It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hackers on the ats high risk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i got duped by some1 saying he downloaded a document from here called top_secret.exe when it downloaded i opened it because i was told it was a program it was actually a trojon my computer can now be acessed at anytime yes im using a firewall but it seems to keep exiting so if you see this email address:lil_cris_@hotmail.com do not accept any files!

[edit on 25-1-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Never take files from strangers, especially executable ones.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sorry to hear this Klain but it is a good reminder to everyone.

If a member at ATS is found doing this they will be banned for life absolutely no question about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Can you afford to reset your computer to earlier state?...unless you have backed up files...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Heres a hint. NEVER OPEN A FILE WITH AN .EXE AT THE END. its an executable file that is going to do something(prob. bad) to your puter.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

If a member at ATS is found doing this they will be banned for life absolutely no question about it.

Only banned ?
I'd sacrifice the bugger to Cthulhu and cast him into the outer darkness if they sent me a trojan. Of course I wouldn't run an unknown exe file anyway but its the thought that counts after all.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by John bull 1

Only banned ?
I'd sacrifice the bugger to Cthulhu and cast him into the outer darkness if they sent me a trojan. Of course I wouldn't run an unknown exe file anyway but its the thought that counts after all.

he goes by the name armed and dangerous on msn and i think its the same here nothings lost but hes got access to my computer using a trojen i think it also disables my firwall

might have to format to wipe it

this post is just a warning

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I just banned a member "armed_and_dangerous", who registered on 1/21/05.

I've already forwarded this to SO, we'll look into it, and try to get more information on this guy.

klain, I suggest you download/buy a good anti-spyware/anti-virus program to wipe the trojan off your PC.

Microsoft recently bought Giant Anti-Spyware, its one of the best anti-spyware programs available right now. I have been using it for several months now.

You can download it for free:
www.microsoft.com...

I'm closing this thread for now, no need for a lot of drama about this.
BUT remember, never accept .EXE files from ANYONE.

new topics

top topics

join