It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Some Of You Seem To Think That ATS Should Be A Safe Zone For Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren

It's been an even less fun place for those few of those that support neither side.

To watch divide and conquer tactics working on even your fellow atsers is somewhat saddening.

It is shocking how much this is dividing people here. This reminds me of the Scottish Independence Referendum, the two sides in that were one of the most divisive things to happen to Scotland, this is a whole different ball game though, it's like the the division from the Scottish Referendum on steroids and pcp...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

The oddity that is this election has everyone talking. ATS, as a microcosm of society, is reflecting that perfectly. Just as in real life where people discuss other topics beside the election, here too there are always a variety of topics to discuss. At this moment, it is hard to find people not talking politics. It is a stressful and pivotal time for this nation, which makes it a topic of conversation for all nations. The whole world is waiting to see what happens as the outcome of this election will affect all of us. It is no wonder that politics have invaded nearly every aspect of our lives at this moment. Every aspect of our lives is about to change, for better or worse will only be known after the fact. It is stressful and anxiety is high among many. A good friend of mine is a psychologist. She said the number of people she sees professionally that are so upset by this election that it is affecting their ability to function has never been this high. As has been pointed out, ATS is not a liberal paradise. There are no safe spaces here. There are no trigger warnings. You are going to see and hear things you do not like. That is the beauty and nature of freedom.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

This isn't a safe space, and it won't work demanding it be one.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

So what,that sounds like an opinion,do you claim this site for Hillary?,are you implying that something wrong with voting for your choice? deny ignorance son,people have a choice,and don't need someone with a biased opinion telling them otherwise,don't be so narcistic

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Interesting post, Kali. I haven't seen what you've seen though... it seems to me that both the Trump and Clinton supporters are quite happy to wallow in the mudslinging pit.

What I have seen though, and what disturbs me greatly, is the demand for a safe zone from all politics, and especially election issues. I signed up to ATS in 2008 when we were required to do so; prior to that I posted anonymously for years. Politicis have always been a big part of ATS' platform. Suddenly, folks seem to be re-writing history and stating it wasn't ever about politics (as if politics isn't the biggest conspiracy of all!) and demanding an end to political discussions... or to perhaps just hide us all away in the dark corners of ATS somewhere.

This has been one hell of an election season. Not exactly "typical" by any standards. And it ain't over yet! But I'll take it any day over enforced silencing of the masses which serves absolutely no positive or productive purpose. Especially on a discussion forum. To paraphrase Tom Jefferson, I will always take the inconveniences of too much freedom of speech over the inconveniences of too little freedom of speech.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Its ok do, there team sucks and there tired of losing, its not easy when your born and told that your team is da best but cant seem to ever win anything of worth.

Its also a very diffuclt job to have, all that fake outrage must take a toll on most of them.

But at least there evolving, they went from calling people commies,hippies, tree huggers, to progressive,sjw, and you cant forget the nazy brown shirts.

Sorry to go off ropic now, but people should invest in crow farms, for people on the left they will make a killing, amd for people on the right, it will be cheaper for that crow breakfest on the morning of the 9th of novemeber.

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

That crow joke just doesn't get old does it?!?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
ATS shouldn't be a safe space only for Clinton supporters or liberals, either. The same argument could be made about them as you're making here. I've been here a long time. I've seen it from the other side, when everything conservative was thoroughly raked over the coals back around the time Obama was first elected and it was acceptable discourse on ATS to accuse anyone who dared disagree of just being a racist. Hell, you still see that one occasionally. So I'm not really sympathetic to the complaining about Trump supporters now. There's plenty of blatant trolling around here from both sides.

At the end of the day, political discussion is a nasty business. That's just the way it is.
edit on 2-11-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Well I disagree with most everything you said there but I have to respect your dedication to civility. I personally don't care about name calling or slinging mud, clearly ...but to delegitamize someone and engage in witch hunting goes too far and to be quite frank I think it goes beyond the internet. I don't like what I'm hearing about real world situations.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Read the thread "son".

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

That is the trick though... there is a segment of society that feels their opinion does not matter, and depending on where you go their ethnicity or sexual orientation will differ.

That is the terrible beauty of the diversity movement... (imo) we are so focused on why we are different we are forgetting what we all have in common, and when you focus only on how different people are you have a hard time unifying.

but either way, I should go get some gas and run a few errands, have a grand day.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Who cares about safe spaces lol. The owners of the forum have the ability to monitor IP's, track them back to their source and determine who might be a directly attached shill and either inform us or ban them. It also appears there are users with multiple accounts and that rule seems like it's not being enforced as well. This applies to both Hillary and Trump shills. I'd like to see some honesty and get rid of all the shills.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

6 more days.

maybe, but I doubt it...
if clinton wins, we will be hearing how she stole the election forever and a day. if trump wins, we will be hearing the left whining about him. and that is probably the best possibility. by what I hear, our gov't is gearing up to suppress the riots that are sure to come our way regardless of who wins.
it's the result of lies piled onto lies for years really... could hillary be a criminal?? ya!! but at the other end of this, trump very well could be into brutally raping 12 or 13 year old kids. the fact of the matter is.... we shouldn't be voting for either of them and to do so is dishonorable to the office of the presidency.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Wonder what triggered this thread, could it be that Trump is up in the polls and they can no longer hide the fact that Trump is winning YUGELY?

He has gained a slight advantage to his dismal ratings a week or so ago but he is still behind when you look at the big picture of the voting map of the USA

On topic this election has bought out the worst of society from both the right and left camps

Neither candidate deserve the position of power they are after

edit on 2-11-2016 by Whereismypassword because: iPad error

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Who cares about safe spaces lol. The owners of the forum have the ability to monitor IP's, track them back to their source and determine who might be a directly attached shill and either inform us or ban them. It also appears there are users with multiple accounts and that rule seems like it's not being enforced as well. This applies to both Hillary and Trump shills. I'd like to see some honesty and get rid of all the shills.

Cheers - Dave

We have members here with multiple accounts?
This is the first I've heard of that.--Seriously.

That needs to be corrected.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Those who would seek to turn neighbor against neighbor should be seen as the true enemy of a free and United States, for their cause can surely not have the best interests of the people in mind.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

They're both crap. The two most unpopular Presidential Candidates in history and amazingly they seem to also be the most polarizing and cultish as well.

Sorry folks... It doesn't matter which one wins in six days because the fact of the matter is that no matter which one does, 99.99% of the people who can read these words are going to end up losing either way.

⬆️⬆️ Very good explanation of the way the rest of the world is feeling watching the fiasco unfolding in the states 😕

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

So melodramatic. Sure there will be much drama to come, but it won't be nearly as bad as it is currently. I have faith that our country is stronger than that. Plus more often than not, internet rage doesn't translate to real rage.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

For some reason, I kind of enjoy the echo chamber/circle jerk. There is a bit of satisfaction in throwing off their rhythm by introducing them to things that do not fit their tunnel-visioned world view. Just by introducing simple things like facts or asking for proof of what they claim can cause their train to derail. That's fun.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I would hope, no matter how much personal enjoyment you get from these proceedings, that you understand that the status of these people as divided against their fellows, is absolutely detrimental to the cause of freedom, liberty and justice? I would hope that you also understand that as much fun as you are having, these things, this division is something which must end.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I like catching them in hypocrisies. Some guy posted a thread earlier today showing the ABC poll with Trump ahead by +1 so it was fun pointing out how after weeks and months of poll denialism suddenly its ok to trust the polls.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join