It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Bigfoot located?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i would really read up on the Indian folklore of bigfoot. Its been a part of alot of Indian tribes for a long while.
I bet one could find some pretty interesting information just by spending some time researching and maybe speaking to some tribes that have been associated with bigfoot

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here is a list of state-by-state listings. I think Bigfoot is all around. I wish they could catch him.

www.n2.net...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There has been strong evidence to suggest the existence of a variant of Bigfoot, or 'Yeti' in the Himalayan regions of Bhutan and Tibet. I am very interested in this subject, as there could be many things living on our doorstep we are in the dark about. Such natural areas we should consider are: The Poles, The Outback and The Himalayas. Seeing as Everest has shrunk four feet in the last decade due to global warming, these issues continue to alarm me.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I grew up an Air Force brat, I'm 35 years old, and I have seen alot in my lifetime.

I was a child when my dad was stationed at Loring AFB, Maine, and I remember going out behind our house (adjacent to woods with an abandoned ski-area) and playing in this meadow which had a strawberry patch. In this patch were several very old, very large footprints which somewhat resembled "squared" bare human feet (even the toes left impressions). I remember the older kids saying these footprints were made by the "Old Man of the Woods". I also remember being able to stand completely inside one of these prints ( I was about 8 years old) and not being able to jump from one to the other!

I lived near Spokane, WA for 12 years, and used to hunt the Colville National Forest as an adult. In 1996, I had a unique experience while deer-hunting.

In 1989, while I was in the Air Force, I seen some interesting stuff near Nellis AFB, NV. I was an avid aircraft enthusiast and at that time I was in the Air Force as a Crew Chief for F-15C/D's. My regular station was Langley AFB, VA.

Anyway, time permitting, I'll elaborate for anyone interested. I've got to get my butt in gear so I'm not late for work!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kakugo
You are welcome.
If you are interested, Kegan Paul is currently reprinting Heuvelmans' "On the Tracks of Unknown Animals". (...) Expensive, but well worth every single penny. If you should ever buy a SINGLE cryptozoology book, this is it.

"... the cryptozoological equivalent of Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia" (Review)

I'm very fond of quality hardbacks, and will add it to my collection for sure.

The only turnoff seems to be that the book has never been translated into german language-
but maybe this is my vocation ...

Thanks again Kakugo, can you point me in the direction of a French First Printing as well?
(If yes, please reply via the "U2U" gimmick. Many thanks in advance!)

[edit on 28-1-2005 by popular mechanics]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thankyou people for your help...Creewolf..please do tell your account, im interested in hearing anyones account or view point.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
123. I am very interested in this subject and would like to hear. Bedtime beckons though. Have a good nigt everyone.. I will be here tomorrow

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
i would really read up on the Indian folklore of bigfoot. Its been a part of alot of Indian tribes for a long while.
I bet one could find some pretty interesting information just by spending some time researching and maybe speaking to some tribes that have been associated with bigfoot

I can provide some biography here: it's not stuff you'll find in your local library, though.
Marjorie Halpin and Michael Ames, eds., "Manlike Monsters on Trial: Early Records and Modern Evidence" (Vancouver, Canada: University of British Columbia Press, 1980)
John Napier, "Bigfoot: The Yeti and Sasquatch in Myth and Reality" (New York: E.P. Dutton, 1973)
Loren Coleman and Mark Hall, "Some Bigfoot Traditions of the North American Tribes", INFO Journal, no. 7 (1970)
Wayne Suttles, "On the Cultural Track of the Sasquatch", Northwest Anthropological Research Notes 6 (1972)
If you are interested about the Yeti, just tell and I'll start a new thread with some good stuff and a decent biography.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
He's buried at Wounded Knee, right next to my heart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join