It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impending Economic Collapse!! will you survive? (TEDx Edition)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

a reply to: Marid Audran

translation : ted talks dont always tell you what you want to hear - ergo they are wrong

ROFLMAO

welcome to the real world kiddies - its not your personal echo chamber

people have different ideas - get over it and try listening - you might learn something

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Innocuous
a reply to: redhorse

The fact that we are social animals goes without saying. It's like having a discussion about thunderstorms and roughly interjecting "THE SKY IS BLUE!"

Sure it is little Timmy, now let the adults talk.

Oh Golly Gee Whiz I'm Sorry Mister. Well gosh I didn't know it was one of THOSE threads. You know the ones that are posted just so the OP can be an asshole to people that are contributing. Boy, you sure shut me up good. I mean I can only be in awe of your clearly superior intellect and perception. (Oh, and it would be Little Tina maybe not Timmy, Captain Assumptive).

I can get that how I tried to make my point was redundant. Okay. My bad. But good grief, get over yourself. I was only trying to say that we survive adverse conditions better in groups than alone. It's how we're wired. Isolation makes us more vulnerable and breeds all sorts of psychological problems that can have a negative impact on survivability.

*Wanders back to the kiddy table for cupcakes.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
That was a contribution? Huh

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Innocuous
That was a contribution? Huh

It's generally considered bad form to insult people that are bothering to post in your thread. It makes it so people don't want to contribute at all. Oh and look, it's just us sniping back and forth off topic now. Go figure. You've actually derailed your own thread now. Good job.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ok
edit on 2-11-2016 by Innocuous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
welcome to the real world kiddies - its not your personal echo chamber

I think you've missed my point (which was - and is - focused on the topic of this thread ... contrary to the context you've applied (which almost sounds like you're a principal investor in their activities)). What was Steinbeck saying when he wrote The Grapes of Wrath?

ted talks dont always tell you what you want to hear

I'm only interested in the truth. So if I'm not getting what I 'want' to hear, what is Ted saying? People seem to have forgotten that a campfire setting is the most appropriate place to tell tall tales. It's all about set and setting. When reality is being portrayed falsely, I look to History for help. Where, in History, do we 'recently' find such efforts?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Innocuous

Stopped in to flag and bump your topic to ease your mind of it not being flagged and starred.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Karen Hudes former senior legal counsel with the world bank recommends that all communities from country level down, starting creating their own currencies

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Thank you!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Innocuous

Stopped in to flag and bump your topic to ease your mind of it not being flagged and starred.

The OPer needs to learn that when someone takes the time to post in their thread ... their job is to put a star on that response whether they like it or not.

Ahhhh ... the unwritten rules of success at ATS. -sigh

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Karen Hudes former senior legal counsel with the world bank

Hudes says some pretty wild things from time-to-time. What if she was 'sent' to us by them?

edit on 5112016 by Snarl because: Typo

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You don't have to tell me twice.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

That is a legitimate concern but for me, I dont think so. In one vid she makes no bones about the fact that she is jewish and married to a jew but I am prepared to accept, that she is fighting the good fight.

she said in one vid i watched that she and he family went to somewhere in Canada I think it was, for a break and they all fell ill at the same time in the same symptoms. she said it was some sort of wave based attack.

I have nothing against people suspecting that some are not on the right side but some times I think the suscpiciousness of them being controlled is a little over the top. They are not all controlled, there are many good people in the world and if we trust some people and we get it wrong from time to time, well thats just too bad, that's life. Mistrusting everyone carries the same risks.

There comes a time in all our lives when we all have to make our own minds up about what we hold to be right and what we hold to be wrong. Nobody ever gets it all right and nobody ever gets it all wrong

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join