G and a hundred and one different ways to connect to the internet. I cannot accept that he cannot connect securely connect using a number of techniques. Unless it is a condition of his host is that he curtails these options.

It just doesn't matter if London placed a WiFi repeater right outside the bounds of the embassies' perimeter....the buildings themselves are retrofitted to disallow public network connections...(somehow I feel as though I've said this already), if you can't understand the WHY of that (think no unregulated trading of state secrets) then I really can't help you out in that regard.

Regular person or not....as soon as he sets foot OFF of the embassies' perimeter, he becomes a target that Ecuador can no longer assure his safety.

edit on 3-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

a reply to: Azureblue

Yet I bet he's alive and well. I bet he's on the internet right now. It's worrying that the cult of celebrity means that people must "see" a person to be assured they still going. Three questions pop to mind...

1. If Assange was dead then why keep it secret?
2. What purpose does it serve Ecuador to sit on such news?
3. Is it in Assange's interest to build up a mystique and perpetual victim status?

Thanks
1. so they can take over his site and use it to their own advantage, to put out disinfo and misinfo and attack the credibility of some people who are effective in the independent media. If they can alienate Assange from his few loyal supporters it makes it make it much easier to make him dissapear.

2. Ecuador is a very small country, The US and its vassal states are far bigger and all one the one team, If they decided to lean on Ecuador, Ecuador could hurt bad. Ecuador may in fact be quietly glad that Assange is no longer in their hair.

3.I dont think Assange would be in the business of playing silly buggers, Its not like he needs the mystique and he is not jewish. He plays for too higher stakes for that. He knows that his life is at some risk for exposing past and possibly future presidents of the US and in such an environment he has few friends.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
Its not like he needs the mystique and he is not jewish.

Not sure what Jewish has got to do with this, but probably a Freudian slip on your part. On the mystique front it is in Assanges' interest to promulgate to his followers as much conspiracy and victimhood as he can. It's why there's such panic when he is not actually seen for three hours.

No one is trying to kill him and Sweden won't torture him. He was free work in the UK and will continue to be so. He just does not want to face his accusers in Sweden for the sex offences he needs to answer for. I wonder why?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
Er...in case this point may have eluded you, if you are in an Embassy that resides in any country in the world, the moment you step foot into it, you are technically in the homeland of THAT countries embassy...so, no, he is in Ecuador.

Just to burst this myth. An embassy or consulate compound does not provide extraterritorial status. There are special privileges granted and these are covered under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. In the UK embassies and consulates are governed under further provisions contained in the Diplomatic and Consular Premises Act 1987. Basically the DCPA provides the framework for recognising and de-recognising a diplomatic mission.

So, the Ecuadorian embassy in London is not Ecuador. Assange is in London and in the Ecuadorian Embassy.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
Its not like he needs the mystique and he is not jewish.

Not sure what Jewish has got to do with this, but probably a Freudian slip on your part. On the mystique front it is in Assanges' interest to promulgate to his followers as much conspiracy and victimhood as he can. It's why there's such panic when he is not actually seen for three hours.

No one is trying to kill him and Sweden won't torture him. He was free work in the UK and will continue to be so. He just does not want to face his accusers in Sweden for the sex offences he needs to answer for. I wonder why?

Seriously?

He was willing to get this sorted out, but he would be mad to go to sweden. He would be extradited to america where he will face the criminals he has uncovered.

Anyone who goes up against these criminals, knows there will be a huge price to pay, and he is now paying it.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
He was willing to get this sorted out, but he would be mad to go to sweden. He would be extradited to america where he will face the criminals he has uncovered.

Yes, this is the excuse for not facing his accusers in Sweden. But is that the real reason, or is Assange actually aware that the accusations of rape may stick.

Regardless, it would be more difficult to extradite Assange from Sweden should the US actually go down that route. For extradition from Sweden the UK would need to give consent and UK has a record of not extraditing e.g. Gary McKinnon, Richard O'Dwyer, the NatWest Three. If the US really wanted Assange then they would have got a better chance of seeking extradition from the UK. The excuses raised by Assange are ludicrous, but his followers believe them so they must be legit.

Assange may be hiding behind Wikileaks and the tendency for his supporters to believe anything, in order to avoid a case that he may lose. That will tarnish his saintly reputation and expose quite a different side to his character.

BTW I have no opinion on Wikileaks, but I do have strongly held views on sex crimes in all their forms, including when they involve celebrities. Celebrities seem to get away with all sorts nowadays.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Assange and his team have stated that they were willing to bring closure to this, be they come to the uk or video link, but they were having none of it. Also lets not forget that the whole thing is dubious.

Politically, it eould be hard to extradite assange to usa for political reasons but they could get him with cyber crime or theft.

And lets not forgot smash and crab, which has been done before. America wants him. No one can deny that. So why the hell would he leave the embassy to answer crimes he has not even been charged with.

As for sex crimes with celebs. You do realise also that it works the other way too, and celebs have been wronly accused just because they are famous.

The uk footballer who spent time in jail is a great example of that.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

At the end of the day the American government wants him badly. And being the criminals they sre, i feel they will get him.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
At the end of the day the American government wants him badly. And being the criminals they sre, i feel they will get him.

Nah, we wont get him...we don't need him to be honest, not anymore...besides in comparison to what the FBI is uncovering and Snowden, Assange seems extremely tame.

But OT, Proof of life for Assange? I'm pretty sure RT is releasing an exclusive interview with him that took place yesterday or on Thursday....go to RT and check it out, was supposed to be released today.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Assange has no problem facing his accusers in Sweden, its that strong likelihood that Sweden would hand him over to the US that is concern. They have already had a grand jury on him Virginia where all the defesnse community live. These people are very conservative.

By having the grand jury there it means that any court case against Assange would be held in the same state and any jury drawn from the community would likely be defense people.

Apparently, having the grand jury in Virigina was for this very reason so you can see that the US govt already considers him an enemy of the US govt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join