It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Strong Signal From a Neighboring Solar System Has E.T. Seekers Speculating

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

So you're saying that military frequencies are ordinary frequencies?

They are ordinary. Typically we humans reserve certain bands for different sectors of society. Government/mil freqs are going to be very different. Also much of it will be encrypted anyway. Regardless, just because our government uses certain frequencies doesn't make them extraordinary or different, other than the kinds of signals you can send.

Usually these reserved bands are excellent for HF and UHF encrypted comms.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Interesting i will be looking out for more about this too.

on the "military frequency" thing i would not read too much into that because well WHO's frequency

US UK Russian French? each country follows global and local allocations for spectrum use and one country's
allocations don't necessarily match another and not all of them are even used just allocated and a lot of bandwidth is shared.
And it shouldnt be to difficult to find out if a certain block of channels were in use and by who/what
if it was by a government department even if the contents of such signals are regarded as confidential.

also that go'es out the window if the supposed range of the signal is verified.

what is needed is for it to be detected again on the same frequency and also received by another radio telescope on another continent at the same time.

time will tell.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Familiar military frequency? Would that be the Navy? Aren't they rumoured to have a secret space program where they can travel to other solar systems?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

I only brought up military bands because it is mostly used for HF and UHF as well as encrypted communications and data transmission.

These frequencies would also most likely be used by alien civilizations as they are usually the more powerful. But when looking for these signals it is often the case that signals bouncing off of satellites and other space craft are mistaken for transmissions from further out.

edit on 2 11 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
Familiar military frequency? Would that be the Navy? Aren't they rumoured to have a secret space program where they can travel to other solar systems?

Military bands are well known and since most of the traffic is encrypted you won't get much data from them

There is no evidence the US Navy is flying around the solar system or elsewhere, but on Earth.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
May be its the X37B. Anyone know if its out? Being a mil freq. Was my inital thought when a mil freq was mentioned. I certinaly like that were getting better at detecting signals. As spock says "Fascinating"

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

That to me sounds that they sure knew what frequencies are beter for encryption and those who are not ?

So sort of special anyhow right?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Excellent! Thanks for the info!

I still think a super secret navy space program would be awesome, and it's not something I'm willing to discount only because the 10 year old in me thinks it would be cool!!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

That to me sounds that they sure knew what frequencies are beter for encryption and those who are not ?

So sort of special anyhow right?

Those frequencies are good for freqhop, encryption, and data because more information can be passed through them than low power communications, they are typically more reliable, and go much farther.

Any alien species with radio technology equal to our own or better would know this too and might transmit on these frequencies.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: Jay-morris

I've seen that article too. I think this could be the one you're referring to.

The independent

But what if the signals are indeed some say are produced by some secret spaceforce of our own or other craft orbiting our planet?

Sadly they do not say the name of the starsystem it's coming from.

A secret space force with interstellar capabilities would not be using standard radio communication for extreme distances (like 95 light years) because radio frequencies don't move at light speed and even if they did it would still take 95 years for the message to get from one ship to another.

all electromagnetic radiation -- from radio waves to x-rays -- travel at the speed of light.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
...because radio frequencies don't move at light speed and even if they did it would still take 95 years for the message to get from one ship to another.

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
all electromagnetic radiation -- from radio waves to x-rays -- travel at the speed of light.

Yes. Thanks you for posting this.

Light and radio are two versions of the same thing -- as is infrared, gamma rays, X-rays, ultraviolet radiation, and microwaves.

They are all electromagnetic radiation, and they all travel at the speed of light.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: superman2012

Military bands are well known and since most of the traffic is encrypted you won't get much data from them

There is no evidence the US Navy is flying around the solar system or elsewhere, but on Earth.

Are you sure about that?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Haha.

Technically it would make more sense to have the Navy floating around in space than it would to have the Air Force. The Navy certainly does have more experience in 3D maneuverability in inhospitable environments.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Riffrafter

Haha.

Technically it would make more sense to have the Navy floating around in space than it would to have the Air Force. The Navy certainly does have more experience in 3D maneuverability in inhospitable environments.

Many people don't realize it but for the most part the US Navy owns space from a military perspective.

Air Force has some presence of course in a number of different areas but the majority of their responsibilities are for things in the "atmosphere". If it's an air-breather - Air Force is the lead.

Hell, the Navy has had some serious research vessels in space that many people know about. Most of the public consumption stuff is a little dated, but even those have spawned more than a few conspiracy theories right here on ATS.

It actually makes perfect sense when you think about it.

edit on 11/3/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join