It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Not OK!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I think there is a difference from calling someone stupid and stating that someone wrote a stupid remark.

So often we identify ourselves with what we say online, so when people state that someone wrote something stupid, it is carried forward as if the individual is stupid.

Frankly, there are just some people I ignore completely.

Others? I search to read. Regardless of their stance. Some "write" better than others and can convey their message with more clarity than others.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

This place is supposed to be made of grownups, not children.

Though I agree, people should behave, thats like an adult telling children to grow up.

Kids don't get that. They do retaliate though in kid fashion.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I would say that people calling it like it is happens to be fair game.

The trouble with all the name calling is, that whether we are talking about Trump supporters, or Hilary supporters, the names being flung around...

Let's just say they are both right, and the only people that none of those insults apply to, are those who are standing there watching people they love, their brothers and sisters who used to know their arse from their elbow but have lost their minds, fight about it, weeping for the absence of sanity and the rape of reason they are witnessing from both sides.

No partisan player has a damned word of complaint they could make, that has any business holding water.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I would say that people calling it like it is happens to be fair game.

The trouble with all the name calling is, that whether we are talking about Trump supporters, or Hilary supporters, the names being flung around...

Let's just say they are both right, and the only people that none of those insults apply to, are those who are standing there watching people they love, their brothers and sisters who used to know their arse from their elbow but have lost their minds, fight about it, weeping for the absence of sanity and the rape of reason they are witnessing from both sides.

No partisan player has a damned word of complaint they could make, that has any business holding water.

This we can agree on. Seeing families and friends turn their faces from each other is a sad situation and seeing how this is where we are now is in itself a facepalm if I've ever seen one. Over a M.F. Election! no less.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think there is a difference from calling someone stupid and stating that someone wrote a stupid remark.

So often we identify ourselves with what we say online, so when people state that someone wrote something stupid, it is carried forward as if the individual is stupid.

Frankly, there are just some people I ignore completely.

Others? I search to read. Regardless of their stance. Some "write" better than others and can convey their message with more clarity than others.

Well said. The problem is, it all gets mashed together and the thread is no longer a decent read. They say don't feed the trolls and this is a true statement but many of us can't resist the bait. Man I'm so guilty of this. Then the thread is derailed and it all goes to pot.... not the kind many enjoy.

What I'm seeing is that sometimes that thread get's thrown into the mud pit even though the original idea of the thread was not meant to be there. The responders push back and forth so the mod has no other choice than to take a thread that honestly had a just purpose with a good read and toss it out with the bath water and it becomes an all out war of words and name calling.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

As far as the election goes, I think things will be worse when Hillary becomes president. The "trolls" will be baying out of delight.

So what should we do to fight the increasing rhetoric?

I think I'm just going to fall back on humor. I've been getting too serious lately. Regardless what any of us say, it won't change anything.

Might as well laugh at everything while we can.

I feed the trolls occasionally. But worse than not feeding them, is not taking them seriously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join