It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Some Of You Seem To Think That ATS Should Be A Safe Zone For Trump

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There are plenty of negatives for Trump. He's uncouth just for starters.

lol . . . yeah I wouldn't want to be tasked with trying to argue he wasn't uncouth. And as you know from another thread their are other issues I'm in disagreement with him on.

But overall, to borrow Anne's metaphor, He's a shark, and of the two, he's most closely, on the issues that matter most to me, swimming in the direction I want to go.

edit on 2-11-2016 by imwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

He is a Super Proud Blow-heart, Insane, Buffoon.....

I can't argue with that either.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: muzzleflash

As far as I can tell, the only direction Trump and Clinton are going is down into the gutter to eat each other alive.

It's sad that issues like our transportation system, energy policies, taxation, geopolitics, environmentalism, water quality, education, etc have almost nothing to do with this entire election cycle.

Absolutely true!

This is an election of popularity without the benefit of actually addressing real-world issues. But then again, think about that for a moment....if someones (or a group of someones) aim was to keep the collective too busy with inconsequential so they could get what they wanted, they certainly would be achieving it with this election cycle.

That's exactly what is going on here.
And you're right, they certainly are achieving it (with ease).

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

This is the first time, I think, that the nominal right has figured out how to cash in on their end of the low information voter phenomenon. Combine that with all the people who do think, but are tired of being stepped on, and it's enough to put him over the top.

That the establishment GOP seem to hate him more than the opposition, is his biggest selling point, to me. At any rate, I think Hillary is done. Her supporters are backstroking as quickly as they can. It is more than a little ironic, that the Chicago Tribune was the first major left media, to stick a fork in her.

My prediction is that she won't drop out. She will lose by some "fair" margin, and deliver a gracious concession speech. Everyone's secrets will be kept....aside from a few heads, which must roll, to appease the public. And she won't go to prison.

Michael Moore, whom I generally despise, has it right though. The Donald is a proxy for None-of-the-Above, and a big Frack You to Washington. TPTB are backing and filling and renegotiating now.

Just my opinion, of course.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
a reply to: ketsuko

There are plenty of negatives for Trump. He's uncouth just for starters.

lol . . . yeah I wouldn't want to be tasked with trying to argue he wasn't uncouth. And as you know from another thread their are other issues I'm in disagreement with him on.

But overall, to borrow Anne's metaphor, He's a shark, and of the two, he's most closely, on the issues that matter most to me, swimming in the direction I want to go.

Trump has one interest. Trump.

Have you followed anything about his charity and business dealings.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

A statement that contradicts itself.

Trump received the most Republican primary votes in election history and he's considered "unpopular"?

It's not contradictory at all. Overall unfavorables and how many votes are cast are not at all the same thing. Especially this year when many, many people seem to be holding their noses as they vote.

Currently Trump sits at 58.9% unfavorable - with favorables of 38.1 and Clinton is a close second with 53.6% unfavorables - with favorables of 43.9.

Again - favorable and unfavorables are not at all the same thing as "number of votes".

ETA: Coming back to my original point. Trump and Clinton have posted the highest unfavorables in the history of the US.

They are the two least appealing candidates we've ever been forced to choose between - despite how fervent those in their personality cults happen to be.
edit on 11/3/16 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Anyone familiar with my posts should realize that I enjoy political debate that gets a little muddy. Sometimes an idiot should be called an idiot. The last few months however have been increasingly disturbing. Perhaps many of you have been spoiled to the self proclaimed bastion of free speech at /r/the_donald where people get banned if say anything even slightly negative about Trump. Maybe. Or maybe that's just the infantile mind of Trump supporters in general.

I want Trump supporters to realize that ATS is not meant to be circle jerk, there are long time members as well as new members that are liberal or left leaning... we are a very small but vocal minority here... kind of like Trumpsters in real life.

I've seen way too many people here lately act shocked, appalled and offended down to their toes that anyone dare say bad things about Trump. You aren't entitled to safe space here and frankly I wonder why you would bother posting here at all when you don't value discourse.

As opposed to people like you who think it should be a place to relentlessly bash Trump without anyone countering you?

On almost every day/occasion you open up ATS,the main topics that show up are pro Clinton anti Trump.

People like you are now hitting out this way because Clinton is being exposed re her email scandal that just won't go away.

It's actually quite sad which ever way you go, Clinton or Trump, that rather than people choosing a candidate to vote for based on what's best for their country they are basing who they support and who they'll vote for on the nonsense in the media which creates their perception of who they like and dislike.

Disgraceful.
Americans should be stripped of the right to vote for a leader and that right should be given to the rest of the planet seeing as how the actions of American presidents have impacts all over the world and obviously Americans aren't capable of selecting and voting for competent people.

Just look at where the world is today in comparison to the year 2000. The Middle East is in flames and on the verge of breaking out into full blown all out war, we are on the verge of war with Russia and China..
Terrorism has increased many times over since the "war on terror" started, mainly because while often pretending to fight terror the USA is actually funding arming training and moving terrorists around to fight their proxy wars.

The one world power that's actually bombing the terrorists to stop them and wipe them out is Russia, and they are being demonised for their efforts.
Efforts aimed at putting an end to the stupidity of American foreign policy, which Hilary had a huge hand in arming the terrorists in Libya for example(hence why the Benghazi massacre was allowed to happen).

Trump may not be perfect he may not even be fit to be Pres, but your alternative is far far far worse and has the track record in office to prove that.
Are there any arernatives to Trump and Clinton?

Maybe instead of being fanboys and fangirls of those two look to any other "third" parties?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

I see your point. :/

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex
It's actually quite sad which ever way you go, Clinton or Trump, that rather than people choosing a candidate to vote for based on what's best for their country they are basing who they support and who they'll vote for on the nonsense in the media which creates their perception of who they like and dislike.

Worse, it seems we're voting based upon who is the least criminally liable.

No, we shouldn't be stripped of our voting privilege, as you've suggested, I will counter that with "opinion"....everyone thinks they've the right to an opinion....I honestly disagree with that...I think we should be stripped of the idea that we have the right to an opinion. I think we have the right to an informed opinion, I just don't see it viable that we have the right to be ignorant.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Kali74

It's not "discourse" when Liberals keep telling us what a monster Trump is, while ignoring and defending what a criminal Clinton is. I have heard nothing but excuses when it comes to Hillary, like you all aren't hearing and seeing the same things the rest of us are. You almost literally say "Nothing to see here", while doing your damndest to dig up any little thing you can find on Trump. Is he an asshat? Oh yeah. I'll admit it. Now, can you admit Hillary is a criminal ?
Or will you all continue to use the usual double standard?

Sure I could admit that, if you can put forward the evidence for it, for this statement that Trump supporters always make.

Let's see it.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

They are the two least appealing candidates we've ever been forced to choose between - despite how fervent those in their personality cults happen to be.

if you watch closely, (or from afar) you might see that most people are anti-the other guy, and much less pro-their guy. And there is a reason for that, as you mentioned, they are both horrible choices. It just so happens that one is much more horrible for a number of reasons. So we will have a rough time regardless of who sucks the least. IF anything positive can be said about it, at least the corruption of the WHOLE GOVERNMENT that ATS has been discussing for years is finally out in the open and move from conspiracy theory to fact. Weather that is a good thing or not remains to be seen. (IMHO)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I see your point. :/

I don't care what you see or don't see.
I said ALMOST, might want to take things in context instead of making a half truth to suit your self.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

A literal screen shot that can be easily verified as factual by a simple, single click referred to as a "half truth" by a person decrying biases while embracing their own.

Pretty much sums up 2016 in a nutshell.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Worse, it seems we're voting based upon who is the least criminally liable.

No, we shouldn't be stripped of our voting privilege, as you've suggested, I will counter that with "opinion"....everyone thinks they've the right to an opinion....I honestly disagree with that...I think we should be stripped of the idea that we have the right to an opinion. I think we have the right to an informed opinion, I just don't see it viable that we have the right to be ignorant.

If the Republicans are so against Trump why did they let him stand as a candidate and even nominate?
Why didn't they kick him out of the party before he nominated in the republican race?

What I see is two mega rich people running for office. Mega rich people who are out of touch with the reality that is every day living and struggles for the majority common people.
When was the last time a rich person in office made a decision that benefitted the poor or was socially mindful?

Here in Australia we have a multi millionaire who lives in a mega luxury mansion on Sydney harbour running the country.
They've hit the welfare system, to repair the budget.
Meanwhile the mega corporations and wealthy pay zero tax. I think the figure was about $50 billion annually that the budget misses out on from the elites skimping on their taxes.
Instead they've decided to go after the rest of the country to make up the shortfall.

We are being given candidates to elect into office who don't represent us or our interests.
It's bull#.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

A literal screen shot that can be easily verified as factual by a simple, single click referred to as a "half truth" by a person decrying biases while embracing their own.

I never clAimed that today what I claimed was evident or that it was the case every day. I said most days.
And with the Hilary email scanda blowing up again, well that's obviously going to get a lot of attention.

Now get over it Clinton paid troll.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Heff, it IS a half-truth in that it is only posing one side of an argument and not addressing the content of what was previously posted. That makes him right...you are leaning to make a point in one direction without showing the other side.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

poor form.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If the Republicans are so against Trump why did they let him stand as a candidate and even nominate?
Why didn't they kick him out of the party before he nominated in the republican race?

The Republicans aren't as distanced from Trump as you might think. They aren't "against" Trump as much as they are worried about their political careers if they hug him every day.

What I see is two mega rich people running for office. Mega rich people who are out of touch with the reality that is every day living and struggles for the majority common people.
When was the last time a rich person in office made a decision that benefitted the poor or was socially mindful?

I agree. But, when have you EVER seen mega-rich people cast their vote for the poor. Last time I can think of is JFK.

Here in Australia we have a multi millionaire who lives in a mega luxury mansion on Sydney harbour running the country.
They've hit the welfare system, to repair the budget.
Meanwhile the mega corporations and wealthy pay zero tax. I think the figure was about $50 billion annually that the budget misses out on from the elites skimping on their taxes.
Instead they've decided to go after the rest of the country to make up the shortfall.

We are being given candidates to elect into office who don't represent us or our interests.
It's bull#.

Well, of course it's BS...we all know that, and all the votes, all the partyline toe'ing all the forum messages in the world can't accomplish one simple thing....that being the ability to fix someones character...we can't do that and never will, regretfully.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

poor form.

Yep I agree, that was poor form...Heff is anything but a paid troll lol

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Lol this op is great, career politicians created a one world economy which is very close to an NWO and the very people who peddle the NWO conspiracy are not expected to catch on and not go against the candidate representing it en masse

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join