It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age of The Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hello all, I am a philosopher. My interests include philosophy, gaming, and changing the world. I'm changing the game and will stir up lots of trouble in the process. The first step is to get seers to help me formulate what is going on. I figure I'll find lots of seers on this website to help me out with that.

Does anyone else know about the game and why it exists?

In any case I'm pleased to announce the game is is changed and hopefully this will be allowed to be said as it is a thought crime of the highest order that I commit by saying this. You-know-who will be looking for me (you know if you are a seer).

Any ways, I am very excited to be finally playing this game and can't wait to see if there are any seers who reply.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: aphilosopher

Welcome to ATS. I Hope you find what you're looking for here. Sounds intriguing.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Aye, welcome to ATS. Home of craziest sane folk on the net. I don't know which game exactly you're talking about, there are so very many but there's one important one...

And you all just lost The Game.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

Aye, welcome to ATS. Home of craziest sane folk on the net. I don't know which game exactly you're talking about, there are so very many but there's one important one...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

If you want some seer advice you should check your post for grammar mistakes and such. You wrote the word, is, twice.

Welcome to ATS.

Hail Eris

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Welcome to the game of ATS.

Lots of forums and threads to read that may help you find what you're looking for :-)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Welcome and stirring up lots of trouble may make others see red, not the light, not even the red light. So, I look forward to 'seeing' you on the philosophy and metaphysical forum.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Welcome. There is no game. As a philosopher, the problem is that youll always be searching and never finding nor reaching a definitive conclusion, because everytime some new evidence presents itself...youll change your conclusion to fit. Thats ok.

2 things youll find here. The membership here is a lot smarter as a whole than most any other members only forum. Speculation and modified conclusions abound based on changing info, situations and evidence.

To imply all is some game...then there should be standard rules, points and expected outcome based on points. But life is not a game, there are no general rules, everything is open (and closed) to interpretation, based on changing values, evidence, sudden and re-occuring events and evidence that forms a conclusion subject to change(s).

Games imply winners and losers and rules to play. There are no rules and the ones that do exist are ever-changing...therefore life is not a game. Just an ever changing value system with only one winner...and thats "Death" at the end of a hopefully long and productive life.

So matter what you learn...it all ends the same. The only "team hat" youll wear here is a tinfoil one. Welcome to ATS.

MS
A "Sensitive"

(post by AshFan removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

Ah you know more than you are letting on.... I'm changing The Game and shifting the objective.
edit on 2-11-2016 by aphilosopher because: correction in word choice

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Welcome. There is no game. As a philosopher, the problem is that youll always be searching and never finding nor reaching a definitive conclusion, because everytime some new evidence presents itself...youll change your conclusion to fit. Thats ok.

2 things youll find here. The membership here is a lot smarter as a whole than most any other members only forum. Speculation and modified conclusions abound based on changing info, situations and evidence.

To imply all is some game...then there should be standard rules, points and expected outcome based on points. But life is not a game, there are no general rules, everything is open (and closed) to interpretation, based on changing values, evidence, sudden and re-occuring events and evidence that forms a conclusion subject to change(s).

Games imply winners and losers and rules to play. There are no rules and the ones that do exist are ever-changing...therefore life is not a game. Just an ever changing value system with only one winner...and thats "Death" at the end of a hopefully long and productive life.

So matter what you learn...it all ends the same. The only "team hat" youll wear here is a tinfoil one. Welcome to ATS.

MS
A "Sensitive"
The game I'm talking about is not the game of life, although I would disagree life is not a game. In the game of life God ends all the universes that have weaker scores while maintaining the universes with the higher scores. Collective punishment is not fair, but it happens.

The game I'm changing will have rules and points.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Welcome and stirring up lots of trouble may make others see red, not the light, not even the red light. So, I look forward to 'seeing' you on the philosophy and metaphysical forum.
This is true. My role in the game is to change the first rule of the game. Current winners will be seeing red and not the light.

You have great potential as a seer along with a few others in this thread, which is great. You have the most interesting post because you question my tactics and point out a fault. Lovely! Thanks.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Treating this like one of your "games' you mentioned as enjoying, is wrong. You stated to one reply the phrase "question my tactics"...Ths mistake youre making is stating they are your tactics. In fact...they are old tactics, used and misued over and over again.

I attribute this to a lack of comprehension that what is old, becomes new again, and all has transpired many times over throughout history. You need maintain the game, have produced the game, or have all the answers to it. Certainly, you state elsewhere youll change the objective...then that takes you out, and it is no longer relevant to that game, but a new one.

And this realization provides us with evidence that these are neither your tactics, ideas or "game"...in fact..apparently youve not figured out the rules in the 1st place.

A journey of 1,000 miles begins with the 1st step...and whereas you may have your shoes on...youve yet to lace them up.

And as you ask for "seers' to help you? A true seer will understand why its important to NOT help you. And as a person studying philosophy...the reasoning should be clear to you, whereas..because you are even here stating it as such....it is not evidently.

Good luck. I hope you find that which you seek. But it wont be from outside. But, within.
edit on 2-11-2016 by mysterioustranger because: splck

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Treating this like one of your "games' you mentioned as enjoying, is wrong. You stated to one reply the phrase "question my tactics"...Ths mistake youre making is stating they are your tactics. In fact...they are old tactics, used and misued over and over again.

I attribute this to a lack of comprehension that what is old, becomes new again, and all has transpired many times over throughout history. You need maintain the game, have produced the game, or have all the answers to it. Certainly, you state elsewhere youll change the objective...then that takes you out, and it is no longer relevant to that game, but a new one.

And this realization provides us with evidence that these are neither your tactics, ideas or "game"...in fact..apparently youve not figured out the rules in the 1st place.

A journey of 1,000 miles begins with the 1st step...and whereas you may have your shoes on...youve yet to lace them up.

And as you ask for "seers' to help you? A true seer will understand why its important to NOT help you. And as a person studying philosophy...the reasoning should be clear to you, whereas..because you are even here stating it as such....it is not evidently.

Good luck. I hope you find that which you seek. But it wont be from outside. But, within.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not seeking true seers, I'm seeking game seers who want to play the game. People who are capable of not taking everything seriously but also look at games as a learning experience and maybe even a spiritual learning experience. Someone who wants to have fun while having that fun serve some purpose. I want my gaming to add to my life instead of taking it away.

I have completed a major spiritual journey and can use my gaming time to help others complete theirs. So many other games are shallow and meaningless. I want a game with meaning and play that will actually translate to something good in real life.

While the general game tactics are very old, at least one of my tactics is most definitely new and a first. I will most definitely fade into irrelevance in the game by its very definition. The objective now is the only objective I can control, and I hardly have much control over. Sure the game could be re-purposed for other objectives, but that is not in my plans and to a larger extent beyond my control since the game only exists to relinquish control in a way that is most difficult to overcome for the opposing players. This game ends renders the other ones irrelevant while having a trick up its sleeve to also render itself irrelevant (a game and only a game) although I can see you don't think the trick will work. But, you don't seem to know the trick I'll be using either.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Then start a thread and let the game(s) begin.

top topics

join