It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Defense Minister: 'It's time for our Western partners to decide whom they're fighting'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

"It is time for our Western partners to determine against whom they are really fighting — the terrorists or Russia." - Russian Defense Minister General Sergey Shoigu

The video above sent chills up my spine. Meanwhile, things are humming right along in other theaters:

NATO builds up offensive capability on borders of Russia & Belarus, Moscow to respond – MoD

Russia tells rebels to leave Syria's Aleppo by Friday evening

Turkish army chief holds 'constructive' talks with Russia on Syria: statement

Russian Armada Enters Mediterranean En Route to Syria

I feel like this is all heading toward a crescendo. I know one thing, the video above isn't saber rattling, fearmongering, or idle talk.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I used to look for ww3 threads until all this propaganda.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
the US, (WE) are sending a very convoluted message with promoting ISIS in Syria and Fighting them everywhere else.

It's time to regroup and rethink what is important here, or MOST important here. Russia doesn't want a war anymore than we do, but somebody will have to "be the bigger man" and back down gracefully, or some little mistake could start something quite bad. If you stir the # pot, don't be surprised when some gets on you.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have to say that's funny in many ways, Putin is making hay out of the confusion and the sabre rattling, in some ways he's right, however it doesn't help all the ordinary people caught up and dying in all this. The way the militarists act now, all those ordinarly people may as well be rounded up and executed before the mad dog military go at one another, instead of a horrible death in a bomb blast, or run over by a tank or cut to pieces.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

It should be apparent to everyone how real this is.

Point 1

Russia says resumption of Syria peace talks delayed indefinitely

Point 2

"It is time for our Western partners to determine against whom they are really fighting — the terrorists or Russia." - Russian Defense Minister General Sergey Shoigu

Point 3

Turkish army chief holds 'constructive' talks with Russia on Syria: statement

Russia is still talking to Turkey about the situation in Syria while they no longer are talking to Western countries about it. Also, the Russian Defense Minister just made a very apparent ultimatum to Russia's "Western partners." There are other significant factors, but the points above prove the situation is far beyond propaganda.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

No doubt Russia running their propaganda mouth is real. As far as ww3 no it's not real. Maybe a cold war, but as of right now the Russian economy is gone and putin needs to scare his people into believing in him. Running his mouth won't get the sanctions lifted that's a fact.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I would like to get politicians elected that do what most of the people are screaming for...get out of the middle east. Abandon the bases, just leave, every single place (with the exception of perhaps a officers club in Israel if we absolutely must have a presence), and thats it.

Let middle eastern conflicts play out how they will, and if Russia wants to go and get their hands dirty, let them have it. matter of fact, let them have the entire middle east in exchange for the far east. voila. a world divided, everyones happy, and the russians can deal with the madness while we deal with anime.

Why cant we leave the middle east? we will just state "we will buy oil from the lowest priced nation, thats it...figure it out and tell us your price, else we got texas oil if its too expensive".

not a single redeemable nation over there.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Is it just me or is the quote above reminiscent of...

"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists"

m.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, just so we are clear.... did you just compare the US being asked which group it was fighting, which is a legitimate query considering the origins of IS and other actors in the conflict, and George Bush setting up the War on Terror, which just for clarity's sake was a war against the very proxy armies the US helped create?

Are you really trying to turn this around on Russia? We know who laid the turd, and Russia is having to clear it up. The least you could do is be honest about it!

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Its really clear what the US/NATO Western alliance is doing AS I’VE POSTED 1000 TIMES!

They are following a blueprint that has existed since before 911 (911 was the accelerator) to destabilize 7 ME countries: They’ve succeeded save with Syria and Iran. Iran is still somewhere down the line after Syria.

This operation IS AN OFFICAL US GOVERNMENT COVERT OPERATION SIGN, SEALED AND DELIVERED TO BE CARRIED OUT BY THE CIA AND US STATE DEPARTMENT [ I.E., THE PROMINENCE OF HILLARY CLINTON AND JOHN KERRY] IN CONJUNCTION WITH NATO AND THE US ARMED SPECIAL FORCES MAINLY. (Also with the US congressional committees consultation)

edit on 2-11-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

No doubt Russia running their propaganda mouth is real. As far as ww3 no it's not real. Maybe a cold war, but as of right now the Russian economy is gone and putin needs to scare his people into believing in him. Running his mouth won't get the sanctions lifted that's a fact.

You could be right and you could be very wrong.
I posted this thread in August, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Putin gathered world press in a tête-à-tête earlier in the year. There are no smiling faces there, nor did the meeting get any showing on the mainstream TV media, it turned up on the internet though.
And no, it's not a Putin look a like.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You have to understand that the US government sticks by these COVERT OPERATIONS almost religiously. It’s their guide and standard of operational procedure. Their like a black hole in the US government Deep Operational state….and WILL NOT BE STOPPED!

This is one reason Obama lays back and does nothing in terms of foreign policy. He likely is frightened to go against this COVERT OPERATION. He remembers 11/22/63 the anniversary that will be here soon.

Russia must know this.

Will they go to a world war over these COVET OPERAITONS, I don’t thinks so, I certainly hope not.

Time

WillTell
edit on 2-11-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Crap...it's all crap to build up their failing economy..we will never go to nuclear war because that's the end of civilization as we know it...regardless how many elite have bunkers.

We have 60 + nuclear power plants in the United States...imagine a bunch of them going off line and melting down? Fukishima in two parts of the world..the carnage of even an EMP attack over our country would have grave consequences throughout the world...not going to happen and both the Russian and the US have plenty of balastic submarines and this saber rattling of them moving some updated nukes means absolutely nothing..

This nuke talk is a huge waste of time and energy...

Now the Russian hacking our banking/military/wall stareet system is a more plausible scenario
edit on 2-11-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Being frightened is no excuse. You have ONE life.. I do, he does. Make that one good. He is and has been in a position to do MUCH on many fronts.. he is lazy, useless.. etc.

We have the power to "destroy utterly" ( every man woman child and beast) one another.. the US and Russia. Problem is there are many other countries in the world besides just us. We MUST endeavor to establish a dialog and prevent war.. even proxy wars.. between us. We have been so weak, it must be too tempting to take a bite for Putin. It would be for me. Good thing he is shrewd and offers yet ANOTHER option.
Im no Putin fan.. I know who and what he is. BUT.. I truly do love the Russians and my own Americans. The broken reset button was more prophetic than many thought!

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Crap...it's all crap to build up their failing economy..we will never go to nuclear war because that's the end of civilization as we know it...regardless how many elite have bunkers.

We have 60 + nuclear power plants in the United States...imagine a bunch of them going off line and melting down? Fukishima in two parts of the world..the carnage of even an EMP attack over our country would have grave consequences throughout the world...not going to happen and both the Russian and the US have plenty of balastic submarines and this saber rattling of them moving some updated nukes means absolutely nothing..

This nuke talk is a huge waste of time and energy...

Now the Russian hacking our banking/military/wall stareet system is a more plausible scenario
You do realize a nuke exchange is NOT the end of the world or of our countries, right?? This isnt a cartoon. Weve set off more nukes for testing in this country alone than would be used in a tactical exchange... fear mongering is weakness.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Fear is weak.

But intelligence is not, and the intelligent thing to do, is realise that although you are right, more nukes have been tested on your soil than MIGHT be launched in a nuclear war, a nuclear war would see decades of tests worth of nukes, dropped in the space of a year at most. I say a year, because a nuclear hot war would be...rapidly decided in all probability. THAT concentration of radiation over time, you have NO experience of, and WOULD be devastating in a way that a single detonation over a certain period, would not.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Well, on the bright side, at least they still called us "partners", right?

(looking for that silver lining)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Fear is weak.

But intelligence is not, and the intelligent thing to do, is realise that although you are right, more nukes have been tested on your soil than MIGHT be launched in a nuclear war, a nuclear war would see decades of tests worth of nukes, dropped in the space of a year at most. I say a year, because a nuclear hot war would be...rapidly decided in all probability. THAT concentration of radiation over time, you have NO experience of, and WOULD be devastating in a way that a single detonation over a certain period, would not.

I dont see an exchange being that way. A tactical exchange would be sufficient.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Your definition of tactical is ridiculous then.

I am telling you now, if one nuke gets launched, a whole bunch are going to be launched. The stockpiles are actually in the thousands right now for the big two nuclear nations, and I would be surprised if fewer than a couple of dozen got launched per nation. That would be more than enough to embugger the level of radiation in the atmosphere for the whole world, for a considerable period, and that's assuming that only the most efficient, low fallout, high power nukes are used.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

top topics

join