It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Some Of You Seem To Think That ATS Should Be A Safe Zone For Trump

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Mitmein

Trump likes or used to like P***y like grandma does. If he were a rapist you would have heard of that in the last 40 years so why are you hearing about it only now?

Have a look, interesting video:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: intrptr

In reality ATS is 1-6 hours ahead of the MSM. If you follow along, you get a true glimpse of just how watered down and biased the MSM really is.

The ATS I know and love is gone... insane. It used to care about the injustice, the wars, the environment, lots of things. Its been hijacked.

Now it just spins on and on about which celebrity puppet is going to MC the Circus.
edit on 4-11-2016 by intrptr because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: JinMI

In reality ATS is 1-6 hours ahead of the MSM. If you follow along, you get a true glimpse of just how watered down and biased the MSM really is.

The ATS I know and love is gone... insane. It used to care about the injustice, the wars, the environment, lots of things. Its been hijacked.

Now it just spins on and on about which celebrity puppet is going to MC the Circus.

The ATS you knew and loved was gone a long time ago. But it's not a reflection of the Forum itself or the people who own it; it's a reflection of the people who frequent it that have changed. (For all I know this could well be what you mean anyway)

People, for so long now, have been focused on what's happening with the Kardashians; what the outcome will be of Brangelina; how many upskirts and wardrobe malfunctions have taken place week by week; Game of Thrones; Bachelor; Housewives of -fill in your city here-; Xbox; PS4; Facebook fueds; Instagram fueds; snapchat fueds; twitter fueds; celebrity twitter fueds; twitter wardrobe malfunctions; twitch streams; twitch wardrobe malfunction streams; google; autocorrect anamolies-

With all of that to keep people busy; with all of that to keep people distracted-

How can you imagine that the ATS you knew and loved could possibly ever remain the same? How could you imagine that the real-world issues that need to be addressed by an informed population could take focus or even be important? Where would this informed majority come from?
edit on 4-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

The ATS you knew and loved was gone a long time ago. But it's not a reflection of the Forum itself or the people who own it; it's a reflection of the people who frequent it that have changed. (For all I know this could well be what you mean anyway)

The forum I thought wouldn't allow repetitive subject matter, clogging the site with same subject main stream dogma. I turn to any tv channel and get the Hillary Trump smack talking, then see the same thing here. It does put me off the boards, lately. I do hope it changes back to alternative website after the election.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

It will, I can almost guarantee you like clockwork, as soon as the election is over, people will go about their usual business of decrying all the choices made afterwards

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Almost isn't a guarantee. We'll see.

In one subroutine running in my head nobody cares after the election because look, the Reichstag is on fire.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

What a cliche post.

Every mind is made of "self-states", because each experience we have occurs in a different context i.e. activates a different need. It becomes "reflexive" to be in one state over another state - and this is simply our brain 'choosing the easiest i.e. less anxiety-inducing state to deal with the present situation. You, Me and everyone who has ever existed, are made of self-states, for instance, I can sense the various self-states that motivated the production of this post.

Most basically there is fear. Fear that what I am writing - and its basis in biophysical reality (its based in science, ala, it is science i.e. most probable reality) triggers a 'trickster' state that compels you to manipulate the information (my post) in a way that represents me in a negative way. Most generally, there is the "idealized" self - the conscious one you eagerly identify with - and the shadow self - the part of you which holds your fears, anxieties, and the amorphous 'secret truths' that every brain knows about itself.

The progressive is in a psychological situation - thanks to the culture they grew within - that is less dissociative i.e. less unable to acknowledge the reality of co-dependence, and so, to give primacy to the community, nurturing, care, support, above the values of the individual, his egotism, his restless need to dominate, and the problems in society it creates.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I have to ask, why are you here? Conversing amongst us plebes? My ilk of blue collared workers may not in fact hold a pricey degree but we happen to build everything that contains your existence.

See what happens when people speak (or write) with exaggerated emotion? They make false claims. You do not build anything that "contains my existence". My existence happens thanks to my body - which you don't build. You seem to attribute way, way too much importance to the things and materials of living in this world.

Second, while I appreciate their efforts, they have to acknowledge and understand that you ARE what you DO. You want to pretend that your consciousness and personality isn't embodied and embrained and so subject to the same material dynamics of everything else. If you DO something - say, work at a job all day - your brain becomes an expression of that activity, as well as any other activities you engage in. In other words, you become 'specialized' for the activities you frequently engage in.

Humility i.e. self-awareness, means internalizing and accepting that academics - or scholars - or people who read and write about subject and debate that subject with others - have a specialized and highly complex relationship to their subject matter, which means that their brains have become 'specialized' for knowing a particular subject in a complex and sophisticated way. If this is mechanics of a car, an intelligent human defers to the mechanic; if the body, an intelligent human defers to a doctor; if the mind, the intelligent human SHOULD defer to those people who study the mind i.e. psychologists, neurocientists, philosophers etc; basically anyone who has done the work i.e. read and learned about their subject matter, could count themselves as competent to talk about something.

If someone cannot see what Donald Trump is, it must be because that person is essentially unaware of the motivations for why they act as they do. If you can't see the social needs or the feeling needs that propel your mind to talk positively about Donald Trump, you are someone many times removed from the reality that scientists and social-scientists - vast majority of whom are progressives/democrats, study day in and day out.

In anycase, if Donald Trump is to be, I cannot say anymore than: "there is an uncomfortably high probability that he will destroy the conditions underlying your prosperity, and bring about a situation of great suffering and trauma for America and the world".

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Nice try. What I do to make a living for myself and my family. In that respect is the only connotation on which your premise stands. What comes from that varies from the mobility that moves your from place to place right to the device you happen to be typing this pretentious drivel from.

You see I'm a CNC Machinists. Everything that comes from my work will come to cross your path in some way, this is certain given the way your write. I don't see you living in the Buddhist hills. As being such a blue collar worker, I have a strong affinity to deny the TPP and ACA. Something Democrats seem to unwillingly want to shove down my esophagus. No thank you.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Do you honestly think that throwing in more language that amounts to nothing, actually gives your diatribe all that much more credibility? Or is it you believe that there aren't enough people online who have the ability to process those words in a fashion that is recognizable to them?

Either way, *I* didn't cast you in an unfavorable light, you did that all on your own. I didn't cherrypick elements of your response to suit any particular need, simply broke it down into palatable parts for clarity.

While we're on the subject, how can MY post be cliché when I only made that post once? I would think that if I keep making that post time and time again, one could consider it cliché, but nope.... just the once.

Being a writer is one thing, being intentionally obtuse is another....don't you think it would have simply been easier to say, Trump sucks don't vote for him? You seeming to be left-leaning could certainly appreciate the lesser impact to the environment that the need to exude less power from an already over-taxed grid system might have otherwise incurred.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
**Walks into thread**
*Looks around*

!Yikes!

**Runs away**

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Almost isn't a guarantee. We'll see.

In one subroutine running in my head nobody cares after the election because look, the Reichstag is on fire.

Yeah. Almost is one of those words like virtually "Almost home", "Virtually fat-free", their usage in a sentence seems to convey a meaning the exact opposite of what was intended.

ETA: That now I CAN guarantee, after the election it will return to the status-quo (ive just received word from on high - no I don't mean ATS staff, I mean, of course, Yahweh)
edit on 4-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
**Walks into thread**
*Looks around*

!Yikes!

**Runs away**

Nooooooo! Don't go!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I'm trying to sort this out . . .

You say:

Humility i.e. self-awareness, means internalizing and accepting that academics - or scholars - or people who read and write about subject and debate that subject with others - have a specialized and highly complex relationship to their subject matter, which means that their brains have become 'specialized' for knowing a particular subject in a complex and sophisticated way.

And then:

. . . you are someone many times removed from the reality that scientists and social-scientists - vast majority of whom are progressives/democrats, study day in and day out.

Let's cut to the chase.

Basically, you're saying that there is this intellectually incestuous cult that regularly; "day in and day out", as you say, engages in the academic equivalent of a circle jerk . . . and us common folk should "humble" ourselves in the face of such obviously superior intelligence?

Yeah . . . I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

What about a combat soldier?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Plebe

By internally accepting academics and scholars, one does not need to fear any violence being brought upon them, so says history. /sarc

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Ah so that allows them to ignore the nasty sword people ...So much to learn about alien cultures...

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: Kali74

Ok you're an idiot for supporting a lifetime criminal . For supporting a woman who openly HATES all Americans . For supporting a woman that thinks she is above the laws of the American people . For supporting a woman who says one thing in public and does another behind closed doors.

I honestly feel only an idiot can back this excuse for citizen .

And you are a complete idiot for assuming that because someone dislikes Trump, it means they are a Clinton supporter.

But then again, it's that black/white worldview so typical of Trump's crowd that shows a lot his supporters are complete idiots as well.

And is exactly the sort of mentality that makes it impossible to actually engage in adult, rational debate with.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Simple deductive reasoning. They don't need your kind...until they do. Take from it what you will.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Indeed SO...

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join