It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The most disturbing part of this election IMHO...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
In a nutshell the thing that has been the most disturbing to me is the way people are handing out fake rape and sexual assault allegations as if they were Halloween candy....

It is disrespectful to our elections, our country and to legit victims of sexual crimes...

Just to recap my personal opinion of the chain of events that got us here goes like this..

The billy bush tape airs and with trump already down in the poles he goes with the nuclear option. He brings 4 known frauds to the second debate and tries to sit them in the family box.

Then in retaliation the media decides to let anyone willing to lie on trump to come on the air...

Now we have the biggest hypocracy mosh pit imagainable with both sides saying we should believe their sides liars, but ignoring the opposing sides because " they are obviously lying..."

The worst part is I have literally seen NO public figure call out both sides for being liars...

I have seen the talking heads that pretend we should believe them all, but no one pointing out what we all know..that all the "bad" claims are garbage...

I understand the logic of not wanting to rip those making false claims apart, just in case to might deter a legit victim later.. I just disagree completely...

It is not ok to sacrifice some innocent guy just in case, maybe it might help some real victim come forward later...it would not be ok to ignore a legit victim just in case some guy is falsely accused later..

That is ridiculous.....

The GOP had it right when they laughed a HRC for saying "all accusers should be believed"....all accusers should be listened to and investigated, just like every other crime..

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
S&F

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
As a victim of rape, I've never claimed to suspect whether an accuser was lying or not.

One reason for that is this: I would feel like dirt if I accused them of lying, about something I've gone through myself, to find out they weren't lying. I'd feel like absolute dirt.

However, those women who are proven to be liars and false rape claimers should be punished. They destroy reputations, even after it comes out they were faking, the damage is already done to the other party. It discredits women like me who have been raped, and were too scared, embarrassed, ashamed, and depressed to ever pursue legal action. I just can't stand it.

That and harming children are the lowest of lows in my book.

If any of these women are lying...... May the highest order of shame be upon them. I can't even imagine how anyone COULD lie about such a thing, but it absolutely happens.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The billy bush tape airs and with trump already down in the poles he goes with the nuclear option. He brings 4 known frauds to the second debate and tries to sit them in the family box.

"Known frauds," where did you get this idea? Have you not been watching the news or been on the internet for the last 30 years?

I agree that the entire election has become a mosh pit promoted and controlled by psychotics. Trump brings up the factual past of the Clintons and Hillary appears, from the present information and stories, to have paid off a bunch of a
"actresses" to make false claims. Yeah, it's a joke and I hope they prosecute the people making false claims and investigate any real ones. But no double standards eh, if the law us good enough to prosecute all us little people, it's good enough for the Clintons. The free ride for them is hopefully over.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What I find most disturbing is the publics reactions to this election.

For the most part, what I see, is people making uneducated opinions, based on uneducated/lacking in evidence media propaganda.

The candidates themselves don't even have to sling the mud, the public and media are practically playing in the puddles.

All these allegations and misdirection have lead to the public (At least the public I am personally exposed to.) not even making an attempt to rationalize who is the better candidate.

Aswell, Hillary and Trump are both knee high is piles of mud, everyone is pointing fingers. While the other candidates are, for the most part, being completely ignored as even considerable candidates. Despite them having little to no negative connotations in the public eye, no one is giving them the attention or consideration.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I can't even imagine how anyone COULD lie about such a thing, but it absolutely happens.
-Alee

Mattress girl comes to mind.

My ex-wifes friend / former sister in law got a man sent to prison for a long time due to rape..but she lied. she was angry at him for cheating on her repeatedly, and basically just being a crap boyfriend, so she cried rape and it was handled as such, her word against his, he had a criminal history (drugs), and she was able to get enough "evidence" to show.

She admits it. she thinks it was good because he was a "a-hole"

It happens a lot. more

The "listen and believe" is crap
But you cant just call someone a liar either, thats also crap.

I think a Reagenesque approach is best. Trust, but verify.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I can't even imagine how anyone COULD lie about such a thing, but it absolutely happens.
-Alee

Mattress girl comes to mind.

My ex-wifes friend / former sister in law got a man sent to prison for a long time due to rape..but she lied. she was angry at him for cheating on her repeatedly, and basically just being a crap boyfriend, so she cried rape and it was handled as such, her word against his, he had a criminal history (drugs), and she was able to get enough "evidence" to show.

She admits it. she thinks it was good because he was a "a-hole"

It happens a lot. more

The "listen and believe" is crap
But you cant just call someone a liar either, thats also crap.

I think a Reagenesque approach is best. Trust, but verify.

Christ man, that's sick.....

I got a cold chill from the disgust.

I agree with you, trust, but verify.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: JoshuaCox

"Known frauds," where did you get this idea? Have you not been watching the news or been on the internet for the last 30 years?

I agree that the entire election has become a mosh pit promoted and controlled by psychotics. Trump brings up the factual past of the Clintons and Hillary appears, from the present information and stories, to have paid off a bunch of a
"actresses" to make false claims. Yeah, it's a joke and I hope they prosecute the people making false claims and investigate any real ones. But no double standards eh, if the law us good enough to prosecute all us little people, it's good enough for the Clintons. The free ride for them is hopefully over.

Cheers - Dave

They are known frauds..

Broderick didn't tell anyone until years later, told 2 seperate investigations it never happened and her only proof of meeting bill is an autograph he signed while touring her employer..

Flowers lost her lawsuit, refilled during the election and was paid off to avoid the drama..

This was all publicly litigated in the 90s..when people heard the actual stories it damages the GOP greatly and made the Monica part not look so bad anymore.

It is common knowledge they are frauds..the media just refuses to call any accuser a liar.

top topics

join