It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Am I paranoid? How do YOU know what to believe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This day in age there are so many conspiracies, so much propaganda! Specifically revolving around politics, new world orders, secret societies who "run the real show" ect, ect. Look around ATS, not hard to find what kind of things I'm talking about here today.

I have embedded in my psyche that it is unhealthy to browse the internet, the media, the radio, ect, in search of useful information about society. I find this statement personally ridiculous. I really hate to say that I don't know what to think. I don't know who, or what, or when, to trust information that is being fed to us, by only God knows who.

For the record, I'm not looking for someone to tell me what to believe, or how to think. But it would be nice to know something is true, rather than "Maybe not. Maybe it's this, maybe it's that, we actually don't know for sure." The obvious opposite, as it comes to me, is to view as much media as possible with a grain of salt, and access for myself what I believe to be genuine, or not so.

This distrust of the information stream in our society has grown so deep into my subconscious mind, that even when faced with something factual, or scientifically sound, my mind wonders to "Is this really true, who ran the tests, could they be wrong or have manipulated the facts in some way?"

So my question and main point of this thread is: How do you derive what is true, and what is false? In politics, society, education, or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

Individual perception creates personal reality.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

So my question and main point of this thread is: How do you derive what is true, and what is false? In politics, society, education, or otherwise.

Truth is in the eyes of the beholder

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat

Instinct. Follow it...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

Well , looks as if we think along the same lines

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Trust in percentages-

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

On a micro scale, yes. I think that goes without saying. I have personal beliefs, that stem from no other intelligence than my own, that work well to allow me to function on a daily basis.

Although, In the macro reality sense, I find it much harder to believe things that are being shown to me. I find it much harder to believe these things they say are true, or not.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The maze of mirrors my friend.
False perception, deception and misdirection.
Its that way intentionally.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

It's your innate deep rooted subconscious need to question everything.
This is human. It also alters your perception to some degree.
Who knows what it really does on a subatomic level.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You have a built-in system that requires some attention to realize it's function, and that's what I call a resonator.

If you start to place your attention on some story and you get the feelings you describe, move on to the next. Keep moving until you can absorb information that doesn't make you stop and go elsewhere.

If you feel funky about the information, it's not for you. Good Luck.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The macro dynamics of the cultural construction of reality is based primarily on the "culture" you wish to perceive.

You came here, you will now be influenced by "our" culture. I can only logically conclude that we will help distract you from real concerns, and have you worrying about the reality of your new perceptions.

Welcome.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

You have a built-in system that requires some attention to realize it's function, and that's what I call a resonator.

If you start to place your attention on some story and you get the feelings you describe, move on to the next. Keep moving until you can absorb information that doesn't make you stop and go elsewhere.

If you feel funky about the information, it's not for you. Good Luck.

Good tip.

The specific reason (Though the list is endless.) I'm posting this is that I feel like the truth if very hard, or next to impossible to find for sure, about real issues. Facebook is literally the epitome of false information being shared on what I consider very depressing levels. And the worst part being that millions see this information and just take it, and build an opinion based on it, without any further inquiry.

These types of things make me think, even f I did know what was going on, that it wouldn't matter. Because the majority are absorbing lies, which reflects the the macro reality we all are living in as a whole.
edit on 2-11-2016 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Jehovah has the truth. And his witnesses have been bringing it to you for decades.

It is found in Holy Scripture. Everything that contradicts it is falsehood and from Satan the great liar.

2 Cor 4:4, Isaiah 43:10, 11. John 8:44.

Everything is openly exposed to him with whom we have an accounting.

And everything that is about to happen has already been foretold in prophecy.

If I were you I would get down on my knees and pray in all earnesty to Jehovah the true God to open your eyes to the truth.

I am no one. He is the one that moves all things.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: loveofneighbor

Oh Jesus...

Talk about an infuencing macro reality.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Oh Jesus...

If you want I can tell you what the future holds according to scripture. Of course I don't think you want to hear.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Oh Jesus...

My point to be.

originally posted by: loveofneighbor

Oh Jesus...

If you want I can tell you what the future holds according to scripture. Of course I don't think you want to hear.

Please don't try to hi-jack my thread with this type of stuff, there is a place you can go and post for your own agenda.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

And thus the fetters remain.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

For society and otherwise (ghosts, goatmen, bigfoot, etc), seeing is believing. Education I'd say the same... Politics, that gets tricky. I have no idea what to believe. All I can do, and did, is pay close attention to every debate and every aired rally to form my own opinion without the need for newspapers or today's media because I firmly believe true journalism has taken a back seat. Journalists shouldn't give their opinion about breaking news or politics. Neither should movie stars or musicians, but that's just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

For society and otherwise (ghosts, goatmen, bigfoot, etc), seeing is believing. Education I'd say the same... Politics, that gets tricky. I have no idea what to believe. All I can do, and did, is pay close attention to every debate and every aired rally to form my own opinion without the need for newspapers or today's media because I firmly believe true journalism has taken a back seat. Journalists shouldn't give their opinion about breaking news or politics. Neither should movie stars or musicians, but that's just my opinion.

Definitely a useful insight. I guess the only opinion we should truly trust is our own opinion, and not the public or popular opinion.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
To some degree I distrust everything I read or hear on the internet or on the media (especially the conventional media). Things that are not relevant to my day to day life can be put aside with a big question mark until I can gather more info. Things that I cannot verify for myself.
Then the more I find out about a specific topic, the more I can tip the balance in one direction or another. "it's possible" is the most a conspiracy can get from me. I don't blindly believe anything, but I can recognize that some things are most likely to be real than others.

Like the above poster said, seeing is believing. Or knowing. I can theorize, speculate or even argue about something but unless I know it for sure from personal experience is all in the realm of "possibilities".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join