It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Some Of You Seem To Think That ATS Should Be A Safe Zone For Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
No sanctuary zones. That's why I voted Trump.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Gryphon66

6 Anti_Trump posts in approximately 1 month. Only 1 non Anti-Trump in that same time period. Whats up ? Sore from getting that butthurt feeling much , are we ?
And just call me hemorrhoid cause I am a pain in the a** that just wont go away. To ProgLibs.

You're not even an itchy spot.

You are right. Maybe time to take the kid's gloves off , huh ? After all ,l I was a progressive Liberal for nearly 40 years, I know their underhand tactics as well as they do....

No, as a matter of fact, why not come back into the real world where people have different opinions about things and argue based on the facts not catchwords.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Kali74 does have a point.
Although that (witch hunt) thread was the funniest thread I have seen on ats

Gryphon66 was the only one who didn't jump ship for a bit when Comey announced the investigation was reopened into Hillary's emails. much respect

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
They are circling Kali...Don't drop to their standards.

Kali starts off by calling Trump supporters idiots with infantile minds...and you suggest he not drop to "their" standards? smh

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
They are circling Kali...Don't drop to their standards.

It's comments like that which divide us...and polarizes frank discussion.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Kali74

I may think you and some of the others, are misinformed, ignorant or just flat out wrong on some things...

But a paid shill nope, never... I have called a few who only post political inflammatory rhetoric purely on one side shills, but these are people that are newer than even me, and never deviate from anything other than political posts.

If I have called one of the long time posters a shill I do apologize, but I do not think I have.

Thank you for that breath of fresh air. I've never called anyone on this site a shill lol. Jerks, idiots etc... but not shill.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

6 Anti_Trump posts in approximately 1 month. Only 1 non Anti-Trump in that same time period. Whats up ? Sore from getting that butthurt feeling much , are we ?
And just call me hemorrhoid cause I am a pain in the a** that just wont go away. To ProgLibs.

You're not even an itchy spot.

You are right. Maybe time to take the kid's gloves off , huh ? After all ,l I was a progressive Liberal for nearly 40 years, I know their underhand tactics as well as they do....

No, as a matter of fact, why not come back into the real world where people have different opinions about things and argue based on the facts not catchwords.

Maybe I have low intellect as I dont understand. Comes from years of being told what to do and say and how to think by the Party...
Feels good to be my own person now

ETA - And a bit incorrigible . See , I am beginning to be able to use multi-syllable words and know what they mean again...

edit on 11/2/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/2/16 by Gothmog because: to add

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Frank discussion? like yesterdays outing? did you see the thread?.
It was an unjustified lynching...
The only lynching which is deserved is Clintons and Trumps.

edit on 2-11-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
As to the 'paid shill' accusation part of the discussion here, I don't think we have many here...but we both know they exist.

Partisan long-term members and members present here before the campaign process began are never suspect...at least in my book.

I've been here for many years...reasonably consistent in my political thinking...and have often been called a paid shill by Clinton supporters here.

For the record, I wouldn't take payment from anyone for expressing my 2 cents...That cheapens and invalidates it's authenticity IMO.

BTW: I think your opinions are authentic, as well. I respect that...even though we often disagree politically.

And vice versa.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

This has been an actual safe space for the Trumpier folks - and not as much fun for those working the other side of the street

It really hasn't been a safe haven for either side. Maybe you feel it's hard work because you're trying to defend the un-defendable?

And while you're 'working' for the Clinton side, I think all the Trump supporters are just volunteers...

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

The ultimate point is this... people are just posting their opinions. They aren't being paid to do so. Right, wrong, stupid, smart, mean, nice... it's genuine.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

It really hasn't been a safe haven for either side. Maybe you feel it's hard work because you're trying to defend the un-defendable? And while you're 'working' for the Clinton side, I think all the Trump supporters are just volunteers...

Hillaryous

:-)

Can't touch this djz3ro

I'm not coming at this from a defensive position

If Trump makes this work out in his favor - I will take my lumps and move forward with the idea that it takes all of us to make this country work for all of us

When I look at an actual list of actual accomplishments on the Ms. Clinton side of things? The choice is obvious

Good luck fellow citizen. Good luck to all of us

edit on 11/2/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: actually...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here's the thing on idiots...

kali, Truebrit, heff and a small pocket others see it. there's no winners this time.

We all loose, even outside of the USA.

If you believe otherwise then your truly an idiot in the literal term.. hell they even have a very special category of idiot for this amount of idiocy on a national scale.

"useful idiots"

so yes.. it boggles the mind when you see a long time member that has proven to have a rational ethos suddenly turning rabid because someone dissed their 'team' you have to stop after a while and say "somethings wrong here"

And.. is the crux of this thread.. ATS, before this crapcycle of an election started.. had a motto, an ethos.. we disagreed, debated.. even got a bit snippy at times.. but we all ended up with a new understanding about topics that were wide ranging and stimulating.... now it's all just trump/hillary.. with the odd side topic that also quickly gets infested with those two evils in a very short timespace.. you've ruined ATS, and what it once was.. hell you idiots have screwed the entire internet with partisan dribble that's not going to change the fact that were ALL screwed unless you own your own jet and have a place to run too after the election till the fires die down.

I'd like to say "can't wait till it's over then we'll get ATS back" .. but i cannot.. lines have been drawn obviously and folks have long memories.. this won't just fade away after next week.. it's most probably get a lot worse.

What would have been great.. and i realize this amount of venom/hate couldn't have possibly be foreseen, was if the admin separated the political into another forum entirely (like BTS) and leave the rest of us to enjoy the site as it once was.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

This has been an actual safe space for the Trumpier folks - and not as much fun for those working the other side of the street

It really hasn't been a safe haven for either side. Maybe you feel it's hard work because you're trying to defend the un-defendable?

And while you're 'working' for the Clinton side, I think all the Trump supporters are just volunteers...

It's been an even less fun place for those few of those that support neither side.

To watch divide and conquer tactics working on even your fellow atsers is somewhat saddening.
edit on 2-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I want to take a stab at something, not a justification for why people are acting this way but possibly a reason behind some of the behavior.

I am 43 years old, and I have noticed a growing trend as I have gotten older... as a straight white male, the media has been beating a drum for some time that I don't count because I am part of the problem. Now most of my adult life has been fairly insulated being in the military and then in military related civil service, but I have noticed what seems to me like negative portrayal of folks like me on TV shows, or in the news.

Now imagine for many years people like me felt you could not be yourself because you were being painted as part of the problem so you repress a lot of the frustration, and struggle through trying to live the dream wondering if your voice will ever matter.

Then along comes a presidential candidate that seems to speak to you (truth does not matter here folks perception is the truth), seems to tell you its ok to speak your mind and be yourself. So finally after 10,20,30 years of repression you let it out... it may not be pretty but you feel you can finally be honest. So these people are happy they are relieving a great deal of pent up stress, and they see what appears to be (remember perception is the important part) collusion to attack the guy that said they can speak their minds... so they go on the attack to defend him.

I am not saying its right, I am not saying they are innocent... but possibly we should look at the environment that came before that fostered so much anger and frustration.

Or I could be a couple fries short of a happy meal... I dont know, just some rambling of a guy trying to avoid doing his homework that is due in 16 hours.

eta: I try to conduct myself in a mostly civil manner because even though my mother has passed, I have no doubt even from the great beyond she would make me cut a switch if I got seriously hostile over a difference of opinion, I dont always succeed but I do try.
edit on 2-11-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Its ok do, there team sucks and there tired of losing, its not easy when your born and told that your team is da best but cant seem to ever win anything of worth.

Its also a very diffuclt job to have, all that fake outrage must take a toll on most of them.

But at least there evolving, they went from calling people commies,hippies, tree huggers, to progressive,sjw, and you cant forget the nazy brown shirts.

Sorry to go off ropic now, but people should invest in crow farms, for people on the left they will make a killing, amd for people on the right, it will be cheaper for that crow breakfest on the morning of the 9th of novemeber.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I would say that there has been far too much partisanship here of late in general, and it never fails to irk me in the streets, but here, in this rarefied atmosphere full of experienced debaters, thinkers, and conspiracy watchers, I expect better.

I expect this membership to observe as its first obligation, unity between members, loyalty to the ideal of denial of ignorance, and above all things, a willingness to see things as they are, not as propagandists insist that they are. In short, I expect wisdom as a minimum, in an environment where genius used to be common. We must be a bastion, a beacon of hope in a time when reason, rationality, and even the concept of community are collapsing. We must be more prepared to unite together, than the forces ranged against us are to divide us.

I never thought to see a time, when members of this website would routinely display that the propaganda on either side of the political divide, is working so perfectly as to infect even this august membership. It used to be that even the right wing here was advocated for by those who would refuse to buy a lie no matter its source, when the left was advocated for by those who refused to accept a loss of liberty, when there were things that united all of us, left and right, conservative and liberal. I remember a time when the truth affected opinion, and it seems not to now.

That is concerning in the extreme.

A star just wasn't enough. You took many sentiments right out of my mouth with this post!

-Alee

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Good luck fellow citizen. Good luck to all of us

Thank you, I think we're all going to need it whoever wins and to you my friend. Though I'm a citizen of Scotland, I find this fascinating to watch...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wonder what triggered this thread, could it be that Trump is up in the polls and they can no longer hide the fact that Trump is winning YUGELY?
edit on 2-11-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Touche!

You are very correct, my apologies!

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join