It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Black Church burned in honor of TRUMP

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: underwerks

There isn't one lie in anything I posted. When I was in high school the KKK and skinheads pretty much took over our town and held nonstop rallies for 3 weeks and burned crosses on my neighbors lawns.

There isn't one truth in it, you mean.

Sorry, but I have lived here since the 60s. I saw the KKK when they were here in the 70s; was asked to join twice. I turned them down cold both times. Since then, they have been on the decline and now are just a joke.

Where I live we have blacks, Mexicans, whites... just country folk with different skin colors.

You are blatantly lying in your post, and anyone that had to live through the 1990's in the south can see you for exactly what you are.

As I said, I was born here, I was raised here, and I have lived here my entire life. I spent 8 years driving a truck in the 2000's, but even then I was home every other weekend at least. This is my home you're lying about. These are my family and friends you're lying about. This is my culture you're lying about.

Find somewhere else to lie about. I'll call you on it here.

TheRedneck

Lol that you think you're "calling" me out on something. Your experience doesn't mean mine isn't valid. Tell the people I grew up with that didn't have grandfather's and great uncles because they were lynched or hung that racism ended 50 years ago.
Those scars are still felt by the families.

You can shout that I'm lying till you're blue in the face, that doesn't change reality.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

When did I say it ended 50 years ago? It started ending more like 30 years ago, and was pretty much gone something like 20 years ago.

...didn't have grandfather's and great uncles because they were lynched...

I have never lynched anyone. No one I know has ever lynched anyone. No one I know had parents who had ever lynched anyone. If you want to accuse me of lynching someone, file a legal claim and get ready to prove it.

People like you spread these lies and we've tried ignoring them. But they get told enough that everywhere else thinks we still have slave plantations. Here's a few facts you might want to chew on:
  • Slavery does not exist in the South and hasn't since Lincoln.
  • Very few people in the South ever owned slaves.
  • There's a larger percentage of black people in the South than anywhere else I have seen (and I drove a truck, remember?).
  • Folks down here don't go around spouting the "n-word" every time we talk.
  • No one has been lynched around here in my lifetime.
  • I haven't seen a burning cross since the 1980s, and only a couple back then during a rally.
  • My University is probably 20% black... and no one cares.
  • We have black politicians, doctors, lawyers, developers, scientists, engineers... just like I would hope other places do.

Those are facts... the lies you spouted about a place you openly admit having lived in for only a short time are not.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

When did I say it ended 50 years ago? It started ending more like 30 years ago, and was pretty much gone something like 20 years ago.

I have never lynched anyone. No one I know has ever lynched anyone. No one I know had parents who had ever lynched anyone. If you want to accuse me of lynching someone, file a legal claim and get ready to prove it.

People like you spread these lies and we've tried ignoring them. But they get told enough that everywhere else thinks we still have slave plantations. Here's a few facts you might want to chew on:
  • There's a larger percentage of black people in the South than anywhere else I have seen (and I drove a truck, remember?).
  • I haven't seen a burning cross since the 1980s, and only a couple back then during a rally.
  • We have black politicians, doctors, lawyers, developers, scientists, engineers... just like I would hope other places do.

Those are facts... the lies you spouted about a place you openly admit having lived in for only a short time are not.

TheRedneck

Makes you angry I'm talking about in public what a lot of people in the south say behind closed doors, huh?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

While I am sure there are still small pockets of racism, there is nothing... NOTHING... like the racism I saw in other parts of the country while driving a truck. Especially the Northeast.

Have to back your words up with my own. The New England area was rife with anti-black sentiments and it was freely voiced between people ... even in public conversation ... back when I lived there in the '80s. Coming from a Southern upbringing, I have to say it as rather unsettling at times.

Have to say that Idaho gave me the worst vibes though. I've never felt as threatened by 'the mob' as I was in that place. LOL

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

" Police Chief Delando Wilson said police are interviewing witnesses and talking to “a person of interest,” although there are no suspects yet. "

So , the Case is ongoing , Anybody Could be Responsible for this , Anybody . If It Said " Vote Hillary , the Media would be All Over this Insinuating that Trump Supporters were Involved Even without Any Evidence of that even being True . The Reverse Logic would be some Hillary Supporters were Responsible , and leaving a Vote Trump Message was just a False Narrative . Let the Cops First do their Job then Cry Outrage .

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

CNN! lol, nice source!

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Redneck's in some serious denial. He may have grown up in a nice area with good people, but racism is pretty effing strong in the southern states. IMO, the key distinction between some states is some just save it for behind closed doors better than others do.
Look, to say there's no or less cultural racism in the deep south is like saying there's no hospitality like southern hospitality -- it's just complete lie-though-teeth BS. Having moved from Gulf to the Great Lakes, I've had a wake-up call. I see FAR less racism up here, in a MUCH more homogeneous area. WTF.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Redneck's in some serious denial. He may have grown up in a nice area with good people, but racism is pretty effing strong in the southern states. IMO, the key distinction between some states is some just save it for behind closed doors better than others do.
Look, to say there's no or less cultural racism in the deep south is like saying there's no hospitality like southern hospitality -- it's just complete lie-though-teeth BS. Having moved from Gulf to the Great Lakes, I've had a wake-up call. I see FAR less racism up here, in a MUCH more homogeneous area. WTF.

Completely. When I'm talking of racism in the south I'm by no means saying every single place in the south is like that, but it is a big part of the culture in some areas.

I admit, I didn't grow up in nice areas. Everywhere I've lived in the south except for Nashville was rural. I had a friend that even though his girlfriend is Latino and his kid mixed, he won't let his daughter date a black person.

In his mind, its ok if a white guy dates a person of a different race, but not the opposite. Just an example of the crazy ways of thinking that are taught from one generation to the next that people still hold on to.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I don't think people realize how much racism still exists in certain areas of America. I've grown up seeing it firsthand, so things like this really don't surprise me. Come spend some time in the south, live there, and hear what people say and believe behind closed doors.

Racism still exists? Are you sure?!!!

Grow up.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

No, it angers me that you're lying about what people don't do down here.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

That be a whole lot of typing and outrage for a clearly inside false flag operation.. Just some one looking for a quick GoFundMe payday..

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Don't know about Idaho, but just turn on the CB at any truck stop from NJ north... it'll curl your ear-Hairs! And before anybody jumps... the voices saying n***** this, n***** that all have Yankee accents.

I have never heard that kind of talk driving through the South.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I see FAR less racism up here, in a MUCH more homogeneous area. WTF.

It's easy to say there's no discrimination when there's nobody to discriminate against.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: imjack

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: imjack

Oh, come on. I would never vote for Trump, but this was a crime with a political motive.

And Hillary/her supporters are the only ones that stand to benefit from this terrible crime. They already have benefitted from the media attention.

Questioning that as a motive is what would make someone a good detective.

Going straight to that with absolute confidence makes someone a moron.

I edited after you responded to say this: "Until some benefit to Trump/his supporters is shown, then Hillary supporters are the prime suspect(s) because they have the most MOTIVE."

Yeah, in the world of criminal investigations...someone can be made a prime suspect based on motive.

What part of racist people being racist is a less credible motive than Hillary supporters doing a false flag operation to discredit Trump supporters? Why is it that whenever a liberal or a "SJW" is being called out for being "triggered" I don't see you in any of those threads saying that conservatives would have the most motive to plant themselves into groups like this to make social justice people mad? But here we have a case that looks MOST LIKELY like a group of angry, white (probably young adults or even teenagers) racists acting like racists because they feel empowered by Trump's rhetoric yet that CAN'T be the obvious. It has to be this elaborate false flag because you've deemed it illogical that a Trump supporter would act stupidly.

Let's compare Clinton supporter and Trump supporter stupidity.

Most likely an angry southern democrat anyway.

Is this where I point out how Clinton has a lock on college educated people while Trump's support mostly comes from blue collar workers without a degree?

*Young college educated people*

And you say blue collar like it's a bad thing.

If you read that into what I said, that is YOUR fault. I mean zero offense by anything I said. There is nothing wrong with not having gone to college.

Not my fault when most of the time your rhetoric goes, Trump = racist supporters = uneducated blue collar workers.
I mean you jump at the chance to call someone a racist.

Sure. Whatever. Got anything relevant to the thread topic or are we going to keep talking about my posting habits as conservatives on ATS are prone to do with me these days?

Deflect much?

Maybe you shouldn't be so prone to calling people racists because you disagree with them. But as a lefty it can't be helped I guess eh?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Makes you angry I'm talking about in public what a lot of people in the south say behind closed doors, huh?

Sounds like you are behind the closed doors too.

Are you or are you not behind them closed doors?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

TheRedneck

If you're white and grew up where I did you don't have a choice. People believe and say ignorant things when they think they're around like minded people. I've heard it all.

And that's one of the main reasons why I don't live there anymore. I felt like I couldn't continue to not say anything when people would go off on their bs racist rants. It caused a lot of conflict and I lost some friends, but its what needed to happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I am reasonably certain that Trump didn't tell anyone to go burn a church, however he did reach out to extreme right wing and even racist elements who wouldn't blink at taking things over the top, it started when his supporters beat up a homeless hispanic man on a subway in Boston and all he said was his supporters are passionate ,he never tried to nipped this behavior in the bud, he is an enabler.

But more troubling is the amount of posters here who no matter what, go into full auto denial mode when it comes to stuff concerning Trump or Race, when the two are combined then the meme above said it all.
At least with the left, outside of the Beltway establishment know who the hell Hillary is but most unfortunately think there is no viable choice and the best they can hope for at this point ,is to make her accountable while she is in office, I see nothing like that coming from Reps or Cons here, just blind unconditional support.
edit on 2-11-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I see FAR less racism up here, in a MUCH more homogeneous area. WTF.

It's easy to say there's no discrimination when there's nobody to discriminate against.

TheRedneck

Flint & Detroit's just a short drive across the state, dude. Try again.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

TheRedneck

If you're white and grew up where I did you don't have a choice. People believe and say ignorant things when they think they're around like minded people. I've heard it all.

And that's one of the main reasons why I don't live there anymore. I felt like I couldn't continue to not say anything when people would go off on their bs racist rants. It caused a lot of conflict and I lost some friends, but its what needed to happen.

Georgia's always given my skin a good crawl, both visiting there & meeting people from there. They kinda hide it, but kinda don't at the same time. And it's not limited to just being directed at one race, it's back & forth across all of 'em. But what can we expect from a state that still has segregated proms?
edit on 11/3/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I've only visited the south and while there I did not notice any racism.

Up here however, I've seen it equally from all sides and it's very low.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join