It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Some Of You Seem To Think That ATS Should Be A Safe Zone For Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+101 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Anyone familiar with my posts should realize that I enjoy political debate that gets a little muddy. Sometimes an idiot should be called an idiot. The last few months however have been increasingly disturbing. Perhaps many of you have been spoiled to the self proclaimed bastion of free speech at /r/the_donald where people get banned if say anything even slightly negative about Trump. Maybe. Or maybe that's just the infantile mind of Trump supporters in general.

I want Trump supporters to realize that ATS is not meant to be circle jerk, there are long time members as well as new members that are liberal or left leaning... we are a very small but vocal minority here... kind of like Trumpsters in real life.

I've seen way too many people here lately act shocked, appalled and offended down to their toes that anyone dare say bad things about Trump. You aren't entitled to safe space here and frankly I wonder why you would bother posting here at all when you don't value discourse.

+135 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So you're whining about some Trump supporters whining?

Pot, let me introduce you to kettle.

+69 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

And some of "you" think it should be a safe zone for Clinton. About 44% if the poles are right, down from 52%.

+48 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I guess some see the evil that is Hillary , others dont . And no , ATS is not a safe zone for Trump supporters , there are just more of them .

+45 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
If Hillary had more supporters they could have their own circle jerk. Not our fault Trump has more supporters on this site. Its hard to find reasons to support a criminal that has 30 years experience destroying our country.
edit on 2-11-2016 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

+95 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

It's not "discourse" when Liberals keep telling us what a monster Trump is, while ignoring and defending what a criminal Clinton is. I have heard nothing but excuses when it comes to Hillary, like you all aren't hearing and seeing the same things the rest of us are. You almost literally say "Nothing to see here", while doing your damndest to dig up any little thing you can find on Trump. Is he an asshat? Oh yeah. I'll admit it. Now, can you admit Hillary is a criminal ?
Or will you all continue to use the usual double standard?

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

That's the new Progressive thing! People are tired of their "I'm a VICTIM!", so there fore they have adapted "Victim Projecting"! Notice how even in the OP,

we are a very small but vocal minority here
roflmao

Hey, at least they are trying new things!

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

No whining just a reminder that people who are against Trump are legit members here.

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

And some of "you" think it should be a safe zone for Clinton. About 44% if the poles are right, down from 52%.

Most of us don't like Hillary either. Don't be so quick to knee-jerk or assume.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I agree did you see the venom directed at Anthe yesterday? like a pack of rabid dogs.

+41 more 
link   

Oh look, yet another person who thinks their opinion is worth more than another poster. Complete with total lack of class and ad homs to boot.

The basic function of a forum completely eliminates a safe zone that you are referring to.

+19 more 
link   

Some ATS members that support Trump have expressed their opinion that members like me, who support Hillary Clinton, should be jailed along with her!
edit on 2-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
link   

I would say that there has been far too much partisanship here of late in general, and it never fails to irk me in the streets, but here, in this rarefied atmosphere full of experienced debaters, thinkers, and conspiracy watchers, I expect better.

I expect this membership to observe as its first obligation, unity between members, loyalty to the ideal of denial of ignorance, and above all things, a willingness to see things as they are, not as propagandists insist that they are. In short, I expect wisdom as a minimum, in an environment where genius used to be common. We must be a bastion, a beacon of hope in a time when reason, rationality, and even the concept of community are collapsing. We must be more prepared to unite together, than the forces ranged against us are to divide us.

I never thought to see a time, when members of this website would routinely display that the propaganda on either side of the political divide, is working so perfectly as to infect even this august membership. It used to be that even the right wing here was advocated for by those who would refuse to buy a lie no matter its source, when the left was advocated for by those who refused to accept a loss of liberty, when there were things that united all of us, left and right, conservative and liberal. I remember a time when the truth affected opinion, and it seems not to now.

That is concerning in the extreme.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
defending what a criminal Clinton is.

So exactly what crimes has she been found guilty of, by which court?

Or that is just something you claim just to have a whine about Hillary!
edit on 2-11-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I think the main point being that this is not a political site. It is a conspiracy site....built for that specific reason.

Sure it has morphed into something else over time, but the roots are in conspiracy. This is the exact kind of site that people like Obama ridicule folks being a part of and even try to associate those like Trump with in order to discredit.

I think if anyone wants to actually have a discussion around politics, ATS isn't really the best forum for that.

Anywho....I don't think anyone, regardless of political leaning, really cares about a safe haven for spouting off here...it isn't like anyone knows who anyone else is.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Kali...what makes you think your "discourse" is not valued here on ATS?
You express your opinion and others engage it by discussing, arguing, asking questions, etc.--Like I am doing right now with this post.
Isn't that what is supposed to take place?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

6 more days.

+28 more 
link   

Sometimes an idiot should be called an idiot.

Hmm...I thought the same thing reading your thread...

However, I rarely comment on the color of the sky as it is obvious to everyone with eyes....

-Chris

link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

We did notice how quick his defender's took it personal and got the thread 404'd with the classless insult's that began with the accused. Funny how he couldn't defend himself and never did but instead went on a 6 am insult fest. That screamed guilty to most of us, but carry on robot, programmed to accept what you're told to believe.

+45 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Ok you're an idiot for supporting a lifetime criminal . For supporting a woman who openly HATES all Americans . For supporting a woman that thinks she is above the laws of the American people . For supporting a woman who says one thing in public and does another behind closed doors.

I honestly feel only an idiot can back this excuse for citizen .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join