It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Some Of You Seem To Think That ATS Should Be A Safe Zone For Trump

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

No one's forcing you to even speak to anyone else, so there's simply no excuse for calling someone an idiot as your mode of operation here.

Unless of course, you're running for President and then you can get YUGE rounds of applause for your personal attacks, name calling and ABSOLUTE lack of substance.

Right?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Sorry about that,please forgive me! I was just wanting to have some fun
with this person.I was in need of a good laugh.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The apocalypse is nigh, I tell you! NIGH!

We have the Cubs playing in the World Series.... And they might actually win it.

We have evil, degenerate, killer clowns luring our children into the woods.

We have pumpkin flavored everything, and everyone knows that pumpkins play a huge role in the satanic holiday that is Halloween, so that pumpkin spice latte is clearly the devil's brew. Pumpkin rolls are the devil's desert. Pumpkin pie is the gateway to satanism, people.... And the worst are those pumpkin flavored sausages that are a clear sign of the impending apocalypse.

And finally.... We have the Don and Billary as actual contenders for POTUS. That is perhaps the clearest sign that the world is obviously ending.

In all seriousness, though...

I'll have to laugh a little bit if Hillary wins, and has to sit behind the same desk that Monica crawled under...

(And no, before the inevitable assumptions are made, I'm not a fan of either candidate. He's a class A creeper, she has more shade than the world's forests combined, and neither of them should be in the position to make decisions concerning the future of this country. Period.)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The threads about both candidates are full of comments that reflect a strong emotional bias in the authors thinking, overwhelmingly and more or less equally so. The ironic part is, that so many of those arguing that the bias is so much more prevalent on the "other" side, are among those most blind to their own bias.

Don't like bias? Want to rid the world of it? Then your time will be better spent identifying the biases in your own thinking, rather than pointing out the bias in someone else's.

Same goes for name calling and the demonization of the "other" guy.

There's really no trick in identifying stupidity, bias, and the like in the other guy. Your own confirmation bias guarantees that you will, sometimes even when those things aren't there.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
The threads about both candidates are full of comments that reflect a strong emotional bias in the authors thinking, overwhelmingly and more or less equally so. The ironic part is, that so many of those arguing that the bias is so much more prevalent on the "other" side, are among those most blind to their own bias.

My view on the difference between Trump and Clinton is not emotional at all.

Is that your view on things.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Is that your view on things

Annee,

I'm not going to comment on the biases, as I do or don't perceive them, of specific posters. I don't think singling any specific person out is productive.

But I would suggest that it's when one is most convinced that bias, including emotional bias, confirmation bias and etc has played little to no role in the formation of their opinion of/stance on an issue, it's the most likely time that it has and done so and done so in a way that remains uncorrected for.

edit on 2-11-2016 by imwilliam because: I'm old, I forget things

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

Is that your view on things

Annee,

I'm not going to comment on the biases, as I do or don't perceive them, of specific posters. I don't think singling any specific person out is productive.

But I would suggest that it's when one is most convinced that bias, including emotional bias, confirmation bias and etc has played little to no role in the formation of their opinion of/stance on an issue, it's the most likely time that it has and done so and done so in a way that remains uncorrected for.

I try to stick to logic.

Clinton has the experience and background needed.

Trump is a Narcissist. Not someone I consider logically - - to be president.

I actually was kind of a fan of Trump years ago.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well, Trump's bass of support are racists, loons and wackadoos.

And ATS has disproportionate number of members who are loons or wackadoos.

Personally, I love loons and wackdoos. But I think it's a pity they've been scammed by a flim-flam artist like Trump. But Roger Stone has taught him how to speak like a loon and a wackadoo and it's worked.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I want Trump supporters to realize that ATS is not meant to be circle jerk,

If it is, dibs on sitting next to Mr. Trump. His small hands will give me a yuuuge ego boost!

Trump 2016

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Anne,

You know what would be interesting? A thread where those voting for Trump were called upon to point out some his negatives and where those voting for Hillary pointed out some of hers.

Rules might be something like:

(1) Any positive comments about Trump by Trump supporters would be disallowed as would any negative comments about Hillary by Trump supporters.

(2) Any positive comments about Hillary by Hillary supporters would be disallowed as would any negative comments about Trump by Hillary supporters.

(3)Those claiming that they hate/love them both equally, abstain from commenting.

Might go a long ways towards establishing/re-establishing a little more mutual respect among the partisans. Might also suggest which "side" is more blinded by bias

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

But new to ATS Trump supporters didn't show up enmasse and start flooding the site with links from dubious sites.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Hillary has no flaws silly.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Would be interesting. This quote is in reference to Hitler:

Of course he was narcissistic. That's why he made people believe in him the way he believed in himself. He had the exact traits of a narcissistic person, he loved himself more than anything, he always blamed others for his own actions, he never felt guilty about anything. He wanted to be worshipped, he was extremely manipulative, did not care about one's feelings. All he cared about was power and greed. That's a typical narcissistic person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I say about Hillary is: She's a shark in shark infested waters. But, she's swimming in the direction I want to go.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

No one's forcing you to even speak to anyone else, so there's simply no excuse for calling someone an idiot as your mode of operation here.

Unless of course, you're running for President and then you can get YUGE rounds of applause for your personal attacks, name calling and ABSOLUTE lack of substance.

Right?

If presidential candidates do it, it doesn't make it mature or the Right thing to do.

Using the profane behavior of others to excuse your own poor behavior is illegitimate.

That comment I made pertains to behavior on ATS specifically by the way. There are suppose to be standards of decorum here.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Seriously.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What I say about Hillary is: She's a shark in shark infested waters. But, she's swimming in the direction I want to go.

As far as I can tell, the only direction Trump and Clinton are going is down into the gutter to eat each other alive.

It's sad that issues like our transportation system, energy policies, taxation, geopolitics, environmentalism, water quality, education, etc have almost nothing to do with this entire election cycle.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

We had one of those.

There are plenty of negatives for Trump. He's uncouth just for starters.

I admit that I can't think of much that's positive about Hillary.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

What I would say negative about Trump since I want to see him win.

He is a Super Proud Blow-heart, Insane, Buffoon.....he is like a modern Nebuchadnezzar(Babylons ancient ruler that conquered Jerusalem)

Cavet: Nebuchadnezzar despite all his major flaws got stuff done, he was a renowned builder, responsible for one of the seven wonders of the world, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Not to mention the walls of the ancient city of Babylon were huge, you could ride a chariot on top of them and turn it around, that's how wide they were.
edit on 2-11-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Anyone familiar with my posts should realize that I enjoy political debate that gets a little muddy. Sometimes an idiot should be called an idiot. The last few months however have been increasingly disturbing. Perhaps many of you have been spoiled to the self proclaimed bastion of free speech at /r/the_donald where people get banned if say anything even slightly negative about Trump. Maybe. Or maybe that's just the infantile mind of Trump supporters in general.

I want Trump supporters to realize that ATS is not meant to be circle jerk, there are long time members as well as new members that are liberal or left leaning... we are a very small but vocal minority here... kind of like Trumpsters in real life.

I've seen way too many people here lately act shocked, appalled and offended down to their toes that anyone dare say bad things about Trump. You aren't entitled to safe space here and frankly I wonder why you would bother posting here at all when you don't value discourse.

This is nothing new Kali...almost as long as this site has existed, the high profile and presidential election cycles have been riddled with madness.

As far as I can see, the thing that has changed the most (and continues upon its downward spiral) is the ability for genuine critical thinking.

Honestly though, it's a good outlet (or better than violence anyway) for the radical thinkers and activists amongst us. From a purely pragmatic viewpoint, I would rather see the "idiots" here, than with M4's out on the street.

AB1
edit on 2-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

As far as I can tell, the only direction Trump and Clinton are going is down into the gutter to eat each other alive.

It's sad that issues like our transportation system, energy policies, taxation, geopolitics, environmentalism, water quality, education, etc have almost nothing to do with this entire election cycle.

Absolutely true!

This is an election of popularity without the benefit of actually addressing real-world issues. But then again, think about that for a moment....if someones (or a group of someones) aim was to keep the collective too busy with inconsequential so they could get what they wanted, they certainly would be achieving it with this election cycle.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join